Returning to EQ FAQ

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
naltena
Elementalist

Re: Returning to EQ FAQ

Post by naltena »

Danille I always wonder about that AA, wont mobs ignore my pet if he is inmune and proceed to break my face? (it works like that in other games not sure how immunity works in EQ as I never had one)
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

naltena wrote:Danille I always wonder about that AA, wont mobs ignore my pet if he is inmune and proceed to break my face? (it works like that in other games not sure how immunity works in EQ as I never had one)
The pet divine aura works a little differently. Unlike the player one, the pet one does not break or decrease pet aggro, so no mob will not proceed to break your face. The only thing that will happen is that your pet will be invulnerable for the duration, but he will still be attacking, casting, taunting, breaking the mobs face as it normally would.
Excellent usage, is to hit pet at low health with promise, then divine aura. Pet will be invulnerable and still heal up while smacking down the mob. I personally save this one for my oh crap moments, but if pet's about to die, it's beneficial to get that promise on him 1st, time permitting that is.
Last edited by Sillaen on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skizoke

Post by Skizoke »

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

Amazing guide.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

I will now actually get the pet DA. I thought it affected pets like it does players. Ie. they can't do anything. But this is pretty bitchin' if I can say 'go attack that uber mob' and give it a DA for the first 18 secs.

Holy cow. That's a game changer. Hope they don't nerf it. Can't a group of 3 mages effectively pet tank any mob for a full minute?

I'm guessing you can't DA a pet then pocket it. Nor could you relocate it.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Vincentt wrote:I will now actually get the pet DA. I thought it affected pets like it does players. Ie. they can't do anything. But this is pretty bitchin' if I can say 'go attack that uber mob' and give it a DA for the first 18 secs.

Holy cow. That's a game changer. Hope they don't nerf it. Can't a group of 3 mages effectively pet tank any mob for a full minute?

I'm guessing you can't DA a pet then pocket it. Nor could you relocate it.
Hold up on your purchase.

Yes, a group of 3 mages could pet tank any mob for a minute.
Yes, you could DA pet and pocket it. Not sure about relocate.

HOWEVER ..... dun dun dunnnnnn ..... HUGE nerf bat INC.

They did exactly what you hoped they wouldn't.

This was nerfed a month or so ago and the AA is now ~ 99.9% useless. How it currently works is that it resets the pet's aggro to 1, so yes in it's current form the mob will come break your face if you did anything to it prior to casting DCA on your pet. Useless AA now. Don't waste your purchase.
Kraymerica
Magician

Post by Kraymerica »

ARGGGG. I was just reading through this post and about to run home tonight and buy the AA. So much for that idea, stupid nerfbat!
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Thx Sillaen. I think I can still find a function for it though. Ie. Boss Mobs. Example: send the pet in first before anyone else to get onto the rampage list, MT takes over after 18 seconds and everyone else gets positioned.

Should Hulk_01 eat it, I can pull the 2nd one out of my pocket. In my case this would probably put the cleric merc on rampage, but for 9 AAs (approx 15 mins in LotD burn for me) it's worth it.

But that's gonna be the only use it seems. /frown. Too good to last. I'm sure I'm going to get my face broken till I get it figured out.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Vincentt wrote:Thx Sillaen. I think I can still find a function for it though. Ie. Boss Mobs. Example: send the pet in first before anyone else to get onto the rampage list, MT takes over after 18 seconds and everyone else gets positioned.
And there's the 0.01% I left unaccounted for. That's officially the only use for it. Starting out a fight while sitting around doing nothing for 18 secs.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Which makes it 100% useless for 99% of the game.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Does casting DA on pet generate more than 001 hate?