Low level pet pulling still working or no?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Low level pet pulling still working or no?

Post by Merlaina »

Before I left for a couple of years there was a trick to pet pull mobs single, even in a crowded room. I used it to pull the Wraith of a Shissar from the Amy knight temple in Fear. I'm just curious if this still works or did they fix/nerf it?
Darkenr
Volunteer

Re: Low level pet pulling still working or no?

Post by Darkenr »

That has been fixed and no longer works.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

"Fixed" = NERFED

Was a big thread on the old boards where we all cried but it got us nowhere.

They said the GPP was a bug that they let go for years until IIRC certain pulling classes complained that mages could pull the named out of a room full of adds on raids in DODH i think.

So now those classes in addition to FD can mez and memblur and we have 12 second CoN.

Hey sore spot /rant off.

Suediwenae...
Rylden Riptide
Arch Convoker

Post by Rylden Riptide »

qibrme wrote:So now those classes in addition to FD can mez and memblur and we have 12 second CoN.
Amen.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Ermm, it was fixed, not nerfed. We were never intended to be pullers, EVER. We were lucky we even got CoN as a compromise. The FD class's mez is hardly anywhere NEAR as powerful as the real mezzers out there, and memblur like fade makes sense for a class like say a bard who is intended to control the mind of foes.

Look at the straight up facts. Mages were never once intended to be split pullers (it doesn't matter that it was a bug that's been around for years, it was unbalancing that mages could pull a mob single easier than the best pulling classes out there, and in some cases able to pull mobs single that were just plain MEANT to be pulled with adds), just as say monks were never intended to be mezzers.

Mages got a gimped form of being able to split pull, CoN.

Monks got a gimped form of being able to mez to augment their pulling abilities and help offset a tad of the addition of Fade to bards.

The way I see it is we both got compromise abilities.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it immensly that we had the ability to pet pull for so many years, and yes I was quite bummed that it got "fixed", but the fact remains that it was NEVER intended for mages to have this ability, and it was a bug in the agro assist code, hence it was a bug fix, not a nerf when we were never intended to have the ability in the first place.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

You can call it whatever you want.

In this scenario it's both a fix and a nerf.

It's a fix in that, it was never intended to be used as a pulling tool and keep in mind this was not limited to mages. All pet classes with the ability to control their pets could pull it off.

It's a nerf in the fact that many things that was not intended have been left in. Example: FD was never intended as a pulling tool and the devs themselves said so. However, FD classes got better FDs and some got tools to compliment that FD, making them even better pullers.

However, take it as a blessing that this got fixed. People are already screaming the nerf mages tune, saying mages are too powerful as is. Can you imagine if we were also able to single pull anything with the best of them? I'd hate to see how big that nerf bat upon us mages would be.
Rylden Riptide
Arch Convoker

Post by Rylden Riptide »

Oh please - if something is in the game for ten years without the word 'boo' about it and does not even get acknowledged until another class board finds out about it - it's a nerf. period.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Rylden Riptide wrote:Oh please - if something is in the game for ten years without the word 'boo' about it and does not even get acknowledged until another class board finds out about it - it's a nerf. period.
Bug fix. :mrgreen:
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Sillaen wrote: It's a nerf in the fact that many things that was not intended have been left in. Example: FD was never intended as a pulling tool and the devs themselves said so. However, FD classes got better FDs and some got tools to compliment that FD, making them even better pullers.
But at the same time they liked how it was being used as a pulling tool, and thought it was a good side effect and great way to get the FD classes some good utility and decided to keep it. Once pet pulling was brought to the devs attention, they realized it was breaking some events that they took measures to not be splittable, and that's when it became an issue and was fixed. They were ok with and wanted monks to be pullers, they were NOT ok with, and did NOT want mages to be pullers, but in the end were still even willing to compromise with us a little bit (CoN).

I fully agree with the count it as a blessing comment though. It's going to be hard enough to watch how much we may end up stagnating in underfoot without a level cap increase the way it is currently.
Danille

Post by Danille »

The only reason why it was fixed is that they changed the way aggro works to create out of combat regen.