Spell and AA poll results

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Re: Spell and AA poll results

Post by jack96jill »

while i could care less about the reverse coh, it could be done with restrictions. Make it like a campfire, have to have 3 group members in close proximity for it to work and make it not work while in raid. Though i can only imagine such coding would be a pita :P
Danille

Post by Danille »

In eq2 any class in the game can reverse coth as long as they are a high elf. It is a racial ability there.
Erawen

Post by Erawen »

I know these aren't exactly the same as some people may want the ability, but ...

1. We could summon an item that when clicked summons us to the person who clicked it - I'm not sure if that's possible coding-wise.

2. An aa that would summon "an apprentice magician" gnome or something haha and when we clicked it again .. the apprentice would CoH us to that location .. kind of like laying a totem then activating it later. Again, I'm not sure if this would work with code, but I would like to see some new mechanics with our "CoH" ability.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Erawen wrote:I know these aren't exactly the same as some people may want the ability, but ...

1. We could summon an item that when clicked summons us to the person who clicked it - I'm not sure if that's possible coding-wise.
We could just summon an item with a 1 charge CoH clicky for anyone to use. Hell, I'd be ok if it even required the pearl.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

An apprentice...I love it. Leave the little dude standing out there in a dangerous spot...be funny if he had emotes about being scared, etc, etc.
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

perhaps i should amend what i said. did we really need to ask for reverse coh 2x when we have asked many times already to be told absolutely not? :lol:
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

For the poll I just took the compiled lists from the AA suggestions (which had reverse CoH in it) and the spell suggestions (which also had a reverse CoH in it) and threw them up on a web page. For the results I just took the top 15 spell suggestions and top 30 AA suggestions and forwarded them along. Yes, they were in there twice, as was some version of "upgrade elemental forms to be useful". I didn't want to edit the results, just pass them along and include a letter that I felt was an accurate reflection of what the mage community wants as per my understanding from this message board.
Danille

Post by Danille »

quseio wrote:perhaps i should amend what i said. did we really need to ask for reverse coh 2x when we have asked many times already to be told absolutely not? :lol:
Because the voting mage community wants us to.
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

would u put a request for penis shaped hats or for our pets to be able to shoot layzors from tehr eyes people asked for it ?

i just think that it cuts our cred when we ask for stuff like that! sure reverse coh would be nice but think of all the things people would do with it unless soe can code reverse coh to not work in specific areas which i doubt without spending alot of money to do so
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

quseio wrote:would u put a request for penis shaped hats or for our pets to be able to shoot layzors from tehr eyes people asked for it ?

i just think that it cuts our cred when we ask for stuff like that! sure reverse coh would be nice but think of all the things people would do with it unless soe can code reverse coh to not work in specific areas which i doubt without spending alot of money to do so
Yes, yes I would. I was trying to be impartial here and just report the desires of the mage community, not my own personal ones. Had I wanted to add my own opinion I would have said something about mage utility on raids, such as through a player version of iceflame guard. However this was already debated and shot down, thus you don't see it on that list.

Of course I would also cry a little inside if I had to send THAT PM. :)

As for reverse CoH, there's not much you can do with it that can't already be done through other means, either with a rogue or monk dragging a dead mage and then popping their merc to rez them, or through bonfire/guild banner ports. I expect they would block it anywhere CoH is already blocked as well, so there would be no "spending a lot of money to do so", it would just be a simple check of "is this a CoH enabled zone" check.