Who plans on playing there?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Jedis
Administrator

Who plans on playing there?

Post by Jedis »

I'm debating playing. I think it would be fun, but not sure how long I would end up staying before the newness wore off and I would be back to playing on Povar.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Who plans on playing there?

Post by Voragath »

I plan on at least trying out the server. I doubt mercs will be active from the beginning so it could be a little rough on class choice. I'll probably pick a bard just to see what it was like in the beginning (hopefully minus the carpal tunnel inducing singing; as in, there better be /melody). Not a solo class so I might still roll a mage anyway :twisted:
Brie

Post by Brie »

A group of guildies and I are thinking of playing there at least for a little while. I'm likely going to try an enchanter, because I've never played one seriously before. I have too many mages across servers to think of rolling another one :p
Taron, 87 Mage, Nameless
Sigil of the Dragon
~Sigils~
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I played on the last progression server. It was fun for awhile then things went blech so I went back to Saryrn (now Bertox).
Rylden Riptide
Arch Convoker

Post by Rylden Riptide »

Well, the fact that it's time-locked - rather than race through content as quickly as possible, I think means it may be enjoyable for awhile. I'm certainly going to give it a go, however I doubt I will choose magician this time.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Time locked as in how long before Kunark is added, etc.?
Rylden Riptide
Arch Convoker

Post by Rylden Riptide »

Goranothos wrote:Time locked as in how long before Kunark is added, etc.?
Yes, once content in an expansion (or classic) has all been defeated, a 90 day clock begins. During the last week, all characters level 30+ (to be adjusted per expansion) will be able to vote on whether to open then next expansion, or to wait another 90 days. That way, it's not one guild pushing all content forward, and instead allowing the whole server to decide via democracy.
Varalla

Post by Varalla »

I was really excited but couldn't get into the first one, so I went with the second server.
It was pretty packed and it was hard to find mobs.
Then I noticed OOC regen was disabled.
Then I subconsciously tried to click a mount I didn't have.
I then noticed that the XP reduced hard core and there are no fellowships.

I was looking forward to the old school EQ and didn't think the little things would bother me.
They did.
So I rationalized just putting the server on the back burner and wait till the expansions unlock to the point where I had mounts and fellowships and OOC regen and such.

Then it donned on me.
"Why not just continue with my current server?"

I don't know how I Jedi mind tricked myself into thinking I would like the Classic server. LOL
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

It is generally the way of memories that you forget all the annoying things and just remember the nostaliga...but in general again once you go back to that world, even a close approximation like the TLP servers, it is a culture shock moment. I expect a lot of folks caught up in the initial wave of euphoria will have the same reaction down the road.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

And we must remember, even though they seem "old school", they really aren't. When I first started EQ, there was no PoK, you had to run, take a boat, or bum a port to get anywhere, pets weren't beta neutral, pets died if you went invis, pets would not zone with you, you had to stare at your spell book while medding, etc., etc. None of this seems to be in place on the TLP servers. And no, I would never want to go back to that anyway.