5/25/11 Patch Message

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: 5/25/11 Patch Message

Post by Savil »

I figured the changes to FC were just the start (according to what I was told) and that more changes to FC were coming once we had solid numbers for the first set. This lead me to believe we were headed in the right direction at long last.

That said, the changes to spear were a complete joke. How a game dev could even push that out and call it an upgrade is just beyond me. So it does indeed appear to be biz as usual at SoE. I kinda feel stupid that I actually believed they were going to try to fix our class.

I don't see the point in parsing or trying any longer, even with good data it seems SoE can't push out solid changes. This is pretty sad, but the spear changes more than prove just how little effort is actually being made at SoE. This is surprising considering what just happened with their company, I would think every single customer would count now. I guess that doesn't include raid mages.

Savil
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: 5/25/11 Patch Message

Post by qibrme »

Savil wrote:I figured the changes to FC were just the start ... I kinda feel stupid that I actually believed they were going to try to fix our class
Savil

No need to feel that way, l adopted a trust but verify attitude long ago. I always want to see the parses before getting overly excited one way or the other.
Since SoE will never release a formal game philosophy statement were they list their vision of what class balance should be or the rankings of which class is first to last, we are left with this FOREVER QUEST to fix our class.
The only thing that is abundantly clear is that our vision for the raiding mage class is a lot different than that of the DEVs.
My idealistic dream is still to have a frank discussion were the DEVs tell us were we stand.
That way we can avoid a lot of pointless debate and decide to remain a mage, roll another class to play another game.

Sued...