Soo... is the game still good?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Cildarian

Soo... is the game still good?

Post by Cildarian »

So is the game still good? how is population on FV/Test these days? curious to see if I should pay the $15 for a month then buy the new expan and whatnot, just to be disappointed. will I still be able to do my favorite tricks? Community? raiding? sigh... idk, really wanna play, but i dont wanna pay then realize imma stop playing after this month : /
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Soo... is the game still good?

Post by Merlaina »

I can't speak about the population on those servers, but I'm still having fun. I think it's all about who you hook up with in game. If you're going it lone wolf you may well get bored after a month and quit again, but if you can find a guild of quality people then that makes the game much more enjoyable.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

It's just $15 to play for a month and find out for yourself. Hell, I spend that much in two days just on lunch.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Considering how cheap the game is to play it is a great deal of fun for the money. If you want to get your money's worth, my suggestion would be to purchase the House of Thule expansion which will launch in three weeks. ( October 12th.) That way you get the orginal game and all expansions and you will have access to all zones.

Mages are doing quite good and are in decent demand on groups and better than we have been in the past on raids. Could improvements be made, you bet. We are not hurting through. The soloing game has kind of morfed since the introduction of cleric mercs as we can now molo in most of the zones with the use of a cleric merc. We can't come close to necros in the solo world but we are probably #1/2 when moloing.

Im not too sure about specific population numbers on FV/test but we just went through a server merger on most of the other servers and the population is the highest it has been in years with contested camps again. The good thing is that all of the progression missions, quests and mobs that you have to kill are mostly instanced so the is little frustration in "cork blocking" advancement in the game.

House of Thule is going to be one of those utility expansions with enhanced bag space, player housing which adds to player tribute mods and increased bank space too. Opens the door (pardon the pun) to a whole bunch of future game/player enhancements too. (NDA will be droping in a week or two so we can say more shortly)

Hope this information helps..
Sunlace

Post by Sunlace »

What Danille wrote. Get HoT and see how you like the game now.

I don't know when you left. If you quit before SoD and UF expansions, Raspers Repository has good write up on gear, progression, spells and such.

Welcome back :P
Cildarian

Post by Cildarian »

Thank's guys will do. I left then came back to mercs and whatnot, didnt like it, made everything too easy. Server merge? wtfyo I am excited as hell now! I hope FV got merged somehow. I feel like Im going to have to grind. And mages in my opinion, dont really need to be any better, I had reversed copied from test back to fv, (no gear of course) in crappy group gear, I was #1 dps, and only 900 AA. Sad. Test, sure, kicked ass, #1 and all that when I was there, but that was test... to do the same on fv in a "?good?" raid guild made me depressed, and in worse gear. Its like people didnt know how to play the class anymore... and all who did know how were either strictly groupers, or in #1 raid guild. Im just sayin, if I come back, start to like some people, join a promising guild, and they turn out ignorant, I am going to be pist. Much love

P.S. Felith where are you?
P.S.S. Much love to the magnificently uber mages of uberdom
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Cildarian wrote:And mages in my opinion, dont really need to be any better.
Your Mage Card has just been revoked.

;)
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Goranothos wrote:
Cildarian wrote:And mages in my opinion, dont really need to be any better.
Your Mage Card has just been revoked.

;)
Yes, all attempts now to summon a pet will result in the druid "Boo Boo" little bear pet. He will also not follow directions, just poop on your shoes.