Fan Faire Fall Out

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Sarenot
Magician

Re: Fan Faire Fall Out

Post by Sarenot »

To laugh or to cry....

probably neither.. off to play world of tanks instead :)
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

From: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=167083" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3) Question from mage came up on pet weapons - answer evolved to something slightly different but pet stuff will be targetable now in HoT.
5) Request to have mages get an aura with haste effect - no plans at this time to do that.
8 ) Mages asked for cold spells. Was told no. Player then rementioned the ice clicky spells that were received in the past. Aristo I believe mentioned only the fire line is continued.

1) Question came up on mage pets being strong tanks. Answer basically came to the conclusion that things considered overpowered won't be nerfed but will be phased out by not being boosted in the future.
12) Question by a mage asking for more DPS (did get some boos/laughs from audience). Dev answer was we'll look into it.

The last two scare me. If any scaling needs to be done, it is scaling up for mages. UF put mages way behind imo. UF mobs eating my pet in a frightening number of rounds making most of them impossible to solo (dark blue mobs). The invesetment returned on UF spells for mages was somewhere between lackluster and worthless. I think the devs owe mages some make up time in HoT, however from the reactions above it looks like mages are considered over powered and will continue to not be scaled up (just like in UF). UF has put me at my wits end and if mages continue to see this nerf that we don't call a nerf then I will be quitting. I've been toying with quitting for some time, but that will just put me over the edge because at this rate mages will not be able to solo green mobs. I heard a new version of final fantasy is coming out?
Danille

Post by Danille »

Shardin wrote:at this rate mages will not be able to solo green mobs.
Give me a break!
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Danille wrote:
Shardin wrote:at this rate mages will not be able to solo green mobs.
Give me a break!
While I agree we're not quite *that* bad off, we don't want to be stuck in content 2-3 years old soloing stupid easy mobs for AAs.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Shardin wrote:From: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=167083" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last two scare me. If any scaling needs to be done, it is scaling up for mages. UF put mages way behind imo. UF mobs eating my pet in a frightening number of rounds making most of them impossible to solo (dark blue mobs). The invesetment returned on UF spells for mages was somewhere between lackluster and worthless. I think the devs owe mages some make up time in HoT, however from the reactions above it looks like mages are considered over powered and will continue to not be scaled up (just like in UF). UF has put me at my wits end and if mages continue to see this nerf that we don't call a nerf then I will be quitting.
Okay, everyone wondering about dps and spells in HoT: Stop the speculation and either JOIN BETA to see what's really going to happen or keep an eye out on Lucy. Go to alla, mouse over database, then mouse over items/equipment, then click on Lucy. Once there, click on the left where it says Test, then click on mage. You'll get all the new spells in a rough state. I don't like the speculation because people complaining here aren't helping out and it's all speculation because you don't know what the devs have planned for HoT. Get into beta, test stuff, see for yourself, and offer feedback ON THE BETA FORUMS. It's what we need.

So, if you don't like the way pets are now, sign up for beta, once in, test the new pets out. If they aren't where you like them, say so. If they need this or that, do a /feedback and post on the forums. We need voices and testers in Beta if we want to make changes happen. If you don't like dps, join beta and if our dps is too low, say that. Don't like a spell we were given, upset over the loss of a line, or a line didn't see a big enough upgrade then say that. Tuning for HoT is done in beta so all the speculation is too late. Go to beta if you want to effect change for the future.

Speculating on HoT at the moment is like a blind man trying to describe the Mona Lisa.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

As soon as the beta email shows up, I will. The supposed "everyone who went to fan faire" gets into beta apparently doesn't mean everyone because none of those in my guild that went have gotten an email of any sort as yet.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

svenalo wrote:As soon as the beta email shows up, I will. The supposed "everyone who went to fan faire" gets into beta apparently doesn't mean everyone because none of those in my guild that went have gotten an email of any sort as yet.
They still have to sign up and agree to the NDA. It should have all been explained to them. If they didn't get in, they can contact Kiara on the eqlive boards and she'll get them in. FanFaire, if I understand it correctly, does not get you the email unless you sign up for beta; it DOES mean that you are automatically selected for beta if you sign up.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Voragath wrote:
svenalo wrote:As soon as the beta email shows up, I will. The supposed "everyone who went to fan faire" gets into beta apparently doesn't mean everyone because none of those in my guild that went have gotten an email of any sort as yet.
They still have to sign up and agree to the NDA. It should have all been explained to them. If they didn't get in, they can contact Kiara on the eqlive boards and she'll get them in. FanFaire, if I understand it correctly, does not get you the email unless you sign up for beta; it DOES mean that you are automatically selected for beta if you sign up.
It's supposed to yes. The systems in place for it haven't been working well this year. If you signed up before the first round of invites went out you got in. If you signed up even a day after it opened FF accounts aren't being auto-in'd.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

i don't have time to join beta, nor do i know how... i barely have enough time to try and kill light blue UF mobs
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Shardin wrote:light blue UF mobs
Where dat at?