pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Re: pets

Post by Gnomeland »

Like I said, it's ridiculous they still haven't addressed our raid dps, and now we even have a new aggro issue to deal with while soloing because our pets have become worse at maintaining it (relatively speaking). What a joke.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Failcon wrote:I am a raider. I state that so there is no confution about where this comes from.

Mages pets are scary, when buffed, and used propperly with the AAs they tank nearly as good as actual tanking classes. They can actually do better than some tanks do to them having more buffs opened up to them. I can boost pets tanking then DA, all the while burning named, and poof there goes another named on the mage belt. Very few other classes can do that, and even then most need special ways. AKA wizzies need room to kite or a mob that can act as a tank. We only need a lil area to get no adds, nothing fancy. We are spose to be able to solo average mobs, yet as a raider, I get access to items that allow me to goto Convo and be that prick who molo's nameds. We are a very powerful class, and for that we pay a bit of a price. Some of you don't remember the days where mages were hated by most all group classes. We were dangerous to be around, our pets had little to no control, would agro a whole zone, poof everytime we invis'd. We have slowly gained more control, power, and ability. I have yet to gain a new pet (excluding fire), since the 50's, that didn't let me reach to a level of awesomeness.

Also during the last days of Beta, while testing pet tuning, I was tanking Teir 4 named mobs that con red with a 86 EM 13 air pet. Did this with a 90 cleric, 90 T5 DPS Caster merc, 90 T1 healer merc and I was a 90 raid geared mage. Not only could I tank the named mobs but did this with adds at times. WE killed nearly all named mobs in Morell's Castle this way, though often loosing the DPS caster merc to agro. This will be the topic of many peoples complaints, so be prepaired.

While people are complaining about us loosing ground, look at how many new mages there are. Look at how much we make people whine about what we can do. Look at how we are now highly desired in groups. And the next time you go solo, look around and notice you are doing the same thing that the group next to you is doing, just a lil slower (oh yeah and we now have more mana then we need). Yeah as a raider, I have accessed higher gear, which has increased my abilities, causing people to whine that I, as a mage, am so uber they feel like a lesser class. That so pays for being a lil lower on parses on raids.

In the Raid game we need to relook at how we are veiwing ourselves. Yeah we are DPS, just not high on the food chain, but we have other jobs. Mage air pets are what most the guilds I have ever been in want, cause hey, who else stuns like an air pet. If you are a raid mage who doesn't have clerics sending tells for mod rods, your mages are not doing thier jobs. Then the DS's and procs that help the tank build hate, yes only small amounts but every bit helps when events eat tanks and they need to rebuild agro while the raid DPS has been on the list for a while. The role of a mage is much more than just DPS, and it is selfish of a mage to think otherwise.

Raid mages also need to understand that the Dev'shave to place balance in the fact that the more powerful a mage is as a raider, how much more powerful it makes a mage in the solo/group game. Like I said as a raider I can tank named mobs in Convo, which is unfair to non raid mages who have to hear about how Uber mages are and they struggle. Be glad that you have the abilities you do, make yourself more useful to your guilds if you are a raider and understand that as the game advances, mages are going to keep being looked at as an unfairly powerful class, cause we will have mages raid geared that blow the Bell curve.

I for one am happy to be a mage and love that people are so jealous of what I can do.

Long live mages!
Wow, nice fail at trolling. All buffs don't stack on pets. Just because it shows up in the window doesn't mean it's working. If you have 2 attack buffs on pet, one 15 and one 30 and both are slot one, he's only gonna get the 30, not 45. So, buffs are the same for pets as for pc's.

Pets tank better than raid tanks? What you smokin'?

Wow, you used a pet to tank an end zone with lots of support...yawn...just about any class that has some tanking power can: sk's, pallies, wars, clerics, bards, rangers... By the way, you used the end game focus. Grats. A rare few will get that timely so those complaints won't be around. An sk or pally will go straight to tier 4 and molo but we won't.

People only rerolled mages because beast sucked and the em 8 focus was easy to get. Then the lies about convo. They can, as one mage says, eat crow. You are also misunderstanding losing ground so you are totally outside of knowing our complaints. When we say lose ground, we mean dps not population. Great reading comprehension, genius.

You say you raid but you must be low tier, like SoF or something. There are plenty of ways to hold aggro and DS is so small they can go without it. It is not necessary, the damage is pitiful, and they can easily use that buff slot for something else. Mod rods aren't used because no one goes the distance anymore. You haven't been paying attention here either. Why do you need a mod rod when you are gonna burn for 5 mins or less? Where the problem exists for dps, the raids are burning through events in 10 mins or less.

Finally, you have no clue on how the pet focii work. Focii don't "boost" stats, the summon a completely different pet. The difference is completely different than just a cloak. The cloak is different for each one, their ac will be different, their dmg will be different, etc. That is why a new focus needs to be made. They need to limit the number of pets they have to create each expansion because a pet takes lots of time to make. If all focii worked on all pets, they'd have tons to make. So each focus affects a range to limit the number of pets they have to create.

You are neither a mage nor a raid mage. If you are, you are terrible at both. Be gone pally troll!
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

sadly no failcon in guild on my server that raids uf But i dont know his skill since not in my guild. Just wanted to clear it up. i do tho agree we needed better dps thru pets and HoT rk1 better than least sod rk2 all around. needed something to keep up somewhere close to other classes.

Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Failcon wrote:Yeah as a raider, I have accessed higher gear, which has increased my abilities, causing people to whine that I, as a mage, am so uber they feel like a lesser class. That so pays for being a lil lower on parses on raids.
So when do you turn 12?
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

nako wrote:
Failcon wrote:Just a matter of fact- The way pet focuses work is simple. It grants your pet a shoulder item when summoned.

We aren't even in the food chain. Last burn parse (70sec) was a wizzy at 52k, followed by a smurfton more wizzies and a few melee's.

I have no idea where I was, but burned everything and *maybe* did 1/3 the wizzy's dps.

~grumble~

Perhaps we should go back to writing stupid things on the ground with modrods.

LOL

We need something raid specific to help us out and not OP group mages. I saw one good idea somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that was... a new massive Jolt/Shock that ramps up based on PC's in agrolist. Pet's really aren't viable any more (even raiding we rarely have 10 pets on agro list, unless mob is cornered, which almost never happens any more), and would still make for silliness in a group setting provided host was up.

~double grumble~
Failcon wrote:The role of a mage is much more than just DPS, and it is selfish of a mage to think otherwise.
I can't remember the last time I was asked to do anything other than dps. Oh wait, there is one event where I sit there and chain earth pets at a mob. Sure I make rods/invis stones/whatever. I stopped DS'ing cause that's the first thing that gets clicked off. Pyroshroud on a select few warriors that don't hate it

hahaha

I wasn't in Beta, but I suppose the new AA rods should help our raid utility a bit... but you only need 1 Mage for those (hell, one alt parked in GH). Other than that I just see us continuing on down the road of mediocrity. On the bright side, most of us will be accustomed to that though (2001-2008 ring any bells?).
Very funny! You have been around the block a few times. (And our Troll has an interesting name. Fail. Con.)

Bara
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Gnomeland wrote:Like I said, it's ridiculous they still haven't addressed our raid dps, and now we even have a new aggro issue to deal with while soloing because our pets have become worse at maintaining it (relatively speaking). What a joke.
Ok where do you get that our pets have trouble holding agro, they are great at holding agro. Add to the masive hate generated by our main pet, our RS pet is an agro beast. I swear some of you have never played outside your lil box, one of my best friends is a wizzy and my pet can hold agro while she frags away. So where is this poor agro you talk about. On the UF Masked Invaders raid the final boss gets kited and pets have to have taunt off, and no RS cause they steal agro and then DPS melees die. There is my examples, where are yours. I did Beta and only agro issue I had was first time I TC the new mega bolt and learned how much agro that produced, but after topping casting subulty no more issues.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Failcon wrote:
Gnomeland wrote:Like I said, it's ridiculous they still haven't addressed our raid dps, and now we even have a new aggro issue to deal with while soloing because our pets have become worse at maintaining it (relatively speaking). What a joke.
Ok where do you get that our pets have trouble holding agro, they are great at holding agro. Add to the masive hate generated by our main pet, our RS pet is an agro beast. I swear some of you have never played outside your lil box, one of my best friends is a wizzy and my pet can hold agro while she frags away. So where is this poor agro you talk about. On the UF Masked Invaders raid the final boss gets kited and pets have to have taunt off, and no RS cause they steal agro and then DPS melees die. There is my examples, where are yours. I did Beta and only agro issue I had was first time I TC the new mega bolt and learned how much agro that produced, but after topping casting subulty no more issues.
We have kited Mi and even used swarms, RS, and 5 mage pets, 3 beast pets, all at once and never once did that mob look back.

Seriously, just stop. You aren't fooling anyone.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

First off- In a top tier guild. I just don't see the need to whine that I am not uber enough. Mages are stuck between being overpowered solo/group toon and slightly lower powered raid toons. That has been our lot for a long time and that is how it will stay, get over it. It was mages who cried for alot of the nerfs that we got on HoT, mages tried to get the new mega bolt reduced, they tried to get the harvest removed, they got the new AA mod rod nerfed,thank them for the 23k DMV it causes rather than the 13k it started with. The mages kept fighting for abilities that the Devs told us were not going to happen, being that what is being demanded, like TC RS pets, while being an inconvenience, is actually an overpowering ability when looking at the solo/group game (2RS pets can off tank while doing massive dmg and can be cast twice allowing for 4 RS pets to tank a mob saving the main pet from dmg). Mages were not designed as pure DPS, we are also tanks (I am not meaning for raids, I mean in the group/solo areas) and we are penalized as such. I run my parser for all my groups and can tell you hybrid tanks suck at DPS, warriors can only put out fair DPS when using discs, and they pay for that with no ability heal.

The pets we have coming in HoT are scaled well with what we will be facing. We should be glad, I remember when our pets were only effective vs blue mobs. No it is not fair to the group mages that our class is being tuned and focused around raid mages in the group game, but all the complaints about us have caused it, and not being a cavorts class, they don't care. So we can either be glad that we still have our tanking or we can let them take us back to lesser pets, so raid mages can get bigger nukes or pets that DPS better like how fire pets are spose to be.

While demanding things to be better in one area just think about what you are willing to give up.

Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Voragath wrote:
We have kited Mi and even used swarms, RS, and 5 mage pets, 3 beast pets, all at once and never once did that mob look back.

Seriously, just stop. You aren't fooling anyone.
Dude you didn't have taunt on, and our guild banned the RS cause it was killing ppl.

Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

i could be wrong but i only seen our CL not wanting what community wanted in HoT beta. unless i missed everything and lot was said in beta to my knolwdge fail is wrong. we didnt want 23k rod dmg to us. we didnt particually wanted best nuke reduced but to be able to be an assest thru dps better. now maybe twincasting with RS pets is overpowered for group content sure ill go with it but for dps in raid not at all. it still wouldnt give us what we need to be compared to the other classes.