EM11+ drop rates

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: EM11+ drop rates

Post by Savil »

Drops for pet foci are stupid rare, you guys can all think Kozvar for this. Hes the on that yelled about how "common" they were in SoD, and thus they were nerfed to all hell and back. I know out of all the time we've done UF / HoT we've only got like 5 foci from em9-em12.

I know I have personally told the devs in emails / PM's about the rarity of the foci and was told they were working on it (this was like 2-3 months ago) yet clearly nothing has changed.

As usual, this issues hits mages harder than any other class.

Savil
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

We had 1 EM9 from Queen (UF), 3 EM11s from conv, 6 EM11s from T2 HoT and 3 EM12s from T3 HoT and zero EM13s from SS raids and we beat the raid it drops from 2 months ago. I can guarentee the EM13 ain't gonna be cheap when it drops and at the rate its dropping no chance all our mages will have one b4 next expansion.
Last edited by Conjurous on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The only event with a decent drop rate seems to be the HoT T3 Alkabor one - we have a 50% drop rate on that one. EM13 from SS3 we are 0 for8 now...
Last edited by svenalo on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

One of the responses I got back from a dev about this very topic a month or so ago (when we were all talking about the same thing is SW mage) was:

Working as intended.

Another said:

Were looking into it.

I'll see if I can find the emails and repost them all .. but the point is, don't hold your breath for anything to change this exp. If were lucky we can get this addressed during the next exp along with the rest of the issues.

Savil
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

I tried to warn Piestro that devs only really listen to the CL's, and he should seriously consider that when he made his changes to the program. But he completely ignored it, /shrug.
Gennaveeve
Trial Member

Post by Gennaveeve »

EM XI Loyalist Dedication Earring dropped in Convo Event 5 6/15/11. If I am correct, we have won Event 5 approximately 4-5 times. I just know I am EXTREMELY lucky to have gotten it! :)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

That you are.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

We got the EMXI ear from HoT T2 the 2nd time we did it. Of course a huge bidding war ensued over it and we spent massive DKP on that one because we know it's rare.

Anyway, we're into double digit kills now and have never seen another one.
Nenamile

Post by Nenamile »

We had zero from Queen and BT, one from Well that went to a beastlord (and I can't blame her one mage sick and one had a power cut) and one from Hall of Records. Nothing from anywhere else in T2 HoT despite farming it weekly while we accumulated keys and nothing more from Hall of Records despite a weekly clear of Convo. It appears we are heading into T3 with a grand total of two which is frankly crazy.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

Also sucks u pretty much see at least 1 melee weapon per event in HoT, sometimes more and when there is bonus loot its nearly always a weapon as well.