Summary of Feedback from Fan Faire 2010

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Sunlace

Summary of Feedback from Fan Faire 2010

Post by Sunlace »

I found this on station boards:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=167083" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's little long but worth reading.

And here is one quote that caught my eye:

Pets
1) Question came up on mage pets being strong tanks. Answer basically came to the conclusion that things considered overpowered won't be nerfed but will be phased out by not being boosted in the future.

I played this game for a long time and I've seen SOE nerf bat swing too many times. Hmm...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Summary of Feedback from Fan Faire 2010

Post by Merlaina »

Yep, that's a pretty disturbing quote. I'm also forced to wonder why so many laughed/booed at the idea of a mage DPS increase. Do they not get we're the second least desired class for raids? We obviously need SOMETHING.
Danille

Post by Danille »

There are even some folks who think our regular pets still push.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Well they mentioned swarm pets specifically, and from experience I know Host has a pretty high push factor to it.
Danille

Post by Danille »

yeah they need to eliminate swarm pet push like they did regular pets in DoDH
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

They also made a comment that you can't compare something overpowered by one raid mage pet. They said they made the raid focii too strong and are toning them down. So definitely will need to continue pushing for stronger pets outta the box.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

which enhanced minion focuses arent working?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Well Falore has said that there are some bugs with the EM XI focus in that some of the pet spells are set wrong (for example the fire pet uses Elemental Fire Bolt VIII instead of VII or something like that, and VIII seems to be just some weak placeholder). i think the issue they're talking about here though is that some people think higher focus pets are overpowered because they see a high end raid mage soloing hard underfoot group content and go "OMG NERF HIM!" and the dev reply was that's not really a good indication of mage pets being overpowered.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Merlaina wrote:Yep, that's a pretty disturbing quote. I'm also forced to wonder why so many laughed/booed at the idea of a mage DPS increase. Do they not get we're the second least desired class for raids? We obviously need SOMETHING.
Mages are overpowered. They need to be nerfed.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

The problem is you have high end mages bragging about moloing named mobs in Convortium. So most every other class thinks mages don't need help in any way. Yet high end raid mages say they are falling too far behind in the DPS parses.

The solution would be pets that do more dps, but less tanking ability. However many mages who play solo or box with pet tanking wouldn't be in favor of that idea. However I think it is safe to say our level of pet tanking ability right now is pretty high when you chain RS along with it and a cleric merc.

If the base tanking ability were only marginally increased, but the DPS greatly increased, I think it would work out overall.