AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Post by Merlaina »

Not really a new AA, more of a change to an old one, but I'd like to see forceful rejuvenation cut down to something like a 5-10 minute reuse. I mean seriously, this AA doesn't affect twincast, so what could we possibly refresh that's so overpowering it can only be used once per hour? I think most of us use this for RS when we get a GoM proc off the previous RS. What else would we use it for? Hungry Flames? Um, no. Thaumatize Pet? Very doubtful we'd blow it just for that.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Merlaina wrote:Not really a new AA, more of a change to an old one, but I'd like to see forceful rejuvenation cut down to something like a 5-10 minute reuse. I mean seriously, this AA doesn't affect twincast, so what could we possibly refresh that's so overpowering it can only be used once per hour? I think most of us use this for RS when we get a GoM proc off the previous RS. What else would we use it for? Hungry Flames? Um, no. Thaumatize Pet? Very doubtful we'd blow it just for that.
I'd use it for Thaum after death; pop it once, let it run, then immediately pop it again to try to get back into the raid (group applications wouldn't matter as much, but death while raiding sucks for mages).
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

A radiant cure type AA for our pets. So many of the underfoot AE's bypass our rune buffs entirely, making pets extremely vulnerable again. Some way to cure the non-counter AEs would be fantastic.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

We need a stickied list of the various suggestions with just a very brief description of the aa. There are many pages so far and so many suggestions it's getting hard to keep up. Also, the name of who suggested it next to it so we can flip through and find their post to learn more about the aa if necessary.

Example: I can't remember if someone suggested aa's to increase our fire pet's dmg like we can our melee pets with FBO. An FBO aa that maybe makes our fire pet twincast or have added fire proc dmg whatever. But I don't wanna read through 7 pages to figure it out lol
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I will start a new thread with the compiled list and keep it updated. Will do the same for spells and non-spell ideas.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Thanks Sven. I appreciate it. That makes things much easier to figure out.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Voragath wrote: Example: I can't remember if someone suggested aa's to increase our fire pet's dmg like we can our melee pets with FBO. An FBO aa that maybe makes our fire pet twincast or have added fire proc dmg whatever. But I don't wanna read through 7 pages to figure it out lol
Yep, I had suggested that on page 364. :)

Also I'd like another rank of pet affinity (or whichever is the one that adds more /pet commands, can't remember) that allows pets to be summoned with the same commands toggled on as your previous pet. Or to somehow set pet default stances. I just hate having a pet die in a raid, having to make a new pet, and then that new pet runs off after the mob that hit it with an AE before I remember to /pet hold again. Happened to me on Mindshear Avatar just last Sunday, and I don't think it earned me any brownie points with the raid leader. At least we still won. :)
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Mindrix wrote:Dev requested. Throw up ideas. Bonus points for ones that actually help us. :)
Merlaina wrote:I believe he's referring to this post:
http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=598&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40
About halfway down I think
While I did not read the entire post again, I seem to remember Mindrix casting some doubt as to whether there would be a next expansion for EQ.

Then the post asking for AA ideas and I was like bah, what is the point?

I hate to assume anything so enquiring minds would like to know if this is a sign that there will be a next come fall?

Sued...
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

qibrme wrote:
Mindrix wrote:Dev requested. Throw up ideas. Bonus points for ones that actually help us. :)
Merlaina wrote:I believe he's referring to this post:
http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=598&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40
About halfway down I think
While I did not read the entire post again, I seem to remember Mindrix casting some doubt as to whether there would be a next expansion for EQ.

Then the post asking for AA ideas and I was like bah, what is the point?

I hate to assume anything so enquiring minds would like to know if this is a sign that there will be a next come fall?

Sued...
They've already got the name picked out and patented (House of Thule). I'd say that's a pretty good indicator that EQ will roll on a bit longer anyway.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Not to mention, the Fan Faire announcement said you'd get a free copy of the upcoming 17th expansion. So, yeah, there is definitely another expansion, just not officially announced since it isn't time yet (usually done at FF).