Just Starting AAs

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
andy3080

Just Starting AAs

Post by andy3080 »

Hey guys i have a 56 mage and gonna start doin AAs at 59. I have no clue what AAs i should do for a mage at any of the lvls. So if i could get some info on what AAs to do to make me the best mage i can be that would be great. Thanks all.
Wati
Magician

Re: Just Starting AAs

Post by Wati »

Hi,

It varies alot depending if you plan to solo/group/raid. And when soloing if you use Merc, and in that case what Merc. (I would ask what you plan to do since I'm asuming you are soloing at level 56/59?)

And up to level 65 I think the old guides (i dont have a link right now) works pretty well...

BR
Wati
andy3080

Post by andy3080 »

Ya ill pretty much be soloing for a while its just my style and then later on when i get around 75 80 ill start classics.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... OFm4Hctj-A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a pretty accurate list of available mage aa's.

I'd recommend run 3/4/5 then whatever suits your fance in the general aa's. One huge boost to pet power is pet affinity at 65. If you can leech mgb's in the guild lobby while afk for the night some of those buffs will really help your pet.

Just me but usually I go for (in this order):
Don't die or let your pet die (combat stability, combat agility, natural durability, companions durability, companions blessing, etc.)
Kill things faster (spell casting fury line, make our pet hit harder/faster).
Get nice utility aa's (suspend minion)

After looking things over on the mage list above I'd tell you to get run 5 then go straight to 66 for the air pet. At level 66 you'll get a lot more aa's open to purchase plus you'll have a monster of a pet. The hole would be great aaxp at 66 (my sk is 69 and gets 8-10 per lesson burn) and you can stay there for aaxp grinding until you puke.
andy3080

Post by andy3080 »

sounds good thanks for the help man.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

Quick Casting? (10% spell haste), Summon Companion, Companion of Necessity, run 5, perfected invis, gate, perfected lev some of the first few i would get.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

get quick cast, then the one that lets pet receive group buffs like bard songs, then run5, then your activated ones for burn-situations, just having the first ranks of these makes a HUGE difference, for solo, group, and raid. then ide probably get a few pet defense, then offense, (have to be able to take dmg long enough to dish it back) then maybe a few to help my nukes.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Spell casting mastery. Get rank 3 asap. I think the description on it might not accurately reflect what it does, but at rank 3 you get 10% mana preservation on your spells. Huge.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Merlaina wrote:Spell casting mastery. Get rank 3 asap. I think the description on it might not accurately reflect what it does, but at rank 3 you get 10% mana preservation on your spells. Huge.
Arguably the single most powerful AA in the game for all casters. A 10% mana reduction on everything that stacks with everything else. :mrgreen:
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

I wrote this a year or so ago, some of it you can't do until later levels, but it's just some basics.

Combat Agility 2
Combat Stability 2
Innate run speed 3
Natural durability 3
Destructive Fury 1
Fury of Magic 6
Gate 1
Gift of Exquisite Radiant Mana 1
Gift of Mana 3
Gift of Radiant Mana 1
Mnemonic Retention 2
Persistent Minion 1