Equipping pets

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Daiou
Conjurer

Re: Equipping pets

Post by Daiou »

Happened to me last year in Husk. Named near Growl, i forget her name. After charm wore off of me my pet was attacking the tank. Couldn't /pet go away or pocket him.

Poor, poor Jojober had to be put down /cry.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Pet gets one wrist. I prefer the bracelet with the atk mod, being as pets do get the added hp and mod 2 effect.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Stephen51

Post by Stephen51 »

I thought focused pets came fully equipped these days? Lvl 86 pet has new mask, armour and foci? Just add weapons. Or is this wrong?
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

That is right. It uses the braced from armor set though rather than bracelet from gems bag. Was mainly stating it for those with alt pet classes.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

When are we going to get pet inventory added to the pet window? Also, pet resurrection would be nice

Give me a link of where to post this in the Sony forums and I shall. I get overwhelmed of there on where to put things because there are so many things going on I can't follow it all.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Probably never on the inventory. Definitely never on the pet resurrect.
Babsy

Post by Babsy »

Old Jabober got charmed along with me Raid wiped and came back and old Jabober had to die sadly since went rogue :-(

What he had equipped was

Enibik's Ridged Earhoop
Spectral Plate Helm
Summoned : Visor of Vabtik
Enibik's Woven Shawl
Enibik's Satin Choker
Spectral Plate Vambraces
Cloak of Enhancement VIII
Spectral Plate Bracers
Spectral Plate Gauntlets
Enibik's Gold Ring
Spectral Plate Breastplate
Spectral Plate Greaves
Spectral Plate Boots
Summoned: Spectral Belt

thats with EM8 lvl 86 air pet

Babsy
Brelaria
Trial Member

Post by Brelaria »

Daiou wrote:http://eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know that it's a copy and paste of a "SoE Dev" but is there any proof or a link to the original post that states this as being fact? Has anyone parsed numbers from pets summoned with a focus both with and without armor/heirlooms/mask? Forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical but I'd actually like some physical data to re-affirm this.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Brelaria wrote:
Daiou wrote:http://eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know that it's a copy and paste of a "SoE Dev" but is there any proof or a link to the original post that states this as being fact? Has anyone parsed numbers from pets summoned with a focus both with and without armor/heirlooms/mask? Forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical but I'd actually like some physical data to re-affirm this.
Sounds to me like you just volunteered. I've already done parsing to the Nth degree regarding this and kinda figure if somebody doesn't want to take my parses at face value then they can reverify what I and others have already done in the past.
Brelaria
Trial Member

Post by Brelaria »

Tweelis wrote:Sounds to me like you just volunteered. I've already done parsing to the Nth degree regarding this and kinda figure if somebody doesn't want to take my parses at face value then they can reverify what I and others have already done in the past.
I honestly couldn't find any posts with parse data from you, I went through about 30 pages of your posts before I got tired of seeing more political posts than everquest posts. Pretty sure I can't provide the numbers to qualify or disqualify the pets coming summoned with or without equipment due to discrepancies caused by not having pet passive aa's maxed out.

After I get lv90 and do some more aa work I'd be more than happy to supply you with logs vs. a static level mob, likely something from the HoT era, over the course of 100 fights both out of the box and with armaments. I did however see a post about equipping pets with defiant armor, will your pet use a piece of armor it's given over the "summoned pre-equipped" set? I believe I read that after you filled the pet slot that nothing new for that slot would be used.

Anyhow for the sake of gathering the data I've pigeonholed myself into gathering I suppose I'll stop playing around and get to work!