5/25/11 Patch Message

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

5/25/11 Patch Message

Post by Calebe »

*** Items ***

- House of Thule Tier 4 group armor AC was a bit lower than it should have been. It has been raised to the proper level.

- Circle spells such as Guardian Circle I will now only land on players, their pets, and mercenaries.

- The Vicious Rabbit will no longer benefit from AAs that affect swarm pets.

- Changed the focus effect on Recondite Rageblade Gauntlets, Ambiguous Rageblade Gauntlets, and Lucid Rageblade Gauntlets to Bubbling Rage. They were incorrectly using the raid focus effect.

- Items that increase skills now have a cap on how much skill they can increase. For existing items, this cap has been set to be equal to its current effect at maximum level.

*** Quests & Events ***

- The First Creation - Corrected a problem with the raid that could cause some players to crash and prevent the First Creation from leaving a corpse.

*** Spells ***

- Bard - Decreased the damage added by Lyrin's Psalm of Potency slightly but added the ability to affect both fire and magic DoT spells.

- Beastlord - Lowered each rank of Focus of Emiq by one HP so it will no longer overwrite Exigent Focusing.

- Beastlord - The positive and negative effects of Nevir's Aggression and Nevir's Protection have been increased.

- Berserker - Shared Bloodlust and Shared Brutality now share a timer.

- Magician - Spear of Magma has been increased in damage but will be less efficient.

- Monk - Drunken Monkey Style should no longer interfere with other combat abilities.

- Necromancer - Moved Ninavero's Swift Lifedraw to its own timer.

- Rogue - Increased the backstab damage done by Battery.

- Shaman - Idols of Malos are now less intrusive.

*** NPC ***

- Translocator Narrik should now have better aim if you ask him for assistance in travelling to Butcherblock Mountains.

- Bindral Argaff in Plane of Knowledge will now accept the Madness of Stomple item.

- Mooto in Al'Kabor's Nightmare should now be less elusive.

- The Summoned Tribute Master is now available to veterans of at least 13 years.

*** AA ***

- Removed the illusion component of many AA based form changing abilities/buffs. The stat/effect bonus is unchanged. The illusions are planned to be added as separate triggered spells in an upcoming update. The affected abilities are:

- - Beastlord - Bestial Alignment

- - Beastlord - Pact of the Wurine

- - Necromancer - Gift of the Grave

- - Ranger - Guardian of the Forest

- - Ranger - Group Guardian of the Forest

- - Shaman - Group Pact of the Wolf

- - Shaman - Rabid Bear

- - Shadowknight - Visage of Death

- Beastlord - Bestial Bloodrage and Divine Companion Aura no longer have a timer conflict.

- Beastlord - Reduced the reuse timer on Diminutive Companion to 1 second.

- Cleric - Purify Soul no longer shares the timer with Group Purify Soul.

- Druid - Fixed a bug with Nature's Fury that was allowing druids to remove the detrimental aspect of the ability.

- Enchanter - Mental Contortion should now (correctly) debuff all weapon skills instead of just 1hb.

- Enchanter - Phantasmic Reflex should no longer conflict with Cleric's Vie line or Shining Rampart. The damage absorbed has also been increased slightly.

- Enchanter - Beguiler's Banishment and Directed Banishment root effects should no longer conflict with Ranger's Flusterbolt line.

- Enchanter - Edict of Command's new ranks are now available for purchase.

- Magician - Increased the min/max damage bonus for Fire Core starting with Rank 2 scaling up to Rank 5.

- Necromancer - Embalmer's Carapace and Dead Man Floating will no longer have conflicting refresh timers.

- Rogue - Precision has been restructured to actually function the way it was intended now, noticeably increasing backstab accuracy. You may begin rejoicing!

- Wizard - Cryomantic Snare will no longer bypass run speed immunities.

- Wizard - Acute Focus of Arcanum should now correctly focus spells up to level 90.

- Wizard - Third Spire of Arcanum Rk 3 should now correctly focus spells up to level 90.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Iksar Warrior-only equipment will not drop in the Plane of Hate on Progression servers until Kunark is available.

- Opal H'Rugla in Neriak is now available on Progression servers.

- The Bloodsaber Defiler's head will now drop on Progression servers.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Fixed a server time out issue with certain container items.

- Tweaked server code to better handle load.

- Fixed a problem that occurred when transferring a plot to someone already on the access list for the plot (the new owner would be locked out).

- Fixed an animation issue when certain mounts were in full gallop.

- Fixed an issue where some data was not properly appearing on the Welcome Screen.

- The "My Plot" search will now only show what you actually own instead of everyone with a similar name as you.

- Fixed an issue that caused some textures that had been down-sampled to never be up-sampled again even when they came within the up-sampling distance.

- Fixed a problem related to texture time-outs always using the far time timeout value, causing them to timeout much faster than they should have.

- Fixed a grouping issue with players changing their names.

*** UI ***

- The Marketplace now has a preview tab so you can instantly preview the items.

- Fixed some crash issues when using a custom UI that doesn't have the "MKPW_Subwindows" element in the Marketplace window.

- Fixed a bug that was causing certain windows to not properly resize when inside tab windows.

- Fixed a bunch of display issues regarding lighting, scaling, and camera angles with the preview window.

- Fixed a bug where the item window wasn't properly displaying the skill mod stat for blunt weapons.

- Fixed a resizing bug where if a window was resized to smaller than its min size during a single cursor move (or to larger than its max size), then no resizing would be done, rather than it being resized to the min/max size. It will now be resized to the min/max size in that situation.

- Changed -

EQUI_Animations.xml

EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml

EQUI_Templates.xml

- The EverQuest Team

Bolded the area's that effect us. Lets see how these changes help.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: 5/25/11 Patch Message

Post by Voragath »

The reuse timer for diminutive companion effects us as well, right?
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Calebe wrote:*** Items ***

- Items that increase skills now have a cap on how much skill they can increase. For existing items, this cap has been set to be equal to its current effect at maximum level.
LDoN Augs frozen at 90, could have been a lot worse I suppose.
Calebe wrote:*** Items ***

- The Vicious Rabbit will no longer benefit from AAs that affect swarm pets.
Bah, I just bought one of these.

Looks like Spear (RKII) went from 2695/13520 --> 2999/14271. Additional 750dmg for 300mana, no comment. Lucy doesn't have new Fire Core data yet.
Last edited by nako on Wed May 25, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

so does this affect the evocation/conjuration augs?

Also, I think this is a nerf on mage/spear because I see a a tiny bit more damage but it doesnt compare to the huge difference in mana usage I noticed.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Well, last night the wizzies with all their "fixes" in this patch and whatnot were bouncing off 50k DPS on the parse on SS event 3 (guild as a whole broke 720k on the last mob)...us mages were roughly in the same spot as we were before the change to spear in the upper teens to low 20's on the fight. So we didn't get much help at all from this change.

As for the evo/conj aug - they are now capped at adding 40 points to your specialization. Still will be significant for some time to come, even with level increases and all I doubt they are going to be adding raw mana augs that add up to the savings you get from the 2 LDoN ones over the course of a decently lengthy fight.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I thought the change to fire core was pretty significant. Went from having a, what, 65% fire focus at level 5 to a 90% focus? That's pretty nice. I had a couple of 80K+ crits last night in raid without a bard and only T3 group sleeves at the time (though I shortly thereafter won some T1 raid sleeves, so yay me).

As for the change to spear, it does hurt its efficiency quite a bit but is nice for burns. Now if only they'd put in a faycite shard for it...
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

[quote="svenalo"]Well, last night the wizzies with all their "fixes" in this patch and whatnot were bouncing off 50k DPS on the parse on SS event 3 (guild as a whole broke 720k on the last mob)...us mages were roughly in the same spot as we were before the change to spear in the upper teens to low 20's on the fight. So we didn't get much help at all from this change.
quote]

And I am sure that you guys use Fire Core rank 5 and all the rest.

My self parses show the same trend -- I have to look really hard to see any difference, and frankly so far I am not seeing SPEAR do damage that is measurable to the extent of saying, "Nice upgrade".

Sued...
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

qibrme wrote:
svenalo wrote:Well, last night the wizzies with all their "fixes" in this patch and whatnot were bouncing off 50k DPS on the parse on SS event 3 (guild as a whole broke 720k on the last mob)...us mages were roughly in the same spot as we were before the change to spear in the upper teens to low 20's on the fight. So we didn't get much help at all from this change.
quote]

And I am sure that you guys use Fire Core rank 5 and all the rest.

My self parses show the same trend -- I have to look really hard to see any difference, and frankly so far I am not seeing SPEAR do damage that is measurable to the extent of saying, "Nice upgrade".

Sued...
Yep.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

You're surprised? The changes were laughable.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

No surprize at all

Sued...