The Parse!~

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
nako
Conjurer

Re: The Parse!~

Post by nako »

My favorite parse so far: no tricks/glyphs/7th used (saved them for brekt), didn't even have a double fbo stored, just insanely lucky with goms.. had a chanter, no bard:

I'm generally pretty happy with 10k on a quick burn, but getting close to that on 7 minute (the 530sec is when bklus went active, burn started a min or two later) fight is kinda insane considering the circumstances, prolly never see that kind of luck again.

Don't parse myself and the person on parse duty that night doesn't make them public.
1---Mag Mag Nec Rog Rog Mag Rog Bst Rng Rng---10
We're pretty casual and just beat tower a month ago, in case you're wondering why the melee's are far down.

-nako/saryrn
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

RE: Warrens Raid (Tyro, Tyra, Tyranont, etc.)

I use AtAb slot one, AtAn slot two, and Jolt in slot 3. I have rk. 2 of AtAb and Rk. 3 of everything else. I send pet in first, FBO him, hit turn summoned (gives them time to pull the mob out), pop RS, Ro, Host, Focus of Arc, TC (during global recast I pop spire and fire core) and then start with AtAn, Jolt, AtAb repeat. I hit RS as it refreshes, FoE as available during cooldowns, and ice clicky on cooldowns. I am evo spec'd.

The main difference between mine and Mer is the time. Just shy of 3 minutes. We do about 5 waves (I don't count them) and then go in. We have one chanter lock the spawns at the end. The burn was so high I had plenty of mana left over and we have so many rangers with pets and stuff...it's nuts. I was 5th on that parse to give you an idea. I think the rogue hit 14k? (I hear piercers do extra dmg)

I also do not use multibind but rather timers from gamtext triggers because I've gotten good at spamming keys and keeping my spellbar greyed out. My group had an enchanter, a wizard that uses his epic (a HUGE plus), and that's it. I used ONE water pet. This fight is different though and later on today, if I have time, I'll find out how to post the whole parse as HTML or something. I may need help with that. That way, you can see exactly what was done and when. I was accidentally using FIckle and maybe bolt on the first 3 casts >< Finally, I think it is worth noting, I did not use our new mana regen nor the new +dmg pots or spell mana reduction pots.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Voragath wrote:RE: Warrens Raid (Tyro, Tyra, Tyranont, etc.)
Finally, I think it is worth noting, I did not use our new mana regen nor the new +dmg pots or spell mana reduction pots.
By our new mana regen I assume you mean Thaumatize? I can see where that would definitely eat into DPS (slow cast and low damage). We might be doing this one again tonight, so I'll try applying the suggestions I've seen here (plus do my own parse) and we'll see results. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Merlaina wrote:
Voragath wrote:RE: Warrens Raid (Tyro, Tyra, Tyranont, etc.)
Finally, I think it is worth noting, I did not use our new mana regen nor the new +dmg pots or spell mana reduction pots.
By our new mana regen I assume you mean Thaumatize? I can see where that would definitely eat into DPS (slow cast and low damage). We might be doing this one again tonight, so I'll try applying the suggestions I've seen here (plus do my own parse) and we'll see results. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Unless the fight is very short duration, it doesn't eat into it much as you can only cast Thaumatize every couple minutes. And if it's longer duration, you can get a few extra nukes out by using it as often as possible. The tipping point is whether the fight is long enough to run you out of mana or not - if not, don't cast it, otherwise cast it whenever you can.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Yeah, Sven got my point on that one. I use the new Thauma almost always except for the balls to wall burns. It basically eats up a spell in the rotation [for me, in raids].
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Ok, I made the HTML file from the output HTML file..now how do I get it here for you all to see? I was told once that an external site was needed that you could upload it too and then link to forums. Any suggestions for those or a better way to do it?
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Had a good one tonight; wanted to brag a bit =)

Fippy Darkpaw the Immortal in 69s, 14439k @209262dps --- Redius + pets 796k @12838dps

Sad thing is that was only good enough for 4th (tho the monk and wizard who were one and two used glyphs or 7th whereas I didn't use either one). 3rd place was another wizzy, then me.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Voragath wrote:Ok, I made the HTML file from the output HTML file..now how do I get it here for you all to see? I was told once that an external site was needed that you could upload it too and then link to forums. Any suggestions for those or a better way to do it?
You can just use the plain text option. Or highlight the ones you want and hit the "send highlighted to EQ" (which really just sends it to clipboard) and the paste it here.

Like so-
Rottrued the Twisted in 221s, 14245k @64458dps --- Zacatac + pets 1624k @7658dps
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Crystalline Tyranont on 5/16/2010

Code: Select all

Damage by       Total    % of Tot  Time  DPS     Scaled  Hits   Max hit  Avg hit
 Svenalo + pets  2409703    8.45%    214  11260   10615   2611   25268    922  
This was our warm up run that night...the burn was with popping swarm, drake, FBO, fire core, max aa, bard and chanter in group, using the RS-jolt-fickle-bolt multibinded weave. I also popped a fire XIV potion.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Thanks, Zac but I was thinking the whole thing though so you can flip through. If you make an HTML file, then find it on your computer, it takes you to a black screen with blue boxes in the upper left that lets you look at various data such as spells cast, pet hits, pet misses, spell fizzles, etc. Someone on my old guilds website uploaded it to some site that would host a page like that for free and allow you to make a link to that page. I'll have to ask gama on his site unless I'm misunderstanding ya, Zac.