Naggy/Vox Item Cheatsheet

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: Naggy/Vox Item Cheatsheet

Post by Malleria »

Kendrick_Prexus wrote:The average group player grinding these out will take months to get several peices of gear. We ran two missions last night and it took 3 hours. The solB one and the lguk one. I ended up with 7 brews for the night because I got lucky on a roll and won a random chest loot to sell back for 5 brews. So out of the 10 players that were in those two missions two of us ended the night with 7 brews and the other 8 ended the night with 2 brews.

Everyone posts about the uber 6 boxing toon that nails down 18 brews per day and will have full gear from this in 2 weeks.
I call BS, that player isnt the norm, the average grouper who will use this gear will be lucky to have one raid piece after a month of work. Thats one raid lvl piece that is 80% of a tower piece and thats if they can find a naggy/vox open raid. I have been on 2 so far and both have wiped, one with 28 players and one with 18.
I feel its worth pointing out, this isn't just a problem with boxers. For the last few days on Cazic, groupers using /LFG have actually been advertising for groups of 2-3 people, to increase their odds of winning the chest drop. The missions are so god awful easy, 2 people can do them. These are "average" groupers i'm afraid.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

There's a lot of nasty bugs in them, which is also part of the problem. People apparently have also found ways to by-pass lockouts, at least for 1 character, so they can then farm them down. If you add in someone using MQ (which would be completely safe in an instance with no one else), you start to see how easy pickings these things are.
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

I'm letting the nerfs go through before committing time to this farce.
Kendrick_Prexus

Post by Kendrick_Prexus »

The nerf has essentially killed the OMM's on Prexus. I used to log in and see 40-50 toons in PoK and had a pickup group within 10 mins doing the 3 missions.

Now when I log in I see 20 people in PoK and looked for a group for 40 mins last night before heading out to start Void E progression.

This reminds me of the nerf to MM's back in HHK. They released the HHK monster missions on a double experience weekend and we had 200 people in HHK excited about gaining some nice experience. Then they nerfed them so bad nobody did them anymore. We even had old guildes who hadnt logged in in months come back for HHK.

These MM's could have had the same effect. They could have provided some nice catch up gear for all types of players. As it is I may be able to squeeze out 28 brews to get the tash clickie and a nice aug and after that why bother. Once again SOE over-reacts because Raiders whine. Dropping the HEM on the raid items 100-150 pts would have preserved the raid whiners ego while still offering nice upgrades to work toward. But instead the nerf it all to hell by requiring raid flags....../sigh
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

Pretty much the exact opposite effect here as whining from raiders had in wow about "welfare epix". Could be one of the reasons they have 10x the subscriber base.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Kendrick_Prexus wrote:These MM's could have had the same effect. They could have provided some nice catch up gear for all types of players. As it is I may be able to squeeze out 28 brews to get the tash clickie and a nice aug and after that why bother. Once again SOE over-reacts because Raiders whine. Dropping the HEM on the raid items 100-150 pts would have preserved the raid whiners ego while still offering nice upgrades to work toward. But instead the nerf it all to hell by requiring raid flags....../sigh
Your second sentence is correct, it's "catch up" gear, not a new level of gear to work towards. Groupers get gear ~1 tier down from max, raiders get gear ~1 tier down from max.