Equipping pets

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
somenng

Equipping pets

Post by somenng »

I have several questions and couldn't find anythign specific when I tried searching so here it goes.

First, I know that our summoned pets come equiped with phantom plates now, do we still need to summon plate of the elements to get the belt for them too or is that part of the preequiped armor the have when u summon the pet?

Secondly, do pets get any benifet from summoned focus items other then more hp's? Are they worth bothering summoning for pets?

Thirdly, I've read that pets will never lose dps if you add weapons to them but i'm unclear if that is just in regards to our pets. A beast told me not to give his pet weapons b4 as he'd lose dps, is this true or was he misinformed?
Daiou
Conjurer

Re: Equipping pets

Post by Daiou »

Question 1: http://eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Question 2: the focus on the items is lost on the pets, only the stats add up.

Question 3: only reason he'd lose DPS is if his pet proc and our weapon procs interfer with each other. But that is the first i have heard of this, most Bst i know always ask me for weapons.
somenng

Post by somenng »

thx
Tandirye

Post by Tandirye »

Is there an in-game command to let us know what the pets are currently geared with? Say you forgot if you gave pet an Elegant Defiant item.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Tandirye wrote:Is there an in-game command to let us know what the pets are currently geared with? Say you forgot if you gave pet an Elegant Defiant item.
No. But we have asked for a pet inspect command so we can get a list, or they could just let us examine a pet like you can a player to see the gear it has...no word on if they will do it though.
Stephen51

Post by Stephen51 »

Do pets get a range and/or shoulder slot?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Range, no. Shoulder, yes.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I believe they also only have one wrist slot. Long ago I believe a mage pet went rogue and somehow the person was able to see the paperdoll for the pet (this is possibly from the old boards). Does anyone remember what I'm talking about, or is this one of those dreams that I just thought was real, like the one my wife had where ninjas attacked the Seoul Olympics and for years she thought that actually happened? :) I believe it was the basis for our current understanding of what slots a pet has.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Merlaina wrote:I believe they also only have one wrist slot. Long ago I believe a mage pet went rogue and somehow the person was able to see the paperdoll for the pet (this is possibly from the old boards). Does anyone remember what I'm talking about, or is this one of those dreams that I just thought was real, like the one my wife had where ninjas attacked the Seoul Olympics and for years she thought that actually happened? :) I believe it was the basis for our current understanding of what slots a pet has.
No you're not dreaming. I can't remember the specifics, but in the earlier days you could get a pet to go rogue and inspect them on death. I've seen it a few times a long, long time ago.
Optamos

Post by Optamos »

Back in the old days, iirc, pets could go rogue if the mage got charmed. The mage and pet would become enemies and even if the mage's charm was removed the pet would still be rogue. At least, that's how I recall it happening (and it happened to me). I don't recall ever seeing a pet's paper doll, though.
Optamos Magaeus (72)
Sage of Cazic Thule