Rumbling vs Ruinous

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
nako
Conjurer

Rumbling vs Ruinous

Post by nako »

Hi All,

Trying to figure out which HoT spells to buy first. Do the AA's for Rumbling Servant (hastened, extended, etc) affect Ruinous Servant also? If not, I'm assuming Ruinous RK1 (or even RK2) wouldn't be an upgrade to Rumbling RK3 (with AA's and robe foci).

Anyone have RK1/2 and can say differently (IE: crazy dps -- or yes, the aa's affect them)?

As it stands now, RmS RK3 has a duration of ~32sec and a recast of 12 sec, RnS RK1/RK2 would have a duration of 21/25 sec and 18 sec recast. Unless the RmS AA's affect them, Ruinous would literally have to hit for more than 2k base damage to be an upgrade.

Thanks.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Re: Rumbling vs Ruinous

Post by Mindrix »

In old content, lvl 85 RS Rk 3 should be better, due to extension. In current content, usually, the Rank 1 is even, rank 2 is normally much better. I shifted over because I've got the mana pool & radiant's headach is gone (realize, I run raids; less headaches is better for me!).

I haven't seen the parses, and I haven't done them myself. If anyone has some beta parses on them, it'd be good. Also, there's a mana efficiency issue. If you don't have new focuses (which you most likely do not), then staying with the old one with be more efficient. But don't underestimate that level difference @ max level content. That was our huge mistake in TSS. (though it was too late to get RS pet done in time)
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Thank You :)
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

nako wrote:Do the AA's for Rumbling Servant (hastened, extended, etc) affect Ruinous Servant also?
So, do they or don't they? Wasted AAs (now), if they don't. :-/
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

They do.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Malleria wrote:They do.
:) Good news. Out of curiosity, do those same AAs affect the lower level RS pets also?
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

I don't think so no. They only affect Ruinous because beta mages insisted on it. I haven't tested it, but i'd be surprised if they affected anything below Rumbling.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

What about the robes such as the ones you and I are wearing that have "Mag Rumbling Servant Pet Dur"? Do they affect Ruinous Servant? Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere....
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

No :( The robe's are still spell specific. The new HoT robes will affect Ruinous, but SoD and UF are still only for Rumbling.
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

We really need to collect info like this in our library. I just did a google search and eventually found this thread, usually that seems faster then reading thread after thread that "might" talk about what I'm trying to find out.