new stuff

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
benhan
Magician

new stuff

Post by benhan »

okay so alot mages want more dps in forms of spell dps not via pets so give me ideas on what u want

for pets ( just ideas with spell dps not pet dps boost)
hastend pet fade
more fbo ranks
better pet shared health

spells
get rid of rains ( not alot use a waste of spell slot etc)
new spear of ro upgrade to fire one and a new magic one ( burst dps weave)
mix fickle fire with sands fast nuke with proc
upgrades to both beams
make clash it was suppose to be 5 pets reg dmg
6 pets last nuke x2 base
7 pet x3 nuke base
8 pets x4 nuke base

suggestion ideas or add ons.
make mod rods more mana hp ratio better.
harvest upgrade
pet focus on armour or easier to get
resist mods on spells -- this is a important one but dev wont give us just yet
new pet symbious-- nuke pet for say 10k we get basic mana regen upgrade but say a 2k heal-- rank 2 2.5k heal and rank 3 3k heal
benhan
Magician

Re: new stuff

Post by benhan »

okay pet rant..

i became a mage to have a wtf awsome pet same with others but its been brought up we will be way OP in grp game with a strong pet so here are my ideas on how we can fix this.

atm pet focuses are rare as hell and this is hurting us really really bad. in sod we were good dps cause we got pet focuses fast. but that also made people make alt mages get best focus and have a so called i win button which to a extend is true. so,...

lets try this theres 3 raid pet focuses 3 grp pet focuses to get the grp ones u need to complete that tier ( u cant skip a tier) to unlock them via type 3 aug ment. and for raids u need that grp tier and say 2 raids for tier 1 raid pet focus for tier 2 u need tier 1 and 2 missions done and say 4 raids. for tier 3 u need all tiers in grp game complete and say 6 raids. to unlock them via vendor for type 3. now when i say 2-4-6 raids im saying any raids so if theres 14 raids in the expan u need atleast 6 of them and all grp missions and u unlock the top pet focus. that would make it fair so u cant just make a alt and get strongest pet ever. i mean u could but ud have to unlock it via raids and missions which means u worked on it not just TA bam top pet focus.

if we dont our class is going to suffer greatly because the gap with our pets atm is huge take a mage with em 11 compared to em 9 the pet is almost double the dps. (overall with rage crits flurries etc) we need pet focuses as a class bad bstys necros dont need them as bad but we do atleast 40% of our dps is from our pets.

so if any suggestions to help this plz post so we can get some people on this. im sure alot of mages are mad having only em 8 for 2 years + cause not 1 pet focused dropped or it dropped and a bsty necro got it.
benhan
Magician

Post by benhan »

spells now

we need a type 3 for these spells

heal-bolt-clash-rage pet-spears-beam

we can delete rains from our upgrades we have beams/and pbae which are better and we can chain them we still cant chain rains. also we either need a HUGE upgrade in our heal spell like 2-3x the base or a twinheal our pets hp is way too high when it has 60k hp and we are healing for crits of 14k doesnt cut it. hell even a crit loh at max rank doesnt fully heal earth pet.

so i suggest these as our permant or only upgrades spells

pet spells --- pet heal- pet pr-- iceflame-pet haste- granite-- aegis if we can-- pet canni-
bolt--beams---fickle--fast nuke-spears-- pbae--splash of lava
ds--grp ds--- spell feedback ds (surge)-- pet def proc(hulking)---ice clicky-- new fire clicky(molten upgrade) harvest

since we got those um AA rods our spell rods are obsolete there on same timer we can scrap those and use aa rods now mana free too and there AE so alot better. scrap ravenous flames its still worthless.. upgrade cauldrun (if we wanted to )

its late im prob missing some but plz post ur suggest ideas.
Danille

Post by Danille »

1) Seems to me that mages could have a spell nuke DPS perma aura modifier stacked as an additional effect on their pet focus aug. It would scale like a regular pet focus aug, but would only activate when a regular pet was not present. (auto toggling like an on off switch)

If a mage was soloing/moloing and using pet as a tank, their nukes would be as they are now in normal mode, but if the mage was in a raid they drop their pet (switching to non-pet dps only mode) and their DPS would still scale to their pet focus level. This would utilize the analysis work already put into the pet focus aug and apply that formula to increase the level of DPS ot the nukes. That way not alot of analysis would be needed for coding time.

This would alow the developers to easily boost our dps to the proper level (adding a few percentages of increase to our present state) without making us as powerful as wizards during raids. Due to the fact that this boost would not be present when our pet is up it would prevent us from being overpowered in the solo/molo game.

2) I agree with the idea for the Spear type three augment spell modifier - that is a no brainer and should have been in the game at HoT launch given the overall inferior DPS issue.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

We don't need a type three augment, pssh. Obviously what we need is bigger damage shields and higher damage on pet weapon procs. Don't you guys know ANYTHING?

***Sarcasm***
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

How about just looking at the post which has all the "what we want" and ideas for how to get it that we posted when they asked for ideas for HoT. It hasn't changed and all of this has been discussed into the ground.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I will never be in favor of losing the pet to up our damage. What you are all forgetting, is that the dps of others is not handicapped like that and neither should we. We need a general over all boost to DPS and that is it. Pets should do more damage, but as the dev said he doesn't want to go that route, then make spear hit for more, make the bolt hit for more. Make both spells cast faster, reduce the recast timer. Make if that RS pet be twin castable and if not make an aa to give a 30 second permanent forced rejuvenation effect, so you can chain rs pets, or spear, or anything you want. 30 second timer, and a 10 minute refresh should work. You will burn mana fast, but that would be pure burst dps. Almost a non stop stream of nukes or spears but at a huge mana drain so you can't keep it up.

Original thinking is needed, but not lose a pet to up DPS. Bad idea in my book. A mage without a pet should be unthinkable to anyone playing a mage.

Calebe
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Calebe wrote: Original thinking is needed, but not lose a pet to up DPS. Bad idea in my book. A mage without a pet should be unthinkable to anyone playing a mage.
We wouldn't be losing our pet. We would be asking for the much needed burst increase that mages need. Pets will NEVER be able to do this for us, unless they get an overall like 30% dmg increase which will make us hugely OP in the group game. Asking for more nuke love and less on pets would mean more or less likely we get marginal upgrades (which we have only gotten that in last 2 expans) for them, and then our nukes get a lot of love. Assuming that means we are losing our pet is absurd.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

If you increase pet damage, you are essentially increasing dot damage and that won't help our raid burst, which is where we are hurting the most. I'm all for helping pets out but it's not going to fix our raid burst, especially with how our pets die at raids. To fix burst, it has to be something that we can do whenever and it has to be fast and short-lived.

Mainly, what's gonna fix our raid burst dps is something that does some serious boosting of nuke damage. I'm sure Eli realizes this but he is probably stuck on a way to make that happen without it being available for groupers to abuse. I sense, the only real way to do this is to slap something on to raid gear, despite the devs' reservations about that idea.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

benhan wrote:okay so alot mages want more dps in forms of spell dps not via pets so give me ideas on what u want
This sounds like it's about the thread on eqforums. In that thread, it is all about raid dps. In raids, pet dps just won't do anything for our burst, which is the only thing that matters in today's eq raids. Trash is so weak that it's just a time sink and devs have said so. Sustained is a thing of the past for raids and mages need to learn that. Sustain is what groups do because they have to constantly pull, with minimal downtime, to spawn that named or grind that xp. The group mage could use some love but the raid mage is seriously crippled.