Use of Camp Fires on Raids

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Celi

Use of Camp Fires on Raids

Post by Celi »

It recently came to my attention that some guilds make use of these on raids.

http://everquest.wikispaces.com/Fellowships

How could I have been blind so long!

+20% spell damage
+12% spell haste
+1500 Mana
to name just a few....

I am looking at starting using these on raids also, but from the people I have enquired from they all seem to make use of the 1500 mana one.

Is there any reason for this? My first choice would be the +20% spell damage. Is their stacking issues with the spell damage or spell haste? What do other mages use?

My initial reaction to this was: So thats how the uber get the get the extra 1000dps I couldnt understand that was possible!
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Use of Camp Fires on Raids

Post by Sillaen »

I think my guild uses the HP one mostly on those rare occasions that we do.
Bonaiel

Post by Bonaiel »

Spell damage campfire

The only stacking issues would be with bard song and the fire core line.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

nm!
Last edited by Malleria on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

The damage one would work, but our casters use the mana pres. That'll get you the most out of the situation. The damage focus wouldn't stack with bards, potions, Fire Core or Flames of Power, but it will stack with worn focus, as its in a different slot in the spell calculations.

Mana pres is normally the way to go, though, as any caster in the fellowship gets a use out of it, you don't have to regen mana into it, or lose mana going out of it. And the 20% is taken off the base mana of the spell, not the spell after other checks. So it's a variable 0-20% off, but with RmS rk 2 at 3k mana, that's an average of 300 mana off per cast of the spell and to a max of 600 mana. Mana pres is really hot (and its worth a lot more than 1500 mana, unless your mana pool is under 10k, then it could be worth more, if you can regen into it).
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Mindrix wrote:The damage one would work, but our casters use the mana pres. That'll get you the most out of the situation. The damage focus wouldn't stack with bards, potions, Fire Core or Flames of Power, but it will stack with worn focus, as its in a different slot in the spell calculations.

Mana pres is normally the way to go, though, as any caster in the fellowship gets a use out of it, you don't have to regen mana into it, or lose mana going out of it. And the 20% is taken off the base mana of the spell, not the spell after other checks. So it's a variable 0-20% off, but with RmS rk 2 at 3k mana, that's an average of 300 mana off per cast of the spell and to a max of 600 mana. Mana pres is really hot (and its worth a lot more than 1500 mana, unless your mana pool is under 10k, then it could be worth more, if you can regen into it).
I am a little confused which campfire you are using, Mindrix. Looking through the list I see, 8% mana pres, or 20% beneficial mana pres. You seem to be saying you use 20% mana pres. I thought beneficial mana pres was only heals and buffs? Whereas, 8% mana pres could affect all casting? Am I not getting something here?
Haiden

Post by Haiden »

dorfillya wrote:
Mindrix wrote:The damage one would work, but our casters use the mana pres. That'll get you the most out of the situation. The damage focus wouldn't stack with bards, potions, Fire Core or Flames of Power, but it will stack with worn focus, as its in a different slot in the spell calculations.

I am a little confused which campfire you are using, Mindrix. Looking through the list I see, 8% mana pres, or 20% beneficial mana pres. You seem to be saying you use 20% mana pres. I thought beneficial mana pres was only heals and buffs? Whereas, 8% mana pres could affect all casting? Am I not getting something here?
You have to excuse him, Mendix types when I am drunk sometimes.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Yeah, looks like I was in a rush and grabbed the wrong pres number in my head. The 8% is still the way to go, especially if you have any Wizards around, as they'll eat through all of their mana in a very short period of time.