Aegis of Kildrukaun

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Sampi

Aegis of Kildrukaun

Post by Sampi »

Can anyone tell me if the Aegis of Kildrukaun AA is equivalent to the Rk. I, II or III Aegis of Kildrukaun spell?

Thanks
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Aegis of Kildrukaun

Post by svenalo »

According to Lucy, the mana free (AA) version blocks 8. That would make it the equivalent of RK2.

The good thing is that using the AA version does not cause a spell countdown timer to fire, so you can immediately cast say Tellurian Stance RK1/2/3.

The bad thing is that like the spell version, if you have recently cast say Tellurian Stance RK1/2/3, then the AA is blocked until that refreshes (around 2 minutes to do that).

I've been playing with the AA and find that even though I have RK3 of the spell, the AA is preferrable in a combat situation...if I am OOC and going to have some med time or whatever, then the spell version gives that extra absorbed hit.

Note that stacking of our runes is really important if you are going to use them. You want the rune from iceflame procs to be first, then aegis, then the tellurian stance. Stacked in this manner they can last quite a while longer than they normally would in some other order.
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Post by Gnomeland »

Rk. II Tellurian Stance is not even worth casting most of the times, except in preparation for a very tough fight where you can afford to wait 2 minutes. I find chaining the Aegis AA with the Aegis spell mitigates more damage overtime, since you can do it every 36 or so seconds instead of every 2 minutes.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

That's your opinion.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Gnomeland wrote:Rk. II Tellurian Stance is not even worth casting most of the times, except in preparation for a very tough fight where you can afford to wait 2 minutes. I find chaining the Aegis AA with the Aegis spell mitigates more damage overtime, since you can do it every 36 or so seconds instead of every 2 minutes.
Ummm.....kinda short sighted isn't it?

I still solo a lot in beza and zeka for lesson burns. When TS drops I see a significant increase in the amount of damage my pet takes. Those mobs hit pretty fast but not all that hard. When there's 3-5 mobs beating on my pet aegis does very little; TS on the other hand helps mitigate the amount of damage to the point of me not needing to use much more than AA's to keep my pet up.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Stance and Aegis both have there place. The correct question to ask yourself before picking one to cast on the fly is simple, how much damage is the pet going to be taking? lots of low dmg hits? Stance is clear winner and will make your pet live far longer. Lots of HIGH dmg hits? Aegis is the winner here.

One thing you can do is cast stance and wait for it to recycle, then hit aegis and engage, remember while stance is in recast time, you can't use aegis, not the spell and not the AA, it will show as you can, but clicking it does nothing.

Run the math and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Savil
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Note with the AA you can cast the AA and immediately cast TS unlike if you cast the spell version which has that same lockout behavior on TS as TS does on Aegis.