The Parse!~

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Re: The Parse!~

Post by Eanelder »

I have a cycle last 2 targets key bound which really helps with things like Thaumatize and pet siphon. Casting either auto targets the pet, cycling returns me to the previous target.

If you have the hot bar space I suppose you could keep the spells on the hot bars and then bind the cycle target to the same keys.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Eanelder wrote: If you have the hot bar space I suppose you could keep the spells on the hot bars and then bind the cycle target to the same keys.
Hot bar space? What's that? I haven't had hot bar space in forever...
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I've been playing with your spell lineup used for that parse (RS, thaum, jolt, bolt, fickle)...and the problem I am having is that the benefit of fickle is eaten by RS nearly every time (well over 80%). I have max aa's, so my RS pet fires more often than someone without those aa's max'd. Any idea how to fix that? If there is none, I am thinking that is switching back and forth between the 81 and 76 bolts is going to come out a lot better. I plan on running both ways over the next two weeks (one week with fickle in slot 5, one week with the 76 bolt there) on our raids and see where that puts me in the parses.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

svenalo wrote:I've been playing with your spell lineup used for that parse (RS, thaum, jolt, bolt, fickle)...and the problem I am having is that the benefit of fickle is eaten by RS nearly every time (well over 80%). I have max aa's, so my RS pet fires more often than someone without those aa's max'd. Any idea how to fix that? If there is none, I am thinking that is switching back and forth between the 81 and 76 bolts is going to come out a lot better. I plan on running both ways over the next two weeks (one week with fickle in slot 5, one week with the 76 bolt there) on our raids and see where that puts me in the parses.
You could always manually cast Bolt next, as opposed to just spamming the multibind key. I've got an audio trigger set so when Go*M fires, i know to manually click on Bolt (or Jolt) as opposed to RS pet.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Redius wrote:
svenalo wrote:I've been playing with your spell lineup used for that parse (RS, thaum, jolt, bolt, fickle)...and the problem I am having is that the benefit of fickle is eaten by RS nearly every time (well over 80%). I have max aa's, so my RS pet fires more often than someone without those aa's max'd. Any idea how to fix that? If there is none, I am thinking that is switching back and forth between the 81 and 76 bolts is going to come out a lot better. I plan on running both ways over the next two weeks (one week with fickle in slot 5, one week with the 76 bolt there) on our raids and see where that puts me in the parses.
You could always manually cast Bolt next, as opposed to just spamming the multibind key. I've got an audio trigger set so when Go*M fires, i know to manually click on Bolt (or Jolt) as opposed to RS pet.
I should have been more clear. Short of manually doing it, which defeats the whole purpose of multibinding, is there a fix?

Also, has anyone run a long test parse comparing a weave with the 76 and 81 bolts in it (RS thaum jolt bolt bolt) to the one with fickle in it?
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

I don't post here much but I was recently doing kranigan missions and managed to pull this off so I figured i'd post it:

*note: I was duoing this mob with a chanter so I had chanter third spire + mana reiterate + twincast aura to assist my personal DPS - beyond that though I wasn't raid buffed nor was my pet or anything like that*

/GU Karl Kranigan in 72s, 796k @11053dps --- Falore + pets 708k @17259dps (88.92%) --- Zarobtik 88k @1242dps (11.08%)
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

svenalo wrote: I should have been more clear. Short of manually doing it, which defeats the whole purpose of multibinding, is there a fix?
Well, I've always wondered why the weave was in that order. It's illogical to me to waste all those FoP procs on a RS so my weave goes RS, jolt, fickle, bolt. None of my FoP procs are wasted and I parse 1 or 2 in my guild every time, even ahead of other mages using the other weave.
Msha
Magician

Post by Msha »

The same here, my multibind is AA nuke, RS, Jolt, Fickle, Bolt and I manually use Thaumatize due to the target issue.

I have done some long parses of where I have used Bolt/Bolt and Fickle/Bolt.

Basically it comes down to what spellhaste you are having and if you have rank 2 or 3 in your nukes, plus if you have the slot 3 augment for your nukes.

I have found that back when I didn't have tower level detrimental spellhaste, and I had both my rk. 3 bolts with the slot 3 augs, I was slightly (less than 100 dps) ahead of the fickle/bolt combo, again that was very fluctuating due to the fickle proc or not.

Nowadays I have my tower 4.5 leggings, and rk 3 bolt + rk 2 fickle and that combo is doing more dps than bolt/bolt. I can only imagine that going up even higher when I finally get my rk 3 fickle.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

I also have a hotkey on my multibind key with /alt activate numbers of:

8800 Force of Elements
621 Fire Core
1370 First Spire
60 FBO
174 Servant of ro

So that way it casts those AA(in between spell casts, during global cooldown) just as soon as they are available. I move the hotkey (for me, key 1 on bar 3) during trash clears, so their timers remain good, then move back to its location before taking on the raid mob. I am generally 2nd-3rd on parse, no lower than 5th, in Test Server Friends, a raiding alliance that has had tower on farm for about 2 months now.

I also use jolt in group, as 3rd nuke in lineup, with using boomerang weap, chaining RS pets, Host, and (now avail, if u dont have it) cloth cap, often at least 1-2 other pets from others, i think it's well worth it even in group environment.

Nylrem of Test
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

nylrem wrote:I also have a hotkey on my multibind key with /alt activate numbers of:

8800 Force of Elements
621 Fire Core
1370 First Spire
60 FBO
174 Servant of ro
I've set up a hotbutton as well, but it differs slightly (and i'm at work, so i don't have the alt activate #''s),

Acute focus of arcanum
Fire core
First spire
Silent casting
(and I usually hit twincast immediately after these. General startup is RS, forceful rejuv, RS, thaum, hit hotbutton, cast twincast, go to town)

I left off FBO because I usually have a suspended pet with FBO already running, so I wanted manual control over that function. As far as firing off pets without manual command, I get a bit leery about it, simply because there have been times where if a pet is coming out, it'll stop RS from functioning properly. Now, that's usually with Host and the turd hurd, but I don't like to take chances.

**i just read that it's part of your multibind key. Interesting. Mine is manual operation only; can't take a chance on it not being up for raid bosses.