The Parse!~

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Trazadone

Re: The Parse!~

Post by Trazadone »

Anybody know the alt activation code for force of elements nuke aa by any chance?
https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1776429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

8800 is force of elements according to the post up a bit in the thread.
Trazadone

Post by Trazadone »

svenalo wrote:8800 is force of elements according to the post up a bit in the thread.
brainfart. i had read those posts like 10 sec b4 i posted too lol
https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1776429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Warrens raid tonight. I only parse myself because of lag from all the spam.

Crystalline Tyranont on 5/11/2010 in 158sec

Total
--- DMG: 1769814 (100%) @ 11201 dps (11201 sdps)

Voragath + pets

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
Produced by GamParse v1.0.2
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Voragath wrote:Warrens raid tonight. I only parse myself because of lag from all the spam.

Crystalline Tyranont on 5/11/2010 in 158sec

Total

Voragath + pets

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
Produced by GamParse v1.0.2
Ok, I must be doing something wrong. We did this event last week and I don't think I even broke 5K DPS (though I don't do my own parses, so maybe something is being missed by those doing the parsing). I know I have nowhere near the AAs of many other mages, but I don't see how even going from 1150 AA to 4500 AA would more than double my damage output.

Just to elaborate on my requisite damage info: I have 13/15 in the crit chance line, admittedly only 3 ranks in crit damage, maxed first spire, maxed extended frenzied burnout, a respectable amount of pet flurry/crit AAs (somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 of all of them), 3 ranks in fire core, and max RS AAs (extended swarm, hastened rumbling servant, etc). I have 80% fire focus, RS duration focus from T3 SoD raid robe, and EM 6.

On this event I was weaving jolt (rk 1), fickle (rk 2 + faycite shard), and bolt (rk 2 + faycite shard), with RS (rk 2) manually thrown in to keep my mana on par with the mobs health (roughly 30K raid buffed mana pool). I had a rank 3 clicky ice shard summoned which I clicked only on twincast (can click twice per twincast) and no lava orbs. I was using water and once FBO wore off I pulled out another pocketed buffed water pet (also with FBO on it) and sent it in. I was using a multibind setup as well. I think I had an enchanter but no bard (I'm certain on the no bard, but don't recall 100% on the enchanter).

So what could I possibly be doing wrong here, or am I really still so deficient in AAs to make that large of a difference? Would weaving in AtA on this fight make a difference (aside from getting lucky with 32K procs)? I usually use AtA on the trash clearing, but since I only have 55% magic focus figured it'd be better to go with fire for the main burn. Also, when the adds pop in the middle of this encounter, do you guys all switch to the adds, or do some stay on the main guy?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Well, it could be a lot of things, but since you don't parse yourself, you can't be sure what it is.

Since you used 2 different pets, were both or either pet included in the parse they had for you? Did you tap both of them so they attribute to you? I know sometimes the melee parser from my guild totally miss pets, especially if you don't tap them during fights. My pet sometimes makes the parse list by himself. He's usually the difference between me listed as # 10 or # 1.

Also, AA's do make a big difference though probably not double the difference. Also, you are using rank 1 and 2 spells. That's part of the difference right there. Also, if you have to weave cautiously to keep your mana in line with mobs health, your guild is probably low dps and that hurts your dps. An 11.5K dps parse is not a parse where you can break your weave by checking mobs health. That's an all out blast from start to finish. Every second you spend not dps'ing, your overall dps tanks. I've never parsed 11.5K myself, but I can drop between 8 - 9K going all out.

For the Tyro fight, I can't comment as we haven't beaten that fight yet. We have a small chanter base, so crowd control can be a problem sometimes.

Suggestion:
Finish out your dps AA's for yourself and pet. Try and get your rank 3 spells. Try a fight where your mana can sustain through the entire fight never skipping a beat in your weave. Rott is probably a good target for that if your guild has any kind of dps. That should bump you into the 7-8K range easily.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Merlaina wrote: So what could I possibly be doing wrong here, or am I really still so deficient in AAs to make that large of a difference? Would weaving in AtA on this fight make a difference (aside from getting lucky with 32K procs)? I usually use AtA on the trash clearing, but since I only have 55% magic focus figured it'd be better to go with fire for the main burn. Also, when the adds pop in the middle of this encounter, do you guys all switch to the adds, or do some stay on the main guy?
I truncated for ease of posting. To answer the question, yes, you should be using AtA. It makes a big difference on Tyranot. My lineup looks like RS, AtA, jolt, bolt. Now, as far as the add questions; to get the 11k numbers, I doubt he's switching to adds, and whether or not you have to switch to adds depends a lot on your guild DPS and how many good enchanters you have. If you have both good chanters, and raid DPS that's 120k or above (maybe 150k), you should be able to straight burn Tyranot down without having to switch over to adds. If you have to switch to adds, you'll not see those kind of eye popping numbers.

**aa's make a difference as well. Next time you parse yourself, check to see what percentage of hits are normal, and what are critical hits during a burn. That'll tell you how much of a difference it makes. With all aa's running and either a bard or a chanter in group, i usually end up around 60-70% crit numbers for a 4-5 minute and under fight. In order to get those big parse numbers, you really need to have the crit multiplier numbers working with you; your inherent aa's, ranger spice, feral eye, chanter aura, etc.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Sillaen wrote:
For the Tyro fight, I can't comment as we haven't beaten that fight yet. We have a small chanter base, so crowd control can be a problem sometimes.
Just as a suggestion on that one, rangers and druids using Vinelash Cascade works quite well for the initial waves. We usually engage Tyro after the 7th wave. If you're not aware take out the sphere mobs first. Once those are gone the others all drop to 0% health, and a stiff breeze will kill them (you can beam a bunch of them, or use force of elements on individual ones). We use the same strategy for the adds while we're engaging Tyro, though I don't think we vinelash anything at that point. I don't really pay close attention (I just assist and burn down the orbs) but I'd guess for those we do have chanters/bards handle them, or someone AE taunts. Not really sure.

If you DPS quickly you can get by with only 1 wave of adds after engaging (but we've only pulled that off once).

Back to my DPS issues, no, I don't usually tap my pet mid-fight, so that may well be part of the issue. Only having rank 1 of jolt an no faycite shard for it is hurting me I know. I think I'll just have to parse myself next time we do this and see if it comes out very differently from what others are parsing me out at.
Last edited by Merlaina on Wed May 12, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Merlaina wrote: Back to my DPS issues, no, I don't usually tap my pet mid-fight, so that may well be part of the issue. Only having rank 1 of jolt an no faycite shard for it is hurting me I know. I think I'll just have to parse myself next time we do this and see if it comes out very differently from what others are parsing me out at.
Also keep in mind you can do a /pet who leader command to link your pet to you in the parse also. During burns when I don't want to waste time tapping, I'll type it ready on my chat bar, and while casting a nuke i'll target my pet with the mouse, hit enter, then retarget the mob before the nuke finishes casting.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

So what could I possibly be doing wrong here, or am I really still so deficient in AAs to make that large of a difference?
Other than switching to AtA's as previously mentioned, you're not doing anything wrong. That's a 158sec parse, with raid dps probably close to 200k, and very unlikely that anyone is switching to adds; as there is probably just one set spawning near the end of the encounter. You're probably parsing showdown at 2-4 minutes longer, if not more, and you're dps is dropping off accordingly.
with RS (rk 2) manually thrown in to keep my mana on par with the mobs health (roughly 30K raid buffed mana pool)
*this -- on a shorter parse (more raid dps) or larger manapool, you could hit RS every time it popped, and along with not having adds to deal with, would be pushing 7-8k dps easy, which is not that far behind.

-nako/saryrn