Returning to EQ FAQ

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
vlada
Elementalist

Returning to EQ FAQ

Post by vlada »

This FAQ was written first by Zacatac and myself on the old mage forums. I had saved a copy of the code on my computer and recently added it to the wiki and updated it to VoA. The mods here have helped proof read it and get it up to speed. Use this thread to provide feedback. Pictures you think should be added, new information, or new topics, expanded topics. Anything to really help returning players get caught up to speed and old players to learn a few new things. While it is not completed yet, I wanted to get it out for VoA, so please look it over and post if you think anything needs to be added.

Things I do want to add:
A pet section - filled with pet focus, items to give pets, items pets come with
A picture for the spell set right click menu
A picture of a cool looking standard house, a creative use of housing

Here is the link: http://www.eqmagetower.com/wiki/ReturningtoEQFAQ
Danille

Re: Returning to EQ FAQ

Post by Danille »

Holy crap that is the best returning player guide ever written. Amazingly good.
Wam
Elementalist

Post by Wam »

Cool this is what i was looking for m8!

Awesome work you have done...

Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

/wave vlada
vlada
Elementalist

Post by vlada »

He lives! I was wondering if you would come back during FTP.
nasbus
Trial Member

Post by nasbus »

thanks vlada and zacatac for making this FAQ. great to come back!
Gnomersy
Trial Member

Post by Gnomersy »

Just one thing I'd pray to see on this FAQ is a definitive AA section like they had on the Shadowknight boards. You know an AA list organized by section it's in, number of ranks, cost for each rank, what it does in general, and maybe a grade from A+ to F where an A+ is essentially the very best choice something which you should take and max asap and an F is something completely worthless to us like innate wisdom or whatever, and a few recommended paths like Solo mage, Group DPS mage, and Raid Mage and which AA's would be ideal. I remember having something kinda like that back on the old boards but as is I can't seem to find one around here.
vlada
Elementalist

Post by vlada »

Sorry for the delayed reply Gnomersy. I quit the game recently and poked my head in when it went free to play. I do plan on updating the FAQ with all the free to play stuff and answering a few common mage questions and update the pet section with links to the good pet threads. As for your AA suggestion, that would be great. But that is a lot of work. I started my masters degree and work full time, which is why i quit EQ and used my act in a manor that would help me pay for my degree. I can try to put something like that together quick and dirty and hopefully others will fine tune it.
vlada
Elementalist

Post by vlada »

Alright, completed a few updates to the FAQ. Give it a look over and let me know what else should be added. I am not sure if I am going to do the AA ranking idea yet, the amount of work required for it puts me off. Anyone who just started or is coming back who read the FAQ i'd love it if you would PM me your impressions and suggestions for the FAQ, you're the reason I made it.
Danille

Post by Danille »

please add to the list of important aa's

Divine Companion's Aura