new stuff

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Re: new stuff

Post by Calebe »

I like the list Voragath, and I especially like the (inflated of course) part. Lets not make any suggestions that are bare minimum, and won't let us catch up in the DPS department, if they were to modify it. If making suggestions inflate it, or let them make it, and then we argue to make it better. We need help and lets be our own best allies this time, and not say oh no not that it is to much. If it is we say thank you, and behave like a necro and not show our parses :)

Calebe
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Ben and I have also had some luck with devs responding to us. Once we have a finalized list I will PM the correct dev it aswell so we have more then 1 person doing it.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Ok, I'll be sending this list out at 10pst unless someone else has to add to it. And that's a great idea, Piemastaj.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Voragath wrote:Ok, I'll be sending this list out at 10pst unless someone else has to add to it. And that's a great idea, Piemastaj.
Thx Voragath.
Just a couple of clarifications from items you might have taken from my post:
Voragath wrote: Unlimited hits for shock of many (or maybe just increasing how much each hit does)

Increase the damage of all nukes and reduce recast times.
[quote="Sued”]

Spear of Magma and Bolt of Rhyolite: Ask to lower cast and recast times
Sued...[/quote]

Recast times was meant to be separate from increase damage.

[quote="Sued”]
Clash of Many: Ask for unlimited strikes (or at least 20)

and all strikes to hit for 2285? Why does it only escalate on strike 8 & 9?
1: Decrease Hit points by 1015
2: Decrease Hit points by 1015
3: Decrease Hit points by 1015
4: Decrease Hit points by 1015
5: Decrease Hit points by 1015
6: Decrease Hit points by 1015
7: Decrease Hit points by 1015
8: Decrease Hit points by 1523
9: Decrease Hit points by 2285
Sued...[/quote]

Again increased number of strikes was a separate issue from increase damage per strike.

Sued…
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I PMed Eli just now. Sent the list out along with some other stuff I saw in mage chat or on the boards. Hopefully we can get some stuff done.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Sillaen wrote:Yes, I'm stubborn so I got another pet idea for yah.

Burnout Destruction
4: Increase Haste v3 by 60%
7: Increase STR by 150
9: Increase ATK by 1000
10: Increase Chance to Hit by 60% with All Skills
11: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 600%

Duration: 120 secs
Not affected by Focus
Not stackable with FBO (separate timers)
Refresh: 30 min
Target Type: Raid

Effect: Quadruple the DPS output of pet for 120 secs at the end of which it explodes (suicides on target) for significant damage (hehe, the original burnout pet - Rage of Zomm). It also renders pet invulnerable to all forms of non direct physical damage.

HAHAHAHAHA, only 4x huh!? The very last thing I want is for my freaking pet to die on a raid, WHY would I use an ability that would KILL MY PET. You would drive buffers NUTS asking for rebuffs and end up never getting pet buffs over this.

This is just how burnout USED TO BE, and NOBODY USED IT. It was stupid then and its stupid now. Every year somebody asks for this type of CRAP. Stop asking for stuff that will kill off pets. Learn how to play a raid mage before making suggestions please.

Savil
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Exactly. Asking for something that kills the pet is counterproductive at best.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

THanks, Sued. Got it. Now, time to see what, if anything, happens. If I get any type of response, I'll post about it here.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Savil wrote:
Sillaen wrote:Yes, I'm stubborn so I got another pet idea for yah.

Burnout Destruction
4: Increase Haste v3 by 60%
7: Increase STR by 150
9: Increase ATK by 1000
10: Increase Chance to Hit by 60% with All Skills
11: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 600%

Duration: 120 secs
Not affected by Focus
Not stackable with FBO (separate timers)
Refresh: 30 min
Target Type: Raid

Effect: Quadruple the DPS output of pet for 120 secs at the end of which it explodes (suicides on target) for significant damage (hehe, the original burnout pet - Rage of Zomm). It also renders pet invulnerable to all forms of non direct physical damage.

HAHAHAHAHA, only 4x huh!? The very last thing I want is for my freaking pet to die on a raid, WHY would I use an ability that would KILL MY PET. You would drive buffers NUTS asking for rebuffs and end up never getting pet buffs over this.

This is just how burnout USED TO BE, and NOBODY USED IT. It was stupid then and its stupid now. Every year somebody asks for this type of CRAP. Stop asking for stuff that will kill off pets. Learn how to play a raid mage before making suggestions please.

Savil
If done right though it could be very powerful. Keep one buffed pet pocketed the make a second one. Normal buffs (iceflame, BO) then put this on them. When it explodes just bring out the pocketed pet for the duration of the fight. When the fight is over suspend your buffed pet, make a new pet with the minimal compliment of buffs again....rinse repeat.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

When your talking about damage per second, having to get rid of a pet then bring down another pet takes up precious seconds. That would make us lose out on probably 2 nukes, not to mention run time if ur not under the mob. Not a big fan of losing a pet ever, we have enough to worry about with AEs and such let alone one of our own abilities killing our pet.