1 Month until return to game:)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Msha
Magician

Re: 1 Month until return to game:)

Post by Msha »

Gnome is the master race, so there.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

blackmist03 wrote:i was just makign sure. I think i should be able to level them up pretty fast..probably a decent level in a month or so.
Yeah, that should be easy. Even without the shaman PL'ing, at the lower lvls, just grab tank mercs instead of healers mercs and power to 50. Can make in there in a few days without trying very hard.
blackmist03
Magician

Post by blackmist03 »

So my buddy is thinking of making a trio of toons also.. and he was wondering about SK, wizz,Mage... or SK druid shm... he was wondering if any of you could give any advice? Also he says "if they have any other suggestionsfor trios they have used they can tell me about those too". Him and I would appreciate it.
Some do it for glory, some do it for themselves, but the true heroes, they do it for those who cannot or simply will not.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

well blacksmith ,a wizzy is really high dps,work well with mage and other class as a box.
can huge dps,snare ,evac,for you could be snare pull + coh, TELEPORT group to bind aa , that one is great,ports ect.
if you don't want to level 2 same toons like 2 mages.specially if you friend will play a mage..

teleport group to bind a if u don't know what it is = get your wizzy bind somewhere where you set your killing area or whatever at safe place and u can port the entire group there,can be good to get tasks or selling items,get wiz bind at one spot and mage at other spot so u can port to one spot and be COH back when you are done with task / selling / ect .

melee is harder to equip if u want him a *good* tank at higher level (specially if both of you don't raid ) ,but with the latest expansion zones like converteum,there are some items even better than raid SOD gears (tower in korofax ).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I have never done a trio with any of those classes, however I have played a nec, enc, SK, druid, cleric as a 2box with my mage. And pretty much the SK was useless to me except to split mobs. So in all honesty I really wouldn't recommend going a tank class unless his heart is set on that as his main class. B/c like it was said before SK/pally/warr all are hugely gear dependent, and if they dont have the proper gear it severely limits what the group can do. Also, with mercs healing your friend really wouldn't need to go with 2 healing classes with the SK just because you would be lacking in the DPS department and you would have an abundance of heals.

I am a big fan of mage/enc combo. You have crowd control, Mana regen buffs, mana reiterate aura, haste, slows, rune, Tash, and probably more things that I am missing. That combo can be really deadly in a lot of zones, especially if you get good at charming mobs. You also have good DPs in the mage and a beastly pet to keep the mobs off your casters. After that it really depends on where you want to go. If your friend wants single pulls I would go with a necro for the simple fact they do ok DPS in the group game, and its relatively easy to pull with them once they have a few AAs. If you want DPS I would break out the wizzy and just blow smurf up, wizzies also benefit from mana reiterate aura as well iirc.

Hope that helps.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I often two box a mage/chanter, and it works very well. Currently my chanter is only 78, so I don't get the full benefit of being able to mez most of the mobs I'm fighting, but the beguiler's banishment and beguiler's directed banishment AAs make that less of an issue (if you're not aware it's a knockback/root/memblur AA that's not level restricted and has a pretty fast recast). For me it's pretty worth it just for the mind buffs, slows, and hasting RS which is a huge DPS boost. Were I to add a third box it would probably be another mage just to get things dead faster.
Msha
Magician

Post by Msha »

I used to threebox a SK, Cleric and Chanter, basically was not much I was not able to take down. These days I threebox Mage, Mage, Wiz and nothing stays alive long enough to do any real damage :P
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
blackmist03
Magician

Post by blackmist03 »

My friend keeps trying to convince me that soloing a mage is nto good cause its super boring, and it is way to easy to over aggro the pet.
Some do it for glory, some do it for themselves, but the true heroes, they do it for those who cannot or simply will not.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

blackmist03 wrote:My friend keeps trying to convince me that soloing a mage is nto good cause its super boring, and it is way to easy to over aggro the pet.
As for the latter point, I think they just don't know what they're talking about. The only way I can pull aggro off my pet is if I 1 - pull with a nuke (stupid) 2 - use twincast and burn hard within the first 10-15 seconds or so of a fight or 3 - go clicky crazy during spell cooldown within the first 10 seconds of a fight. I only have spell casting subtlety to 4 and my epic 1.5, so it's not like I'm overflowing with hate reduction either. Normally as soon as my pet is fully engaged I can go full normal burn (no clickies, just spells as they refresh) with no fear of pulling aggro.

At lower levels it may be easier to pull aggro off your pet, but I can't really say since it's been a long time since it's been a problem for me. As for the first point, what's boring about being AWESOME? :)
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

To be fair, at lower levels you can steal aggro fairly easily. Atleast i remember it happening often while leveling up. But atm i cannot steal aggro if my life depended on it.