Double pet names

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
zurfinator

Double pet names

Post by zurfinator »

A strange thing is happening very frequently - actually always. I am (still) 3-boxing my 3 mages, and the pet names of the two, who are never group leaders (lack of leadership points for them) is always the same. When summoning a new pet, they are all different... but when I log off and come back again, one gets the name of the other... Quite peculiar, isn't it? Once I even had 3 pets with the same name. It does not really matter, but it is weird. Has anyone seen the same, or am I just cursed? Hehe...

Z-team
Gadjett

Re: Double pet names

Post by Gadjett »

You are only cursed if you log on and all 3 say Goner....
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

Hmm... that would make for some interesting parsing. 3 mages each getting damage from 3 different pets combined with their own.
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Never figured out why they can't get rid of the pet names and just use something generic like "Falino's Pet". Or to differentiate them from swarm/servant pets, "Falino's Elemental". Then you could get rid of (Falino's Pet) underneath the pet name also.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Because I love my Laser!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

And who can't love a name like Konan? 8-)
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

I like being able to see my main pet seperately on a parse. All of our other pets (RS, swarm, flappy) are under "Zacatac's pet" and I'd hate to lump him into that group.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

On one raid a week or 2 ago. Myself and 2 other mages all had the same pet name on our water pets. I think it was Zaner, though I would have preferred to all have been Goner. Having a pet named Zoner just is a bad omen, when you need him most he does as his name says and zones :)

Calebe
Gamanern

Post by Gamanern »

Eanelder wrote:Hmm... that would make for some interesting parsing. 3 mages each getting damage from 3 different pets combined with their own.
Close, but one lucky mage would get all the DPS attributed to them, and the other two miss out :(