Air Pet beasty!

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Arterian
Magician

Re: Air Pet beasty!

Post by Arterian »

How's earth pet?
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Was there a note in the game updates about earth pet's shielding or just a comment from the mage correspondent or a game dev?

Also what's the opinion on the Monster Summoning pets while they are still relevant? My mage will be hitting 80 shortly so there will be a brief window before I get access to 81 air.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Miphon wrote:Was there a note in the game updates about earth pet's shielding or just a comment from the mage correspondent or a game dev?

Also what's the opinion on the Monster Summoning pets while they are still relevant? My mage will be hitting 80 shortly so there will be a brief window before I get access to 81 air.
It wasn't a game update per say, the Earth pet got beefed up when HoT was released. It got an overhaul to quite a few stats, making it tank signifcantly better then what it was tanking in UF.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, I suspect Aristo bumped it again this time. His first tuning pass (which is usually the normal +whatever boosts all pets get) was not enough for the Earth pet in his opinion. He decided to give it some boosts.

The terminology he used discussing a similar topic in HoT and this time for the VoA earth pet leads me to believe VoA got a similar significant boost this time around too.
Last edited by Voragath on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Voragath wrote:Well, I suspect Aristo bumped it again this time. His first tuning pass (which is usually the normal +whatever boosts all pets get) was not enough for the Earth pet in his opinion. He decided to give it some boosts.

The terminology he used discussing a similar topic in HoT and this time for the VoA earth pet leads me to believe VoA got a similar significant boost this time around too.
Awesome!