Community round table reps

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
qibrme
Conjurer

Community round table reps

Post by qibrme »

Still see this as the list of community round table reps.
Thought there was supposed to be an updated list after April 2011?
Anyone have a link to the most current list?
Just wanting to know who the curren magician rep, if any, is.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=175696

Sued...
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Community round table reps

Post by Piemastaj »

The latest news on this is that Piestro sent off a list of his reccommendations to the devs and is still waiting to hear back. No new people have been selected afaik yet.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

So do we have the names of the magicians in the running for community rep?
Does the mage community get to vote on our rpeferred choice of those who applied, or does SoE just review resumes and decided based on who writes the best essay?

I think I know the answer and nothing against whoever is selected for the mage rep, but is there any mechanism in place to guard against what happened in the HoT BETA?

Sued...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

We did vote for a new class rep a while back and Voragath won, but I think something like 6 people voted, and there was only one other person running who I hadn't heard of until like 2 weeks before that.

Edit: ok, 9 votes, 7 for Voragath. Found the thread: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=2903
Last edited by Merlaina on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Merlaina wrote:We did vote for a new class rep a while back and Voragath won, but I think something like 6 people voted, and there was only one other person running who I hadn't heard of until like 2 weeks before that.

Edit: ok, 9 votes, 7 for Voragath. Found the thread: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=2903
Poll ended at Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:29 am

Fair enough, I missed that poll.

Again not a shot against Voragath -- (Trust but verify) Assuming Voragath is the only person on the list for SoE class rep???

but is there any mechanism in place to guard against what happened in the HoT BETA?

I know there will be NDA's, etc, but shouldn't we ask for a minimum level of feedback to the mage community and a greater level of communication with the BETA mages when they get choosen for the next expansion?

I would like the see the community rep agreeing to some kind of communication framework.
Voragath may be great now but what happens when the next CR is put in place?
There should be a standard understanding that is posted in a sticky and agreed to up front.

Just my opinion.

Sued...
Last edited by qibrme on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danille

Post by Danille »

There is no mechansim. They pick people based upon their opinion. It is not a demoracy in any way shape or form. You apply, they do a reputation management review of your online presence and if you pass then they decide. (don't shoot the messenger)
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You have to realize, this isn't our game. This is SOE's game. Are they going to pick someone we think is the best fit? Possibly, to make us happy. But if that same person is an asshole in-game, or doesn't see eye to eye with them then they probably wont. From seeing who is in the current program now, they seem to pick people who agree with them. That isn't necessarily a good thing for us, because currently we have someone just like that in their program and he has lead to quite a bit of bad stuff for mages.

They probably wont announce anything until after FF though.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Danille wrote:There is no mechansim. They pick people based upon their opinion. It is not a demoracy in any way shape or form. You apply, they do a reputation management review of your online presence and if you pass then they decide. (don't shoot the messenger)
Danille i understand how it works from SoE's side.

My point is that IMO we as a community should try to establish some standards of OUR expectations for the person who gets choosen to represent us, otherwise we are vunerable both now and in future BETA's to the whims of whoever gets the position.

I have not seen a mage rep who wasn't a Mage Tower member, whether on these new boards or the old boards.
So since the rep comes from our community, we ought to be able to set the guidlines for feedback to these boards and the mage BETA boards in keeping witht he NDA.

Sued...
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Just my opinion but during the next Beta if the class rep is not posting information or acknowledging us at all with a few posts even if to say I hear your requests, concerns, and suggestions and am passing them on. If they don't post we PM a dev and ask them if they see him to please ask him to keep the mage community updated in the Beta Forums. It can't hurt to let them know our class rep is not doing their job. Tulison in last Beta was more then useless he was absent the entire time only to show when it was over and to late to make changes. He claimed he didn't know the many posts concerned with gift of daybreak being just a targeted invis stone. He didn't know of our concern with DPS lacking. He didn't do a smurf thing at all but ignore the beta forum the whole time till the end.

That is not a class rep it is a self serving person who got what he wanted and ignored us and pleaded he didn't know. Of course not he was missing in action. Lets hope we get a new class rep or one that will listen, will post all they are allowed and not be self serving as we had in Tulison and Koz.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, that vote thing we did was to find someone to try and replace what we lost since Tuli had his head up his ass. It wasn't an official CC. I told Pie about the vote but he replied that he was making changes and about a month later he announced the round table thing. A few mages, including myself, put in applications. The way it is set up, they may not necessarily choose any mage at all but I certainly hope they pick one and pick one of the good ones.

Yes, we need our rep in beta to be active. It really screws things over when they are like Koz and Tuli.