Spell and AA poll

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: Spell and AA poll

Post by qibrme »

Looks like a clear trend forming on the poll.
I looked at the "NEW" abilities people voted most for and well se for yourselves.

someone correct me if I am wrong, but did the DEV's say in the past that they were no longer going to make pet aromr and weapons or was it just armor?
I saw a lot of pet weapons upgrades on the poll which would be pointless if the dEV's said the spell line is discontinued.

Sued...

86 triple attack - air elemental pets only
85 pet veterans wrath - boost pet crit dmg
81 double backstab - water elemental pets only
81 Reverse COH - send mage to the target
80 aa to have fire pets cast bolt or jolt - boost fire pet dps
79 Malo that gives damage bonus for fire spells
77 pet weapon affinity - self explanatory
77 Combo pet buff (bundle standard pet buffs)
77 increased spell damage - fire elemental pets only
77 Elemental Surge - doubles the output the next 3 nukes (both dmg including crits, etc and hate). Not a twincast... So if the spell went off and would have done 9000, if this was active it would do 18000. A fizzle would eat one of the nukes.
76 frenzied rumbling servant - fbo for gargoyles
75 Reverse CoH - send mage to group
73 Arcane burnout - greatly increases you pets chance to crit with spells (activated, same timer/duration as frenzied burnout). Or wrap this into another rank of frenzied burnout.
72 Elemental Alignment - If we have a fire pet up, and we use a fire spell, we draw on the power of the fire elemental to give the nukes a sizable boost. Or this could be the bonus effect of Fire Elemental Transcendence.
72 a form of redirect/reengage for swarm pets - self explanatory
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Poll completed, thanks for that. I would suggest in the SoE forum we seperate the list into 3 parts.

1st part a summary of the results of the poll and what the class would like to see have done to it. Not spells or aa's just a general write up of what the class feels are the main concerns we have. Increased pet DPS, pet durability, lack of mana regen ability etc... This is follow up with the top 10 spell and aa wish list that center on the main description how to improve upon it.

Top 10 Spells wish list

Top 10 AA wish list.

That gives them a list of our most wanted spell and aa ideas that will directly relate back to the must haves. It is would be an easy to read bullet point format and at only 10 each not overwhelming at all. Put a link in to the poll so the devs if interested can see the poll and the results. In that veign can you add a link to view results now on that 1st page to make it even easier if a dev looks at the poll and wants to see the results.

Of course add if the devs would like to see more then the top 10 please ask and we can the next 10 of each. If they ask we know they read the thread, and would be a very good sign.

I would also suggest anyone on Beta please take the final post from the Mage SoE board when posted and place it in the mage section on the beta forums. We know the devs read it, and to be sure all needed see it post it in the AA and Spell area's. The 1st part in both sections aa and spells, and then the aa section only in aa's and the spells in spells.

There if of course overlap. AA mana regen and spell mana regen but it does drive home the point it is seriously lacking. We will let the devs figure out the way to give us what we need, and we need to be sure we get what we need or do our best to make it happen.

This is a great start and from the community and not some people, but input from us all. That is really encouraging, we are acting like a community with it's best interest at heart. It isn't for the soloer, or grouper or as it was in the past to much centered on the raider, but this time for everyone. No more of the grouper is fine and only raiders need help BS of the past. It is not groupers vs. raiders anymore, it is one class wanting the best for it for all play styles, and all of us going to bat for all styles of play and not just our own. If we can stick together and watch out for the other guy we should do really well in beta.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Pet armor was discontinued but pet weapons are not. A few people over the years have said they wouldn't mind seeing pet weapons die due to what they call to be a small dps increase with weapons.

I don't recall having seen any pet weapon upgrades on the poll. Weapon affinity increases proc rate of weapons. Backstab is an ability and totally unrelated to weapons as the water pet can bs without weapons. Triple attack is independent of weapons.

Exactl what pet weapons upgrades are you referring to on the poll other than the one to make summoning weapons a little more convenient?
Danille

Post by Danille »

This tread has already caught the attention of at least one developer who works on AA's.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Voragath wrote:I don't recall having seen any pet weapon upgrades on the poll. Weapon affinity increases proc rate of weapons. Backstab is an ability and totally unrelated to weapons as the water pet can bs without weapons. Triple attack is independent of weapons.

Exactl what pet weapons upgrades are you referring to on the poll other than the one to make summoning weapons a little more convenient?

that
and Defensive line of pet weapons. No proc, but huge AC/HP bonus

Sued...
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I am not sure who is gonna post the results - me or our polling accountant (grin) - but aa's will be separate from spells as its really 2 different things.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

qibrme wrote:
Voragath wrote:I don't recall having seen any pet weapon upgrades on the poll. Weapon affinity increases proc rate of weapons. Backstab is an ability and totally unrelated to weapons as the water pet can bs without weapons. Triple attack is independent of weapons.

that
and Defensive line of pet weapons. No proc, but huge AC/HP bonus

Sued...
Ok, I see. Well, not to worry, so far they have plans to continue with weapons. However, I, personally, get the feeling they don't want to make weapons very powerful and are just "fluff".
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Danille wrote:This tread has already caught the attention of at least one developer who works on AA's.
Curious as to how you know this because I must've missed something. How do you know? Hopefully, they put our ideas to good use this time.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

I'm surprised to see pets surviving mages death is not running a little higher :)

And just because I am sure you have nothing else to do - any chance of adding the number of people that have voted so far in there ?

I've said it before but, I will say it again - nice work on getting the poll up there.

Thanks
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Last I checked (which was earlier this morning) it was up to 33 votes. I'd still like to see us break 100, but we're going to need more publicity for that to happen. As it stands I know only two of the 5 active mages in my own guild have voted (myself being one of them), but then I haven't had much time to play since the poll went up.

So I implore everyone again, please, hit your guildies up and mention the poll in your server mage channels.

Edit: up to 35 shortly after posting this.