Constructs/Summoned Monsters?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
roro

Constructs/Summoned Monsters?

Post by roro »

I was wondering if there's already a list on summoned/construct monsters that our anti summoned spell line works on. I know it works well against mobs in Katta, Fort M, and Paw, etc.

What are some other places that a mage could use the spell line to wreak havoc basically?

Also, what mobs in PoI will the spell work on? (Would it work on Xana or Bemoth?)

I haven't played EQ in about 8months so I bet this doesn't make too much sense, so sorry about that.
Redius
Conjurer

Re: Constructs/Summoned Monsters?

Post by Redius »

works well in warrens vs. the golem looking mobs. SoF is FM, MMM, SHIP, Steam etc.

Basically, any place you see the golem animation or robots, you can use it. (some exceptions apply, i'm sure, but it's good rule of thumb)
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

Ashengate has lots and lots of summoned mobs. Decent experience still and some nice augs that are not lore drop in there. At least on my server (7th Hammer) it is relatively empty all the time. Everything see invis for the most part, but the zone is not that hard. Mobs have a pretty small agro radius. Galvanized Guardian is a good camp on the west wing for this aug.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52806
MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
Augmentation type: 7 8
Slot: HEAD ARMS WRIST HANDS FEET
HP: +90 MANA: +90
SV CORRUPTION: +15
Required level of 75.
WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL
<<note the lack of a lore tag>>

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52411
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
Slot: CHEST LEGS
HP: +100 MANA: +100
SV CORRUPTION: +20
Spell Shield: +6%
Required level of 75.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52240
Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
AC: 30
HP: +60
Required level of 75.
Class: ALL
<<Nice tank augment>>

There are a few other augs as well. Check alla's for the rest.
Image Image
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Ashengate looks like a nice place, thanks for the tip. Out of curiousity are the summoned mobs there close to the zone in area? I've never been there so all my information is gleened off these boards, Allla's (not a premium member) and mapfiend.

Are all the regular mobs resistant to fire or magic? I'm evoc spec'd so magic nukes (except rains) are not very mana efficient.

Any guesses how many HP the mobs have or how much aaxp each mob gives? I realize this is subjective as how much you get is dependant on how many you already have but some kind of a general ballpark would be much appreciated.

The loot is a nice bonus. Are there other mage drops there aside from the augs? Sadly I'm still using some really old augs that need to be replaced badly.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

I have most experience in the west wing. There is a mix of summoned and regular mobs throughout so you will have to kill both. The drakes are not summoned mobs and all mobs have high fire resistance. One other key note, they almost all enrage.
Both summoned and regular mobs are right at the entrance.

They can hit for up to 2k but most hits seem to be in the 400-1200 range.

There are a couple mobs that drop Ritual Summoning focus but I think that is fairly outdated now.

I pretty much stayed at 1 of 2 camps. Argil Oppressor (AC30, 60hps) and Galvanized Guardian (90/90 caster).

None of the mobs run, but there are quite a few wanderers. They also summon.

Not sure on the hit points but I can burn one down in 30 seconds at worst.

AAXP for me was about 3/4 blue with 90/10 split. 90%aa/10%regular.

I have 1300AA so I am not getting any AA bonus.

There is another 100/100 aug that drops of the Ash Arbiter but getting to him is a pain in the ass. Slippery floor and lots of mobs in the way.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52411
Slot: CHEST LEGS
HP: +100 MANA: +100
SV CORRUPTION: +20
Spell Shield: +6%
Required level of 75.
Image Image
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Thanks again Dadani.

For other mages that are looking for somewhat tedious but detailed info about Beza here's a tidbit of what to expect.

Mobs have around 120k-130k HP
Mobs dps averages about 300 against a EM1 focused air pet that has full elegant chain/plate gear.
Mobs gave around 30% aaxp each (17 mobs gave 6aaxp total)....this was during the final 10th anniversary weekend xp modifier so your results may be less. I had about 620aaxp at the time. This is without LotD.
My pet had full raid buffs which included brells, galantry, shaman focus, ranger cloak, earthen stance 2, fortify companion 3, fbo2 when available, epic2 click. yadda yadda yadda.

All this is solo. No merc, just you and your pet.
boo1010

Post by boo1010 »

A weird thing I noticed was that the elementals in POF were not tagged as summoned.
Danille

Post by Danille »

If you want, I am a premium member of allakhazam. I can search Illia's Bestiary by mob type. and happy to email you the results. Just let me know the criteria you want me to use.

see here: Image
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Danille wrote:If you want, I am a premium member of allakhazam. I can search Illia's Bestiary by mob type. and happy to email you the results. Just let me know the criteria you want me to use.
Maybe set the search to level 75-85 mobs. We don't really need to see elementals in Najena ;)

Here is a list for pre-MMM raids that I've been doing lately.

Mobs that you can use AtA nukes on-

1. Octa the Collector
2. Spindlecrank + adds
3. Mining Behemoth +bombs
4. Clankwrench + suits
5. Big Bynn I + golems (but not the crystal spawns).
6. The Golems+stuff they spawn in Deepscar raid, but not minos.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

boo1010 wrote:A weird thing I noticed was that the elementals in POF were not tagged as summoned.
A summoned monster, is summoned because it is not on its home plane. Therefore the mobs in Plane of Fire are NOT summoned, because they're at home. Easy no?