AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Mindrix
Conjurer

AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Post by Mindrix »

Dev requested. Throw up ideas. Bonus points for ones that actually help us. :)
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Re: AAs for Next Expansion ideas thread

Post by jack96jill »

heals for swarm pets!!! o.O /sarcasm off hehe

a form of redirect/reengage for swarm pets - could be implemented several different ways - give us an aa that 'reflects' off the mob reestablishing swarm agro against the mob...or a triggered aa that just re implements the first part of the swarm pet code in that the mob you targeted when they are launched is their target, an aa to recycle through that part of the code or something. I just dont see how hard this could possibly be, only been asking for it for couple years now...

pet illusion take code from monster summoning spells, tack it on to a triggered aa to allow us to cast a random zone model illusion on the pet. this is naturally just a fluff/fun aa unless they want to tack on some kinda benefit/attribute like increased attack

pet snare proc/spell random chance for pet to cast snare for those stinkin low health mock 5 runners, could be triggered duration buff with proc or maybe a persistent chance to be cast which would allow us to make use of the pet no cast toggle again. if they wanted to make a trade off on some dps for the utility of pet casting snare could play with 'cast times' on the snare. /shrug

other than this i cant think of anything right now, but its a start from my point of view anyway
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

What the heck is wrong with making our elemental forms actually useful? Add some more levels so it can actually mean something now. I know its been mentioned every time this comes up, but instead of trying to add 10 brand new AAs of questionable value, why not improve some of the old things that are nearly worthless now but were great when they first same out. We beg and beg for mana regen, I don't understand why Water-form can't have some significant mana regen boost, instead of thinking of some new spell, or siphon, or AA to do the same thing.
Danille

Post by Danille »

We could use additional ranks in Sturdy Companion, Fortify Campanion, Elemental Durability, Elemental Agility, Companion's Agility, and Companion's Durability.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

what dorf said, I'd like another crack at giving us some mana regen...Thaumatize was weak
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Glaven wrote:Thaumatize was weak
And yet it was the most useful spell we got in UF. ;)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

AA:
1. Swap Pet - take the pet that's out and switch it with the suspended pet
2. Reverse COH - send mage to the target
3. COH v2 - works in all those "no heroes here" zones
4. New ranks of all the standard stuff
5. Elemental Slime - makes an area where things go sliding (like the velk's ice ramps) - would be for fun
6. Elemental Punch - orders the pet to smack the mob hard, knocking it back several feet. Would allow us to help reposition things, also help interupt spells.
7. <type> Elemental Transcendence - gives us a permanent elemental illusion of the type, and granting the bonuses for that type (i.e. hp boost for earth, mana regen boost for water, etc). The water form's mana regen boost should be such to give us a realistic boost in mana regen. If not an aa, it could be done as the result of a specialization quest in which case you would select which one you wanted to be, and have to re-quest to change.
8. Elemental Alignment - If we have a fire pet up, and we use a fire spell, we draw on the power of the fire elemental to give the nukes a sizable boost. Or this could be the bonus effect of Fire Elemental Transcendence.
9. Elemental Surge - doubles the output the next 3 nukes (both dmg - including crits, etc - and hate). Not a twincast... So if the spell went off and would have done 9000, if this was active it would do 18000. A fizzle would eat one of the nukes.
10. Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire - would surround an area with a wall of flames, damaging anything that came through to the raid, or continually damage anything standing in the wall.

Spell:
1. Elemental Cataclysm - ice/fire/magic nuke on the pet's target, similar to chromatic but going only after the 3 resists listed - dmg somewhat less than bolt, replacing shock line.
2. Summon Elemental Overlord - single new pet for the expansion - would be in concept like the old epic pet, but at the new pet level/power...basically a beefy air pet that can backstab. Could have it come already wielding nasty daggers (upgrades of the current ones in the weapon bag), etc.
3. Teleport To Elemental Plane - give us teleport spells to places with elementals.
4. Capture Elemental - allow us to capture an elemental and make it our pet, as opposed to summoning one.

Non AA/Spell:
1. Let us set a default for what a newly cast pet comes out with as far as focus, ghole, etc are set. Sort of annoying to have to set the same thing all the time.
2. Give pet weapon bag to pet, and order pet which weapons to equip from that bag, should allow to swap weapons as well - if is wielding daggers and you tell it torch, it should switch. I.E. /pet wield torch
3. Inspect Pet, preferably with stats - this would finally end the debate of just what the hell the pet is wearing, and if the stats were there then we would know its hp, mana, etc, etc, etc.
4. Pet Naming - let us set what name we want for our pet
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Prolific Minion - Buff on our pet that procs more little pets that immediately attack the pet's target. I know there were some problems with implementation in beta, but with more time now to work them out, I would really like to see this one go live. More dps is good dps and mages have a ton of AA that would improve the performance of the temporary pets summoned by this AA.
Last edited by sharrien on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Annihilation mastery: increases the chance to completely annihilate an elemental or construct with the ATA line of spells and turn summoned (increase the chance of the 32K proc). Give it 3 ranks to take the chance up to 5% for ATA and higher with turn summoned.

Theft of Essence mastery: increase the chance of theft of essence procs. 3 ranks at 5% per rank

Elemental deconstruction: decrease pet health by 50%, and do that amount in damage to the pet's target.

Accelerate companion: velocity buff that works indoors.

Elemental transfusion: balances the mage's health with their pet.

Synergy of flame: When activated any fire based nukes the mage fires at their own fire pet will be channeled by the fire pet to the pet's target with increased damage. This will reduce aggro for the mage, but increase the chance of the fire pet getting aggro, all while increasing overall DPS with fire based spells.
Arcane burnout: greatly increases you pet's chance to crit with spells (activated, same timer/duration as frenzied burnout). Or wrap this into another rank of frenzied burnout.

Comments on previous suggestion:

1. Swap Pet - take the pet that's out and switch it with the suspended pet - Yes please
2. Reverse COH - send mage to the target - Maybe? Seems like this might be exploitable somehow, but it's not like we can't already be monk dragged and then rezzed.
3. COH v2 - works in all those "no heroes here" zones - Nah, they have them flagged that way for a reason.
4. New ranks of all the standard stuff - Yes, but maybe a list of what "standard stuff" we want more than others should be included. Swarm duration/hastened recast at the top of the list for me.
5. Elemental Slime - makes an area where things go sliding (like the velk's ice ramps) - would be for fun - This would make us the most hated class ever. No.
6. Elemental Punch - orders the pet to smack the mob hard, knocking it back several feet. Would allow us to help reposition things, also help interupt spells. - This I like, though if pet has aggro we can sort of reposition with companion's relocation.
7. <type> Elemental Transcendence - gives us a permanent elemental illusion of the type, and granting the bonuses for that type (i.e. hp boost for earth, mana regen boost for water, etc). The water form's mana regen boost should be such to give us a realistic boost in mana regen. If not an aa, it could be done as the result of a specialization quest in which case you would select which one you wanted to be, and have to re-quest to change. - Ehhh, maybe. I know some are really pushing for the elementals forms to be useful again, but I'm honestly pretty indifferent. Personally I hate being under elemental illusion.
8. Elemental Alignment - If we have a fire pet up, and we use a fire spell, we draw on the power of the fire elemental to give the nukes a sizable boost. Or this could be the bonus effect of Fire Elemental Transcendence. - Sort of what I suggested for elemental synergy. Regardless I'd like to see us having a fire pet boost of some kind, either for us or for the fire pet.
9. Elemental Surge - doubles the output the next 3 nukes (both dmg - including crits, etc - and hate). Not a twincast... So if the spell went off and would have done 9000, if this was active it would do 18000. A fizzle would eat one of the nukes. - Seems overpowered if used in conjunction with twincast and all of our other damage increasing AAs (first spire, fire core, etc). However I certainly wouldn't object if the devs thought otherwise.
10. Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire - would surround an area with a wall of flames, damaging anything that came through to the raid, or continually damage anything standing in the wall. - Sounds like a damage aura, which I'm ok with but not really crazy about. I don't know how aggro on aura damage works, but seems like asking for aggro from every add on a raid.

1. Elemental Cataclysm - ice/fire/magic nuke on the pet's target, similar to chromatic but going only after the 3 resists listed - dmg somewhat less than bolt, replacing shock line. - Not a bad idea, but not sure how hard it would be to add that specific resist type. If you're wanting to replace shock, I'm guessing this should still be conjuration based, right?

2. Summon Elemental Overlord - single new pet for the expansion - would be in concept like the old epic pet, but at the new pet level/power...basically a beefy air pet that can backstab. Could have it come already wielding nasty daggers (upgrades of the current ones in the weapon bag), etc. - I'd still want our normal pets. This seems overpowered unless there is an epic-ish quest to get it and this is the reward.

3. Teleport To Elemental Plane - give us teleport spells to places with elementals. - I think this would be worthless to high end mages if it was to the actual planes.

4. Capture Elemental - allow us to capture an elemental and make it our pet, as opposed to summoning one. - I wouldn't mind our charm back, but it was usually asking for trouble when we used it, and moreso now since anything we could charm would kill us in 2 rounds. Unless they added in our mez again this would be worthless. At least now we would be able to mez, summon up a normal pet, and then fade to drop aggro of the charmed pet.

1. Let us set a default for what a newly cast pet comes out with as far as focus, ghole, etc are set. Sort of annoying to have to set the same thing all the time. - dear lord yes yes yes. Any new pet should be summoned with the same things toggled as the previous pet when it died/was dismissed/was held.
2. Give pet weapon bag to pet, and order pet which weapons to equip from that bag, should allow to swap weapons as well - if is wielding daggers and you tell it torch, it should switch. I.E. /pet wield torch - I'd be ok with just making pet weapons either targetable like mod rods, or the single items again so I could stack them on my cursor. I hate having to have a bag slot open to give my pet weapons.
3. Inspect Pet, preferably with stats - this would finally end the debate of just what the hell the pet is wearing, and if the stats were there then we would know its hp, mana, etc, etc, etc. - Just add gear equipped to the /pet report health command with links so we can inspect the items.
4. Pet Naming - let us set what name we want for our pet - Wouldn't mind it, but not high on my wish list.

Additional: Can we get voice graft fixed? I dropped a decent chunk of change for my envenomed sleeves back in the day. Would be nice if I could use them again.

a form of redirect/reengage for swarm pets - could be implemented several different ways - give us an aa that 'reflects' off the mob reestablishing swarm agro against the mob...or a triggered aa that just re implements the first part of the swarm pet code in that the mob you targeted when they are launched is their target, an aa to recycle through that part of the code or something. I just dont see how hard this could possibly be, only been asking for it for couple years now... - Not high on my list, but would be useful. Would also like a way to call off swarm pets.

pet illusion take code from monster summoning spells, tack it on to a triggered aa to allow us to cast a random zone model illusion on the pet. this is naturally just a fluff/fun aa unless they want to tack on some kinda benefit/attribute like increased attack - I'm down with this. Would be fun, and nice to replace monster summoning with this.

pet snare proc/spell random chance for pet to cast snare for those stinkin low health mock 5 runners, could be triggered duration buff with proc or maybe a persistent chance to be cast which would allow us to make use of the pet no cast toggle again. if they wanted to make a trade off on some dps for the utility of pet casting snare could play with 'cast times' on the snare. /shrug - As long as it could only proc on running mobs I don't see this as being overpowered and think it would be nice.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

Im just gonna throw this idea out there since I got a bunch of people crawling up my ass because of the pet fade idea.

We need some way to filter out what the community thinks is crap. So when posting either post specific details and intended out comes and if we see something we think is stupid we need a way to discuss it before it has a chance to reach a dev.

Also READ THE WHOLE smurf THREAD! Dont let smurf slip by or STFU afterwards.