Weave for HoT

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Weave for HoT

Post by svenalo »

Did we ever finalize what the spell weave for HoT was? For a while it was 4 spells, then there were timing changes and someone thought 5 might be possible, and then I never saw a result (moving from FL to NC sure derailed me following things since mid-September).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Weave for HoT

Post by Voragath »

In the beta gear I was able to do about this on average: spear, RS, fickle, spear, fickle, RS, fickle, bolt. Or something like that. That was having those 4 spells wired. Not sure what an actual raider could do. I'm not even sure that's the best dps weave atm. I really think they should've lowered it so we could add spear in if we were burning and have: spear, RS, fickle, and bolt as the weave.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Best I found was in my regular gear: Ruinous Servant, Clash of Many, Spear, then Bolt. Then it seemed Clash was up again, so it changed to Clash, Ruinous, Spear, Bolt. Its pretty much impossible to throw in a Fickle during a raid burn. Fickle should be our lowest DPS spell out of the 5 on a full all out burn. Where you have 10 pets up and everything. When not on a full burn just duration then Spear, Bolt, Fickle works fine.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

That's what I was thinking for doing with raid burns. Bumping fickle to the end as a possible "if everything else is grey" scenario. I wasn't able to test the weave in raid gear so wasn't sure. Seems like you are going to want to hit RS then TC then the spear, many, bolt weave so you don't waste a spear TC on RS /shrug. Gonna take some experimenting I guess.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You have iirc 1 second of time to put in a different nuke around every 2 to 4 weaves. Which really isnt enough time because during the cast of fickle something else would pop-up and be ready to cast which would hit your DPS some. I only was able to parse once or twice, but I was stupid when I did it so couldn't post them (chained clash til i was OOM even w/o 10 pets on mob). For a raid weave that is.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

If you use spear get your spell casting subtlety up. That puppy generates some hate. :)
Molak

Post by Molak »

Its very easy to pull agro from air pet now with spear and twincast :D
Sashnia of AB
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Try with Earth lmao. Tested it out and i had pretty much aggro lock until mob was dead with twincast at 5 seconds left :D

quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

earth have a purpose ? no way that aint right lol jk
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I haven't tested since the last pet tune on design lock, but I was molo'ing with air and using spear with no difficulties at max subtlety. Even using TC, spire, fire core, no problems. There's still silent cast aa. Are you all starting off the nuke weave with spear? If so, that's not a good move if trying to control aggro. Then, there's always fade which will drop your aggro back to your pet. There's a few ways to deal with that now.

On earth though...wtf? That's just plain broken. Stuff we could have fixed but they dropped the ball.