Spell and AA poll results

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Baramos
Conjurer

Re: Spell and AA poll results

Post by Baramos »

Merlaina -

You are a professional. I admire your hard work, your candor, and your ethics.

Baramos
Danille

Post by Danille »

Bravo! It's a good thing when one of our talented mages, steps up to the plate to advance the mage community's agenda!
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Thanks for the sentiment, but it wasn't just me. Svenalo certainly put in quite a bit of effort compiling the spell and AA lists, both from here and the official boards. Without that it would have been a much larger effort putting the poll together. So kudos to Svenalo and thanks for the hard work man! :)
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Merlaina wrote:Thanks for the sentiment, but it wasn't just me. Svenalo certainly put in quite a bit of effort compiling the spell and AA lists, both from here and the official boards. Without that it would have been a much larger effort putting the poll together. So kudos to Svenalo and thanks for the hard work man! :)
I've noticed that.

Thanks Sven.

/wave /smile /hug

Baramos
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Merlaina wrote:
quseio wrote:would u put a request for penis shaped hats or for our pets to be able to shoot layzors from tehr eyes people asked for it ?

i just think that it cuts our cred when we ask for stuff like that! sure reverse coh would be nice but think of all the things people would do with it unless soe can code reverse coh to not work in specific areas which i doubt without spending alot of money to do so
Yes, yes I would. I was trying to be impartial here and just report the desires of the mage community, not my own personal ones. Had I wanted to add my own opinion I would have said something about mage utility on raids, such as through a player version of iceflame guard. However this was already debated and shot down, thus you don't see it on that list.

Of course I would also cry a little inside if I had to send THAT PM. :)

As for reverse CoH, there's not much you can do with it that can't already be done through other means, either with a rogue or monk dragging a dead mage and then popping their merc to rez them, or through bonfire/guild banner ports. I expect they would block it anywhere CoH is already blocked as well, so there would be no "spending a lot of money to do so", it would just be a simple check of "is this a CoH enabled zone" check.
Thanks for your work Merlaina. And thanks to Svenalo for his(?) work as well. Looks like that you two pulling our ideas to one location and getting the thinktank rolling got the devs ears a bit just by looking at the spells.

I'm wondering what spell ideas were better off as aa's and what aa's they took from us.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

haha I hadn't fully read the post to which Merl replied...

But yes, I do think Mages need to shoot lasers out of our eyes.

No, not a penis-shaped hat. We need an Elmer Fudd hat.

I've always wanted to see "Baramos gets a CWITACAL BWAST !"
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Thanks all.
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

player iceflame would rok but the devs i think shot it down and i can understand why it would be the single most powerful buff in the game imo
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

The people voted for a reverse call of hero either via a apell or an aa or hell even both. It doesn't matter, it was on the list, voted on, and people want it. So we can ask. If you don't want it fine, but don't post why so many times. It is wanted. We may not get it, but then again we may. Never hurts to ask.

Calebe
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

it could hurt to ask i know i wouldnt be happy at all if someone ignored what i said and kept insisting on something i said a definate answer to. I just think we should stick to things they havent said no to theres lots of stuff that we could want, why annoy the devs?

I want a mage levant but that got shot down i think i didnt ask for it again.

Ive said my piece.