CL

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Redius
Conjurer

CL

Post by Redius »

I just heard a rumor that Mendix isn't doing the CL role anymore. Couple things, 1. is there any truth to that; and 2., if that is indeed the case, who's going to be our CL now?
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: CL

Post by Malleria »

We still have Tulisin... heh...

We're doomed :(
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Forget about Tulisin. His thinking and commentary have no trajectory, but veer all over the place.

The thing to do about Class Issues, since there are so many of us here already in beta yearly, as a rule, is to get a quasi consensus here before beta and present as unified a vision as we can at that time.

If there is someone here who has established a relationship with particular devs over the years, and/or recently, he can continue to ping these devs periodically, and/or even bring up the idea of CL (although the CL idea, per se, is officially defunct, practically speaking it makes sense to have a Mage CC who is active and mature to speak up in the IRC chats).

This board is now mostly a distilled version of the older version, with active, assured, and competent members. We'll likely come to agreement here in some fashion or another, but it would be nice if some alpha-type were to lead discussions and act as de facto point-Mage, even if not in official CC capacity.

Our slam-dunk Wire has been conspicuously absent. Hopefully someone else will step up to the plate. If not, with so many of us in beta as a rule, we can still be heard.

The key is to be brief, mature, reasonable, and cohesive when we get there.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Wire hasn't been on since December according to his profile on eqplayers. He hasn't been to the boards here since March 1st. I'm not sure if he picked up on an alt, got turned off to the game, or what but he's out.

I agree with Bara. The CL program is about to change according to Zat (whatever :roll: ) and we've all seen how well CL's have been handling things lately and how many actually play. We had more responses to non-CL's by the devs than actual CL's in the beta for UF. It would be nice to have someone in the CL program who can keep info flowing to us and can speak for mages rather than just passing our ideas along but it isn't too necessary. Even the bards have rappapart who is NOT a CL in discussion with the devs and doing probably more for that class than the bard CL's so it's possible we can just pick our own "point-man" to speak for us.

To get things done like rappa, we have to be unified behind this person like the bards unify behind rappa. Bara gave a good description for this person even though rappa sometimes doesn't fit that description so it's a good starting point.

Edit: Mendix's name is not in CL colors nor does his forum title say eq community leader on the eqlive forums so he is no longer a CL.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

My status is currently indeterminate. As to the CL stuff, it's not like the Devs have been listening to me much for the last, oh, 6+ months. Especially after my now legendary broadside on these forums. Our main problems, currently, is that our UF spells are worthless and they're screwing things up. But as there is no official spell Dev, getting anything but emergency spell changes right now, seems to be about like winning the lottery.

Zat will finally do "something" with the CL program... but I wouldn't expect it until after the next Beta. :roll:
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Mindrix wrote:My status is currently indeterminate. As to the CL stuff, it's not like the Devs have been listening to me much for the last, oh, 6+ months. Especially after my now legendary broadside on these forums. Our main problems, currently, is that our UF spells are worthless and they're screwing things up. But as there is no official spell Dev, getting anything but emergency spell changes right now, seems to be about like winning the lottery.

Zat will finally do "something" with the CL program... but I wouldn't expect it until after the next Beta. :roll:
I may have missed something, be slow, dense, or whatever but I don't recall what it is you are talking about: what "legendary broadside?" And wasn't Aristo moved to being the spell dev?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I believe he's referring to this post:
http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=598&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

About halfway down I think
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Oh, thanks Merlaina. I thought that's what he was referring to but I was thinking more like someone made a huge post busting him out or something, not a post by him. Well, that makes sense then.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Voragath wrote:Oh, thanks Merlaina. I thought that's what he was referring to but I was thinking more like someone made a huge post busting him out or something, not a post by him. Well, that makes sense then.
Lol, Aristo wanted to have me banned over that post. But can only get that done if I'd violated the NDA. Which, he then proceeded to show how I hadn't, lol. That was funny. But it's still correct. Beta was one big smurf up and we're all paying for it.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

So I'm probably totally out of the loop, but is Koz retired from EQ now or just bowed out of any role in class leadership?