The Parse!~

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Failcon
Conjurer

Re: The Parse!~

Post by Failcon »

Ok my guild is a lil bard light, we mages would like to have one to complete our raid group. Can we honestly state that that our bonus from the bard is worth the shift from a melee group? Seems to be some conflict between you guys.

If not worth having the bard, what other class would be good? a necro for the mana proc buff?

May the elements guide and protect you.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

If you can't get a bard, a chanter/druid combo is nice for the auras you get. That's usually what our groups have on those days we can't get a bard.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

So other than bard, chanter/druid is just about as good as it gets. I have 3 mages, a chanter and druid, what should we fill last slot with if no bard?

May the elements guide and protect you.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Doesn't really matter. A second chanter gives you two spires - be it 2nd/3rd or 2x 3rd. Wizard and mage don't really add anything. Necro can do reluctant benevolence if you don't mind sacrificing chanter aura (something I hate, cause my druids usually kick ass and don't need the help).
JerusEQ
Magician

Post by JerusEQ »

Malleria wrote:I pretty consistently gain ~5k dps having a bard on burns. Be sure to yell at them if they're not playing the right songs, it makes a world of difference and you'd be surprised how many bards try to slip in a couple melee songs for themselves.
Sounds about right. And yeah, IMO this should be lineup. Aura:Composer, Melody: Aria of the composer(3-700dps), Sotor's Aria (200ish dps),Noira's Song of Suffering(500dps), Harmony of Sound(too hard to calculate)

Twist in Crescendo for mana when you can, if you hit A tune add the mana songs or another DOT/debuff for resists if ya'll are complaining.

Still though even though bards add a lot to mages it doesn't raise their dps enough to make it worth over melee who are killing it on parses. So basically unfortunately due to total power of mages I feel like even though we do higher % that total number is probably a little lower =( once you factor in the dps gained for bard in a melee dps group that is.
Ellements

Post by Ellements »

/GU Kilrek the Cleaner in 107s, 4245k @39675dps --- Malleria + pets 4245k @39675dps (100%)

Could def be higher in a 60 sec time frame instead of 107, 7th wore off at 60 seconds. So 45k is not out of the question by any means.
This is a quote from a post in EQ boards. I'm just wondering how you sustained this Malleria, because I can't get close to 39k. Closest I've gotten was upper 20'sk (with no bard, only ench). I don't use glyphs though...I only log on to raid, so don't get much regular exp. Do you keep your own parses anywhere, that would show what spell and spell order you used? And what kind of support you had for this? Just wondering what I can do to adjust to get closer to this.

Thanks!

Elle
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

Was actually curious what others were getting nowadays... Not seen much to compare myself to.

/gsay Captain Rysen in 56s, 17217k @307448dps -- Nylrem + pets 3292k @60958dps (19.12%)

has been my best, recently. That's with tier 2 focuses and gear, no bard, but did have chanter in group.

Guessing with top gear and a bard could maybe hit 70-75k on a 1 min burn?
Eladrel

Post by Eladrel »

Nylrem01 wrote:Was actually curious what others were getting nowadays... Not seen much to compare myself to.

/gsay Captain Rysen in 56s, 17217k @307448dps -- Nylrem + pets 3292k @60958dps (19.12%)

has been my best, recently. That's with tier 2 focuses and gear, no bard, but did have chanter in group.

Guessing with top gear and a bard could maybe hit 70-75k on a 1 min burn?

Was that multi-binding 95 RS, 92 Strike, 95 Spear, 90 Spear with glyph and fire core on?

I don't even come close to 60k so I'd like to improve

:)