Spell and AA poll

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tubben

Re: Spell and AA poll

Post by Tubben »

Merlaina wrote:Last I checked (which was earlier this morning) it was up to 33 votes. I'd still like to see us break 100, but we're going to need more publicity for that to happen. As it stands I know only two of the 5 active mages in my own guild have voted (myself being one of them), but then I haven't had much time to play since the poll went up.

So I implore everyone again, please, hit your guildies up and mention the poll in your server mage channels.

Edit: up to 35 shortly after posting this.
We should announce the link of the poll with a small line of text inside our mage channels on our server. I bet only around 5% of the mages out there does actually read forums.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I occasionally mention it in the serverwide and luclin mage channels, but it usually only gets an extra 1 or 2 more votes per time I do it. I try not to do it too often to keep from spamming.
Tubben

Post by Tubben »

Merlaina wrote:I occasionally mention it in the serverwide and luclin mage channels, but it usually only gets an extra 1 or 2 more votes per time I do it. I try not to do it too often to keep from spamming.
Well 1-2 more votes is alot. Do this on every server, post it once per 30 minutes, and after a while we will have 100+ votes.
Erawen

Post by Erawen »

Vote Cast! It's been a while since I've been active on the boards, but it really looks like the community is changing for the better :) Thanks so much for creating this poll!
Danille

Post by Danille »

Since there is no way to prevent other classes from tainting the poll I suggest that we be careful when opening up the poll outside of this forum.

Perhaps several requirements would be in order.

Must have a mage main
Must have a current eqplayers profile
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Sort of late for the restrictions, and would be difficult to do with any certainty anyhow.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

More new spells on Lucy ?

Well not new, just upgrades the existing lines so far that I can see unless I am missing something

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spelllist.ht ... ource=Test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Looks like mostly normal upgrades, though some are notably missing. No new pet rune (though not sure we really expected one with as powerful as the current one already is). No new thaumatize. Grant Binding of Brazaz is new, though we don't know what that is yet. Looks like there's an upgrade to gift of xev that creates two stacks of food/water, a stack of bandages, and a sphere of air (well whoopidy doo). Beam of daggers seems to imply we get a beam spell that is magic based, which I'm not really opposed to, though an interesting choice. New weapon and armor bags. Splash of Lava: not sure what that is, though it looks like some type of AE. Grant Ring of Levitation: guess this may be a placeholder unless they're going to upgrade our lev ring summon somehow (target type is single instead of self). Aside from that looks mostly like upgrades to our normal spell lines. Also I'm not seeing a new fickle spell (the one modified there is the 85 version).

Let the analysis begin!
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

There is a lot more stuff digging around there a bit though I am not too sure what I am reading

For instance what is this Thaumatize Pet Death Feedback?

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spelllist.ht ... ource=Test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I have no idea.

I have started analyzing the new spells though and at least for the time being most of them seem to be a straight 10% increase to damage (and I assume mana, but I haven't really started looking much at comparative mana costs yet). The only notable exception I've found so far is our DS, which looks to be getting

1 - A whopping 50% increase in effectiveness and
2 - An increase in base duration from 15 minutes to 26.5 minutes.

This of course comes with a larger mana cost than usual, but still something to be happy about I think. Still, hardly one of our main sources of damage.

Also it looks like Earthen Stance is getting a significant boost:

Tellurian Stance - 231% increase over Earthen Stance (blocks 10,035 damage)
Tellurian Stance Rk. II - 137% increase over Earthen Stance Rk II (Blocks 20,100 damage)
Tellurian Stance Rk. III - 137% increase over Earthen Stance Rk III (Blocks 30,135 damage)

Also mana cost on it seems to have only gone up 10%, so this category looks to be at least fixed better now. However rune is still probably more effective if mobs are hitting for a base of 3-4K