type 4 proc augs

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Domaa Klein

type 4 proc augs

Post by Domaa Klein »

I missed the expansion these came out and had some questions about them.
Has any done any parseing on them how effective are they?
I noticed they can only be put in weps. If you equip a wep in your secondary with an Aug can they both proc at the same time? How much of a increase in dps is this?
Is it better to go with damage proc or mama replenish Aug?

Just a couple questions I had any info would be great thx.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: type 4 proc augs

Post by Voragath »

The new proc augs are about 6ppm. DMG v. Mana is usually considered a play style issue. If you are looking to max your dps, most will probably say go for the dmg proc.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

type 4 came out with ldon and augs in general. They mostly haven't meant anything to casters since they are all weapon proc augs
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:type 4 came out with ldon and augs in general. They mostly haven't meant anything to casters since they are all weapon proc augs
That's why I said "new." There are type 4 augs now that say "spell effect" and were introduced with UF. For the sake of confusion, you'll probably want the type 4 "spell effect" augs from HoT and beyond if you are looking at mana procs.
Domaa Klein

Post by Domaa Klein »

Yes i was talking about the spell effect ones that came our recently in Uf.

Couple more questions. I notice they saw wep on them do they work in a shield?

Any idea at what point the procs breaks down and no longer yeild about 6 ppm. IE if i have one that comes stock with the wep, then a proc aug in my wep, then a secondary wep with a proc aug in it. Am i looking at 18 ppm or less?

Trying to be lazy here and save some plat and some time parsing this all out. lol Thanks for any help.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

In UF it was common to have 3 mana return augs on your char (Primary, Shield, Range). They each had a set amount they could proc, and you could not proc more then 1 of them at a time. Those mana return augs got nerfed to not proc over level 85 on spells. They were 250, 250, 225 mana respectively, which crushed a lot of mana regen we got in UF. Ever since then we haven't seen a proc anywhere near 225 on an aug, I believe the closest proc aug is 110 mana. Which is a 50% nerf, and makes the mana proc augs kind of useless considering our overall mana useage.

As to the proc augs currently your best bet is to look on lucy and type in each of their procs and see which has the highest DMG and best resist adjust (resist adjust is better the further negative it goes). I am setup so I use an aC aug in my shield to get the benefits of the the cap being removed for us on AC there, then I have a nuke aug in my primary and range plus a mana proc from my weapon and my shawl. You have to get silver tokens if u want a nuke aug in your range (believe UF is still the only expansion with range type nuke augs). Also, you want to stick with Direct Damage nuke augs and not Damage over Time nuke augs because we can not increase Damagae over Time ones, but we can increase Direct Damage ones.

General rule of thumb is: You always want something procing. So, having 1 aug only leaves X amount of spells cast w/o anything having a chance to proc. Same goes for 2. I believe the special number is 3 to 4 depending on how your setup.

I am currently using Acorn of Spite and Bragnar's Sympathetic Stone.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Domaa Klein

Post by Domaa Klein »

I got looking around on the forms for a order in which the procs can fire but i can't find that post. Pie i think it was you doing the parsing on that but tbh i can't remember. What ever came of that? The reason i ask is i have the t4 thb and just got the t3 one also with chit. I'm going to raid with the t3 on burns and thinking of setting it full of proc spell effect augs. I would hate to be hurting my chances of procing the big dd if the little ones mess with it.

EDIT: NM not sure how i missed it but i found the post.
Last edited by Domaa Klein on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faern

Post by Faern »

How much is the damage on Bragnar's Sympathetic Stone? I see it's a purchase off a vendor, now to find out if I need flagging and how to get silver tokens.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Silver tokens came from playing the boomerang game in Underfoot. It's a little side game in Brell's Rest. It's an instance, requires 3 people to get (mercs don't count) and has a lockout.

If you are facing the two ramps in Brell's Rest, the ramp at the left has an NPC at the bottom that'll give you the mission.
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

bragnars sympathetic has a 225dd proc with a -200 resist adjust