Spell and AA poll results

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Spell and AA poll results

Post by Merlaina »

Alright, I have tabulated and organized the resulting data from the poll. Without further ado:

Spells (top 15):
166 - Upgrade Pets
163 - Upgrade RS
161 - Upgrade fire nukes (DDs)
159 - Upgrade mana regen capabilities
152 - Upgrade pet buffs
132 - Upgrade thaumatize pet
127 - Upgrade magic nukes (DDs)
124 - Malo with a damage bonus for fire spells
116 - Combo pet buff (bundle standard pet buffs)
109 - Reverse CoH (send caster to group member)
107 - Upgrade pet weapons - one or two summoned on cursor of target instead of bag
104 - Defensive pet weapons - no proc, massive AC/HP
102 - Pet DoT/Tap to transfer health or mana from pet to mage
99 - Chaotic Reclaimation: Anti-summoned spell that works on anything, but has a mana regen recourse and chance to "destroy" when used on elementals/constructs.
96 - Upgrade earthen stance (large boost)

AA (top 30)

157 - sturdy companion - additional ranks
152 - elemental durability - additional ranks
152 - elemental agility - additional ranks
152 - companions agility - additional ranks
149 - fortify companion - additional ranks
149 - companions durability - additional ranks
149 - extended servant - more ranks if getting a new rumbling servant at 90
146 - mana regen - self explanatory
145 - Swap Pet - self explanatory
143 - hastened servant - more ranks if getting a new rumbling servant at 90
142 - twincast - more ranks
138 - Lot more passive pet AAs - additional ranks
136 - AA to increase the length of Frenzied Burnout - 3 ranks (15 seconds) (30 seconds) (1 minute)
134 - elemental forms - additional ranks, make em useful again, etc, etc. i.e. water form more mana regen, fire form boost fire spell dmg and fire pet dps, etc. *Water = rk4-6 adds 25/30/40 mana per tick; *Air = rk4-6 raises resist caps by 100/150/200 and increases movement to run 6/7/8; *Earth = rk4-6 Increase hp by 1000/2000/3000 and mitigates 5/10/15% of melee damage; *Fire = rk4-6 increase twincast rate by 1/2/3%
132 - pet veterans wrath - boost pet crit dmg
130 - triple attack - air elemental pets only
128 - double backstab - water elemental pets only
124 - pet weapon affinity - self explanatory
124 - jolt cap extension - each rank adds an additonal hit to the mob
123 - frenzied rumbling servant - fbo for gargoyles
123 - AA to extend duration of Twin cast - by 15 seconds
122 - aa to have fire pets crit - boost fire pet dps
121 - Lot more passive nuke AAs - additional ranks
118 - Reverse COH - send mage to the target
118 - <type> Elemental Transcendence - gives us a permanent elemental illusion of the type, and granting the bonuses for that type (i.e. hp boost for earth, mana regen boost for water, etc). The water forms mana regen boost should be such to give us a realistic boost in mana regen. If not an aa, it could be done as the result of a specialization quest in which case you would select which one you wanted to be, and have to redo the quest to change.
118 - Elemental Surge - doubles the output the next 3 nukes (both dmg including crits, etc and hate). Not a twincast... So if the spell went off and would have done 9000, if this was active it would do 18000. A fizzle would eat one of the nukes.
113 - pet twinproc - self explanatory
112 - aa to have fire pets cast bolt or jolt - boost fire pet dps
112 - rumbling servant - mana free version
111 - increased spell damage - fire elemental pets only

I will make the data available after a birthday party I must attend, as this site doesn't allow XLS uploads.
Danille

Re: Spell and AA poll results

Post by Danille »

Sent the results of this poll to Elidroth today with a direct link to this thread.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Here is the link to my complete spreadsheet up on Google Docs. I'll edit this with more info later, but right now I'm being dragged away from the computer again. Dang familial obligations.

Poll Results

Edit: Ok, finally have a chance to give some details on this. The doc is split into quite a few sheets:

Votes - This is basically a dump of the SQL table where the votes were kept, minus names, IP address, server, and submission time. The raid/group/solo values are 1-4, 1 being very frequently down to 4 being never. 0 are for when none of those values were checked and not counted in the playstyle breakdowns.
Raid/Group/Solo Sorted - These are the same results, but sorted by raid/group/solo frequency, respectively. This was more of an intermediate step than anything.
Results Summary - A summary of the votes, with the votes tallied for each spell and AA and then sorted based on what had the most votes.
Raid/Group/Solo Results - Same as the results summary, but broken down by playstyle and with no sorting.
Raid/Group/Solo Results_2 - A sorted version of the raid/group/solo results tables, sorted by those listing those things as "very frequently".

I was a bit rushed as I had to get to a birthday party for some family, so it might not be the best organizational job of all time. There were 12 possible sorts to do for the playstyle breakdowns, but I only did the first 3 (very frequenly for each playstyle). The full data is available though, so if you want you can download the sheet and perform those yourself.

The top post I made in this thread only covered the top 15 spells and 30 AAs from the Results Summary sheet. I will look at this in a little more detail by playstyle after my daughter goes to bed and I have more time.
Last edited by Merlaina on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

Great work, but I could not access the link to your spreadsheet ? :)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Yeah, I can't access it either, even if I log in to my google account. It says I don't have permission to access the spreadsheet.

Are you wanting me to post the results over at SOE or are you going to do it?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Hmmm, I'll look at the access again. It's supposed to be available to anyone with the link to the page, but maybe I used the wrong link. Try this one:

Linky
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I'm putting together a message right now and will be sending it off shortly.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Ok, so this is the PM I sent Ngreth yesterday:
Ngreth -

I apologize for sending this to you directly through PM as I'm sure you're very busy with Fan Fair and development on House of Thule. It is precisely the latter issue this message is regarding. I am here today on behalf of the mage community as a whole. The frequenters of the magicians tower forums have for the past several months been brainstorming ideas for spells and AAs we'd like to see in House of Thule, as well as discussing issues with the class we would like to see addressed. To that end we put together a poll, posted a link to it on the Magician's Tower as well as the Magician's Library section of the SOE forums, and after running it for a little over a week have the results. I know you're probably not going to be directly handling our spell/AA creation, but I would appreciate it if you would forward these results to the relevant dev.

First off, a link to the spreadsheet with all of the results data can be found at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...VhenZuNmc&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This is a google docs spreadsheet with no sign in required.

Now onto the results:

Spells

166 - Upgrade Pets
163 - Upgrade RS
161 - Upgrade fire nukes (DDs)
159 - Upgrade mana regen capabilities
152 - Upgrade pet buffs
132 - Upgrade thaumatize pet
127 - Upgrade magic nukes (DDs)
124 - Malo with a damage bonus for fire spells
116 - Combo pet buff (bundle standard pet buffs)
109 - Reverse CoH (send caster to group member)
107 - Upgrade pet weapons - one or two summoned on cursor of target instead of bag
104 - Defensive pet weapons - no proc, massive AC/HP
102 - Pet DoT/Tap to transfer health or mana from pet to mage
99 - Chaotic Reclaimation: Anti-summoned spell that works on anything, but has a mana regen recourse and chance to "destroy" when used on elementals/constructs.
96 - Upgrade earthen stance (large boost)

AA (top 30)

157 - sturdy companion - additional ranks
152 - elemental durability - additional ranks
152 - elemental agility - additional ranks
152 - companions agility - additional ranks
149 - fortify companion - additional ranks
149 - companions durability - additional ranks
149 - extended servant - more ranks if getting a new rumbling servant at 90
146 - mana regen - self explanatory
145 - Swap Pet - self explanatory
143 - hastened servant - more ranks if getting a new rumbling servant at 90
142 - twincast - more ranks
138 - Lot more passive pet AAs - additional ranks
136 - AA to increase the length of Frenzied Burnout - 3 ranks (15 seconds) (30 seconds) (1 minute)
134 - elemental forms - additional ranks, make em useful again, etc, etc. i.e. water form more mana regen, fire form boost fire spell dmg and fire pet dps, etc. *Water = rk4-6 adds 25/30/40 mana per tick; *Air = rk4-6 raises resist caps by 100/150/200 and increases movement to run 6/7/8; *Earth = rk4-6 Increase hp by 1000/2000/3000 and mitigates 5/10/15% of melee damage; *Fire = rk4-6 increase twincast rate by 1/2/3%
132 - pet veterans wrath - boost pet crit dmg
130 - triple attack - air elemental pets only
128 - double backstab - water elemental pets only
124 - pet weapon affinity - self explanatory
124 - jolt cap extension - each rank adds an additonal hit to the mob
123 - frenzied rumbling servant - fbo for gargoyles
123 - AA to extend duration of Twin cast - by 15 seconds
122 - aa to have fire pets crit - boost fire pet dps
121 - Lot more passive nuke AAs - additional ranks
118 - Reverse COH - send mage to the target
118 - <type> Elemental Transcendence - gives us a permanent elemental illusion of the type, and granting the bonuses for that type (i.e. hp boost for earth, mana regen boost for water, etc). The water forms mana regen boost should be such to give us a realistic boost in mana regen. If not an aa, it could be done as the result of a specialization quest in which case you would select which one you wanted to be, and have to redo the quest to change.
118 - Elemental Surge - doubles the output the next 3 nukes (both dmg including crits, etc and hate). Not a twincast... So if the spell went off and would have done 9000, if this was active it would do 18000. A fizzle would eat one of the nukes.
113 - pet twinproc - self explanatory
112 - aa to have fire pets cast bolt or jolt - boost fire pet dps
112 - rumbling servant - mana free version
111 - increased spell damage - fire elemental pets only

I have highlighted a few items there because they reflect what has been mentioned many times on the Magician's Tower as the key points we're interested in. Namely:

1 - We wish for our pets to see significant upgrades. The power of the mage comes largely from our pet, and if our pet doesn't scale properly with content we are a useless class. I believe I have heard the idea tossed around that a new pet should, out of the box with no focus, be able to handle a blue con mob from the new expansion (I believe that does include normal mage pet buffs, but not support AAs).

2 - We very much need some form of mana regen. I believe every other int class besides the magician is able to recover a large amount of mana in a short time through spells or AAs (chanter: gather mana, wizard: harvest, necro: death bloom). We would be happy with some form of large mana gain spell, self only super mod-rod, or whatever you decide is best. The only thing we do NOT want is something that would require us to sacrifice or nearly kill our pet.

As always the magician's tower is always open to you and your team. Feel free to drop by share your thoughts, concerns, or have a summoned beer.

Merlain

85 Magician of Luclin - Stromm <Heroes>

Merlaina on the magician's tower (http://www.eqmagetower.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and bodycount on the forums.
To which I got this terse reply just a short bit ago:
Thank you for the feedback. Some of that has already been implemented.
Not a man of many words, is he? :)
Last edited by Merlaina on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

But at least you got a reply...sometimes its like the comments/email/whatever fell in a black hole never to be heard or seen again.
Danille

Post by Danille »

That you so much!