new stuff

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Re: new stuff

Post by Tacoma2586 »

no offense nyl but if you dont have a way to self invis by now thats kinda sad but also what raids you doin that you really going to move around invis or have to. theres not many.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Getting to raids still requires invis though. I agree everyone serious about raiding should have a form of self invis (and the common sense to click another pot if your current one is about to fade), but mages in a lot of guilds are expected to provide invis stones to non-invis classes. Realistically it should come in spell form, not AA. Simply changing Gift of Daybreak to only summon the stone would solve the problem. It's just a shame we have such an incompetent spell dev.
Nylrem0fTest

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

I'm on test, and we unfortunately are lucky if we get 30 players show up to raid... we still struggle with UF tier 1 raids :( For us, is required to have a FIXED invis before moving to set up on Beast or moving through House lower clock raid. I don't play one, but I wasn't aware that Pally or Cleric had a fixed invis available at all for themselves in the entire game. Not sure about monks since we don't have a single one that raids with us any more.

And since I touched on the topic, since we aren't ever goin to get a server merge for test it looks like, if anyone is willing to /testcopy and wants to come assist (if testcopy ever works again) we could sure use the help :)
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Honestly why would you not find this useful?

gate to pet aa

I can think of many uses. I mainly raid, but if you like to solo or group this could be very useful. You tell pet to guard here. You run off for a turn in at an npc. Gate back to pet. I would have used that a lot on some quests. Your in a group. Someone yells out item X rotting. It is an upgrade for you. You tell the group you will be right back. Tell pet to guard here. Invis and run to item, loot it, gate back to pet. Time saved. Your at a camp, and want to see if another camp is open. You ooc no reply. You park pet, run and see ya it is camped. So gate back to your pet. So many uses, yes I would want it.

Not everything needs to be DPS related or only have a benefit if you raid. Think outside of the box and you will find many uses for a gate to pet AA (a smurf fast cast time would make it really valuable). Remember on an expansion you may have a 1000 AA's to spend, you will have some non DPS related. So I am suggesting things I would find useful, if you don't, then make your own list.

As for ultravision on the AA, as said again people only look at the level 90 game or high level, and forget lower level players or progression servers who would find it of use. I just suggested making it part of the aa for enduring breath aa. Not a new aa, just add to it, as said helps on progression server as Powater in PoP would make that AA a top choice as Faeruin is not common at all at that level.

A trargeted invis stone as a spell (or AA) would be very valuable. I am asked for these as we set up for raids every time. Clerics, paladins and warriors ask for them all the time. Reason:

Want to get to 2nd floor of HoT. Sure you may have a clickie invis but it can and does fade as not a fixed duration. If you raid Convortium still you want a fixed duration invis for the run. If you run to SS, again you want fixed invis for those classes as the clickies and potions can and do fade before you reach your destination at times. I gather you have never seen that happen to some, good for you. Right now anyone that wants an invis stone gets a Gift of Daybreak. Just the invis stone would be a lot nicer, and would not take a lot of time to code. Also as said this was a highly requested item, and was in Gift of Daybreak and requested time after time to make it it's own spell but was not done. So yes many still want it and so will those that get Gift and destroy all but the stone.

Remember the request was for a list of AA's, not said but implied for the next expansion, and there are always some that are fillers. So my fillers are useful to me and for those up and coming players or on a progression server.

If we can get code support:

Pet swap AA

Calebe
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Tacoma2586 wrote:really? targeted summon invis stone lol. / gate to pet aa ? sigh we want good things not crap.
Because right now it is a pita to mem the grant daybreak spell, cast it, go mem the other spell I just replaced, start on my way to point whatever, and get asked for another invis stone. In this day and age everyone should have access to some kind of fixed duration invis clickie or aa or spell or something...however many classes such as clerics do not, so as being on the good side to the clerics is generally in one's best interest, getting them a invis stone is something you do even when it is a pita. An AA would make it less of one.

That all said, is it a game changing OMG we gotta have it idea? No. But it would be helpful and used a hell of a lot more than some of the other ideas for AA's and spells that have gone in and actually been implemented.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Nylrem0fTest wrote:I'm on test, and we unfortunately are lucky if we get 30 players show up to raid... we still struggle with UF tier 1 raids :( For us, is required to have a FIXED invis before moving to set up on Beast or moving through House lower clock raid. I don't play one, but I wasn't aware that Pally or Cleric had a fixed invis available at all for themselves in the entire game. Not sure about monks since we don't have a single one that raids with us any more.

And since I touched on the topic, since we aren't ever goin to get a server merge for test it looks like, if anyone is willing to /testcopy and wants to come assist (if testcopy ever works again) we could sure use the help :)
It is required in my guild as well to that everyone have a way to invis and shrink and so on. It's right there in the charter. It, however, isn't enforced (how do you enforce it when one of the RL's is the one that asks for the item on occasion) and when you are asked for the stone you just summon it and grumble to the other mages - better that than wasting time waiting for someone's CR or the fallout of a train.

So, if you don't want to give us an AA or spell to grant invis stones to others (without all the crap in the daybreak bag), then just give all the other classes a fixed invis AA (all they need is a short duration one with short recast so they can run through some section). I don't really care how it's done...but it is time it is done.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

hmm nyl you dont need to invis to start spot for beast at all. he wont attack/move if u even get to edge of island hes on. also dont need invis when moving thru HoT lower raid. nothing can aggro except rotdogs and they see thru everything just fyi. and i understand some people dont have an invis spell or something but if your giving people invis stone before raid 1 they need to get their own and 2 you have the time to cast it and hand to them. but i do raid often and honestly people dont ask me for invis stones. havent for 6-8months now. just nowadays my guild knows they should have an invis setup themselves is all. but every guild is diff.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

My guild hadn't asked for like half a year, then we started raiding various spots in HoT and those that had wanted them in the past wanted them again to get to the various mobs for starting events/instances...as well as on occasion convo. They don't want them for inside the instances - its for getting there before banners are set.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I haven't been asked for an invis stone in probably 6+months. If your in a guild that raids and people dont have an invis for themselves you have a big problem. There are plenty of otherways to invis, and if a class that cant invis by themselves they shouldn't be running to the set-up spot and wait for a banner. Am I against getting them? No, I believe we should have gotten it added during HoT beta. Are they high on a list? Absolutely not imho for the reasons I stated above. And I agree with Mall, it should come from a spell.

As for the ultravision stuff, it is on level 37 helms. No need to spend time on it to get it added to an AA.

I wouldn't have much use for a pet gate AA, and I could see it being un-magely seeing as it would be like a secondary bind type thing. I might use it, but probably not seeing as I generally want my pet with me at all times incase a named spawns or something bad happens. Don't really think we should get AAs that encourage us to be away from our pets since they are our life-line, that is just my opinion though.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Piemastaj wrote:If your in a guild that raids and people dont have an invis for themselves you have a big problem. There are plenty of otherways to invis, and if a class that cant invis by themselves they shouldn't be running to the set-up spot and wait for a banner.
I agree totally. Doesn't change the situation, though, as much as I wish it would.