new stuff

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Re: new stuff

Post by Aumeldarie »

Calebe wrote:Hastened improved twincast AA

New rod aa's for level increase

Level 91 would be 8500 mana returned for xxxxx hit points

Level 93 Would be 10,000 mana returned for xxxxx hit points.

Level 95 would be 12,000 mana returned for xxxxx hit points.

Hit points taken up to the devs and mana returned can be negotiated up (I hope) or down but with huge mana pools of today they seems reasonable.

As always a new GoM AA up to new level cap.

Upgrade Aegis of Kildrum AA to absorb 1 then 2 more hits 2 level AA increase.

An upgraded Pet in a Shell to absorb more before fading.

A pet only AA Damage shield. More powerful then the spell version, lasts for 60 minutes. Useful if your pet is tanking.

AA's to improve swarm pets and Servant of Ro.

Improved pet mend AA to heal it for more. The current one is getting out dated on amount healed.

AA to improve the chance for innate twin cast to proc.

Hastened call of hero AA. drop the recast time.

Group call of hero AA. call the group to your location. Would eliminate need for hastened call of hero AA. (or make the hastened a pre-req for the group call of hero. would allow more filler AA's).

Incorporate Ultra Vision into the breath underwater AA from PoP expansion.

AA to remove the chance for a gate to collapse. After 90+ levels it about time a gate no longer collapses.

More ranks for Force of elements to do more damage.

Improved Malsinia AA to debuff for more.

Turned summoned AA improvement IF there will be enough summoned mobs in a new expansion to make it warranted otherwise no need.

Gate to pet AA. Tell pet to guard here and you roam, and then gate back to pet.

Just a few quick ideas.

Calebe

I know this was a quick list done while EQ was down iirc but the main thing it's lacking imo are some of the big DPS AA's that had been discussed. I know we are all hoping for increased level cap but afaik it has not been announced that this will be happening. If it does not increase going off of prior expansions that did not have level cap increases the main place us casters will be getting a DPS increase would be in our AA's. I would hope that given our current end game state that with our without a level cap increase we need some of the increased spell damage that was discussed but we had also discussed some AA ideas. One was the Prolonged Destruction or whatever it's called that wizzy's get to help with our burst DPS. Heck even clerics get one like that. It makes all their spells crit for an increased cost in mana for a short duration (going off memory of my alt cleric here). Another was giving fire core a huge increase I know there is an increase that was slated to take effect this month but many had said it wasn't enough (I don't know if it was or not personally). So all of the fluff is fun and trust me I would love to see 3k AA's every expansion but since we are more limited than that I would prefer to come out asking for the DPS increases in the front and the fluff can stay in the back if there is room/time.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Test Notes (mage only updates):

Magician - Spear of Magma has been increased in damage but will be less efficient.

Magician - Increased the min/max damage bonus for Fire Core starting with Rank 2 scaling up to Rank 5.

Wizard - Acute Focus of Arcanum should now correctly focus spells up to level 90. (Was already said this will effect the spell for everyone).

Next patch should be a good one for us, the only issue I have found was:

Items that increase skills now have a cap on how much skill they can increase. For existing items, this cap has been set to the current maximum possible for that skill.

Could possibly mean the LDoN augments get a nerf to them.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Did they mention how much more damage spear will do or any mention of a cast/recast time reduction? Level 90 spells are at a premium for us at the moment so rank 2 I hope gets a good increase as well as rank 3. I checked Lucy but it shows the same information on both test and live for Spear. So either not updated or not live yet to test.

Calebe
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

This was a surprise to me (I brought up dmg increases to Eli a few weeks back) so have no ideas what type of an increase we should see.
I would imagine rank 3 will get boosted to somewhere around 15.2k though. Since wizzys rank 3 ethereal fire nuke is at 16.2k dmg. We seem to lack mages on the test server (/testcopy being broken does not help) so no idea when we will know for sure.

EDIT: Rank 1: 661 dmg increase for 241 mana increase. Rank 2: 751 dmg increase for 304 mana increase. no idea on rank 3.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Mon May 16, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Piemastaj wrote: Magician - Spear of Magma has been increased in damage but will be less efficient.
That was completely unnecessary. An increase to burst potential should not come with a sacrifice to our sustained. The spell should have been left alone entirely. There are plenty of other ways to fix the problem.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

No, we should have gotten a type 3 of it. Would have increased our burst w/o messing around with our sustained.

svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Yeah a type 3 woulda done it.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Not bad increases, more of course is always welcome, but that should help, and with fire core boost even more so. Just wish I have a level 90 toon on test, but my test copy from way back was only level 85 and lacking to much gear.

Calebe
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

same here cal. and dont think any1 dislikes the dmg increase just our mana costs r thru the roof now with 2 spells over 3k mana now.

Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Not like fire spells have ever been that reliable, so here we go again with a spell that refuses to land! I love being shafted :)

May the elements guide and protect you.