AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Post by svenalo »

Redius wrote: ...other quotes removed because of forum limitations...

Let me pose the question to you thusly; would you rather have the reclaim option or no mana regen option? I will agree, the reclaim idea is the LAST idea we should breach about it, but it's better than nothing. And pet swap is something that the devs have turned down (for coding reasons iirc) over and over again. If we broach the idea of pet swap and the Devs say we can have it this time around, then sure, forget reclaiming pets for mana; BUT if devs say no to pet swap (again), then we'd be remiss to completely ignore the reclaim avenue. Lets not forget, the more options and creative suggestions we give to the devs about how to achieve the specific goal of mana regen, the more likely we'll find a way they want to give to us, regardless if its our first, second, or even third choice.
Personally I would rather have no mana regen added if the only option to get it was some reclaim scheme that killed the pet. Even if they said no to pet swap, and if in that case they gave us reclaim, then you have shot pet swap in the foot for down the road because they might say yes at a future point. And then we would be stuck in that instance with one or the other we couldn't use (want mana blast, no swap for you sorry...or have swap and no way to get mana).
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

How about effects to change what our pets can do

**Double Backstab for water pets
**triple attack for air pet
**increased spell damage for fire pet
**100/150/200 ds for earth pet

*Imbue elements
Increases pet melee damage by 10pts and backstab dam by 75pts per rank

*Increase the rate that pets crit at

Or Non Pet AAs
Increase rain spell damage by 80pts per hit and increase resist adjust by 10pts per rank
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

svenalo wrote:
Redius wrote: ...other quotes removed because of forum limitations...

Let me pose the question to you thusly; would you rather have the reclaim option or no mana regen option? I will agree, the reclaim idea is the LAST idea we should breach about it, but it's better than nothing. And pet swap is something that the devs have turned down (for coding reasons iirc) over and over again. If we broach the idea of pet swap and the Devs say we can have it this time around, then sure, forget reclaiming pets for mana; BUT if devs say no to pet swap (again), then we'd be remiss to completely ignore the reclaim avenue. Lets not forget, the more options and creative suggestions we give to the devs about how to achieve the specific goal of mana regen, the more likely we'll find a way they want to give to us, regardless if its our first, second, or even third choice.
Personally I would rather have no mana regen added if the only option to get it was some reclaim scheme that killed the pet. Even if they said no to pet swap, and if in that case they gave us reclaim, then you have shot pet swap in the foot for down the road because they might say yes at a future point. And then we would be stuck in that instance with one or the other we couldn't use (want mana blast, no swap for you sorry...or have swap and no way to get mana).
No, you could still have pet swap, you'd just have to kill a pet you didn't want to kill. Like I said, it's not ideal, but i'd take mana regen in any form at this point. Right now, if you die on raids, you're basically useless for the next 5-8 minutes (unless you get divine rez, or staunch or other once-a-day methods). NO other class is so hampered upon death.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

i dont like this argument cause it makes it sounds like its reclaim mana or nothing
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

deadman1204 wrote:i dont like this argument cause it makes it sounds like its reclaim mana or nothing
I'd choose nothing, but that's just me. While it's easy to predict ways of using it in current content, we have no way of knowing how things will pan out in the future. I'd rather not be put in situations in the future where it's a huge detriment.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

1st prirority always is bigger, meaner, more survivable pets. After that all is secondary I am sure all agree. We are mages, the pet is our life blood. Knowing that we should never ask for anything that requires killing said pet for anything. We need to protect them, make them better, not a sacrifice.

A new rod for a lot of mana.
Upgrade to water form.
New tramatize pet for mana regen we need.
Anything but killing off our pets.

We have a lot of options for mana regen to ask for. Killing off the pet means we devalue them in favor of mana and we never want the devs to get that mindset ever. They need the mindset of. Mages want pets, protect them. Make them better and never sacrifice them for any reason. That is the ground we need to take. Pets as a means of mana. No. Our own hit points as in rods. Yes. We value them more then ourself. We need them to realize the pet is the be all, and end all for mages. That way anytime other classes bitch about our pets, the devs can say and it is true. The mage class is their pets. Not the other way around.

Calebe
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

I would almost choose nothing over reclaim mana regen. Let's face it, the only reason reclaiming was useful back in the day was because 5 min to fom was better than 15 min. I always keep one pet pocketed, so it would be completely useless in everyday activities, i would rather wait the 30 sec to get ooc.

The only time it *would* be useful is being rezzed in to a raid and you don't have divine/staunch/kiss/paragon/harvestpot/whatever available. However, in most situations, simply clicking a rod, making a new pet, and being conservative would probably amount to more damage than not dps'ing at all while reclaim chaining. Better yet, click rez box to lobby, make new pet, buff out with whatever you have time for, suspend, then take rez. If reclaiming turns out to be huge mana regen, or the fight significantly longer, then sure.

As for Fade, I couldn't care less what they do (or don't do) to it. In 2-3 weeks I still haven't used it yet, other than testing to make sure the macro works.

-nako/saryrn
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Ok, guess i'm in the minority. I'll shut mah trap about that potential avenue for mana regen.

*and for what it's worth, i love pet fade. It's never failed on me and i've used it plenty to drop agro running through foundation etc where there's lots of see invis.
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

give us mana regen and aas to increase joltcap pls if i had to pick 2 things to choose that woud be it
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

An AA that allows our pet to show up on the map.