Absor wrote: I like playing a mage

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
qibrme
Conjurer

Absor wrote: I like playing a mage

Post by qibrme »

Zanderon wrote:

What class do you think is most interesting (not necessarily your favorite)?

ETA: And speaking of GU (Love your work, Woody!), this comic reminds me of my question hahahhahahha

Absor responded:
Bard and enchanter. I like a challenge. I censored at it, but I like to do things that are hard, and those classes proved the most challenging. When I need a break, I like playing a mage. Telling people what to do is fun for me, and even if the groups I play with won't listen, at least my pet will.

Those tend to be the types of classes I like to play in most RPGs. I'm well known in my play group as the guy that plays a crappy class (D&D bard!) and complains about how crappy he is.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

:lol: :lol: So why am I not DPS king of EQ? :lol: :lol:

I bet Absor is really Calebe in RL.
His random rolls for loots are way too high for a mage.

Sued...
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Re: Absor wrote: I like playing a mage

Post by Calebe »

My rolls are to high? It is true at times on a random 0-32000 I may roll a in to the 4 digit range, but 5 digits? Usually need smelling salts to wake me from feinting.

Now on the other hand Sued rolled a 29+k the other night, but as his bid came in after the stop was called it didn't count, so while his roll won, he actually lost. Fitting tribute for a mage. I am not sure how it is for other mages but on E'CI now Tunare et al. mages have the worst luck rolling. We win at times, but it is so rare the remarks of wow a mage won is heard (just not often at all).

So what do we do? We bid till we win it out right without a roll to be sure and even then till we loot the item we are never sure we won :)

Calebe
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Calebe wrote: So what do we do? We bid till we win it out right without a roll to be sure and even then till we loot the item we are never sure we won :)
Calebe
Ever hear of /petition -- "Refund due to Sued won"?

I have had to do that too so I am never sure of a win.

Sued...
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Back in the Anguish raiding days, we bid on armor, but rolled on augs and spells. We tore that place up for over a year every week and I didn't win a roll until it was down to about 5 people total rolling because everyone else already had. That's the luck of this mage. If you could /rand 0 5000 and get a negative number, I'm sure I would.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Abosr responded he enjoys a GROUP mage, and, most of us would agree that group mages can hold thier own. I hope Absor realizes that that same ability to hold their own does not carry over to the raid environment. I don't know how many times this has to be said before some raid/spell/AA/equipment designers figure out a way to get mages where they should be in terms of raid desirability.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Really... group or raid, it doesn't matter. His mage is probably level60 or under that he plays for an hour once every couple of weeks killing grey cons for nostalgia.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Absor is a really wonderful guy. He has a passion fo the game that rivals many players. He cares quite a bit about the community. Out of all the developers, at fan faire, I found him to be one of the most approchable and sincere.
Last edited by Danille on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.