Companion of Necessity

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Companion of Necessity

Post by Piemastaj »

Ott, like I said before your choosing the wrong way to split/pull the mobs. If there are 3 mobs you MUST pull with CoN first, and you MUST pull the mob that is furthest away from the other 2 mobs so as to give it running time and it will avoid hitting CoN. I rarely, if ever have a problem with splitting 3 mobs, and having them all hit my CoN (more or less likely i mess up the pull). I pull around 99% of my play-time outside of raids and this works smurf near 95% of the time for me.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I do it a little differently. If I have to split 3, I just aegis normal pet ... send him into crowd of 3, immediately pop CoN on 1 my pet is not attacking then back my pet off. The one pet attacked will always chase the pet and CoN will aggro and blur off the other 2.
If I have to split 2, I do the same thing. The key is to always have 1 chasing you or your normal pet while CoN keeps the others occupied. This will not work for splitting > 3.
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Piemastaj wrote:Ott, like I said before your choosing the wrong way to split/pull the mobs. If there are 3 mobs you MUST pull with CoN first, and you MUST pull the mob that is furthest away from the other 2 mobs so as to give it running time and it will avoid hitting CoN. I rarely, if ever have a problem with splitting 3 mobs, and having them all hit my CoN (more or less likely i mess up the pull). I pull around 99% of my play-time outside of raids and this works smurf near 95% of the time for me.
Ahh i see where we misunderstood each other, it wasn't a pull i was doing. Either the person pulling got adds and i was trying to lose those adds or i was testing the MB portion of it on easy mobs. I'll try your technic if i need to pull in sticky situations , thanks!
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Ottaro wrote:
Malleria wrote:CoN can only blur up to 2 mobs. So if you cast it on a group of 3, up to 2 of those will be blurred, but they immediately assist the one who wasn't blurred and all 3 chase you.
Ahh, thank you Malleria.

Malleria is correct, however with that being said, CoN rank 2 will most likely be the last AA i buy and I have around 3600 AA's with only the junk AA's left because I have to put the exp somewhere.

I have yet to hear a good reason for extending the time CoN stays up being a benifit.
:D Now if CoN mem-blured 3 or 4 mobs instead of 2 :D -- it would have been one of the 1st AA's I would buy.

Suediwenae...
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

I probably will not buy CoN rank 2 even when I am completely maxed AA and have nothing but Glyphs to buy.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

i have this aa but only use when i accidently pull generals in tosk i rarely use it i think its ridicioulous aa to have to me not much use in it i pull just fine using malo's
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You must not group in hard zones where multiple mobs are then lol. I generally use CoN everytime it pops for the first 30mins or so when I duo/solo until the camp is split. Then malo works perfectly fine, but this AA is $$ for pulling once you figure out how to do it in a way that works for you.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

lol not really i tend to stay out of the hard zones wheres there a lot of mobs i make do tho