Next Expansion AA's

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Next Expansion AA's

Post by Voragath »

Shardin wrote:never take cross zone coh off the list
This has never ever been off the list. Just because it isn't sent on a formal list does not mean it doesn't exist. I talked with the devs about this and, unless the way zones are done in EQ is radically redesigned, this will never happen. They are well aware we want it and it is always on their mind. ;)
vlada
Elementalist

Post by vlada »

I assume the standard are on the list:
Upgraded suspend minion that acts like merc slots
Group coth
insta cast coth

I do like the idea of passive AA to increase the power of our anti summoned line. Either by a higher chance to hit for 50k, and / or increase the damage.

Just looking back at our AA lines that have not been upgraded. We could take say Improved Reclaim Energy and get a rank ii out of it. This would then provide us with mana every time a pet died or despawned, or an aura / buff for our pet(s) that would grant us mana every time the pet proced it. Something to help with out mana.

Upgrade to shifting Elements. Maybe another AA that unlinks the two sets that are linked.

Could take shared health AA in a new direction, its rarely used. Could make a rank 7 that the pet /shields you like normal but doing so gives you a 50k heal (hp will probably be around the 120-150k range).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Odd idea, not sure it's even possible but how about an AA that gives us a percentage or set of mana back when our pet does die. Rank 1 of the AA would give say 90% of the casting cost of the pet itself, rank 2 would give us 50% of the casting cost of the pet and all buffs, rank 3 would give us 90% of the casting cost of the pet plus all buffs. This doesn't even have to be mana, it could simply be a HP conversion; maybe a 50% 65% 80% of max hitpoints of the is returned to us as mana when it's killed.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I am not sure how beneficial the transfer of HP and mana would be to a non-group/non-raid scenario given that if the pet dies you are likely dead fairly quick or gated/whatever, but I can see where that could be useful in those group/raid situations where you aren't pet tanking. Although I can also see where something like that could be exploited to be some kind of super mana or health regen (suspend pet, cast a "sure to die" pet, send until the mana or whatever is full, pop main pet back out).

Here is an idea for a pet AA specific to air pets. If an air pet happens to die, it sets off a concussion like effect that stuns any mob on its hate list (except lets say named or raid bosses so it doesn't get exploited somehow). The idea here is to make the air pet have a cool new feature seeing as they don't want to give us the regular stun back to the level it used to be, and it provides a reason to use it over another pet in that it gives you a rather decent chance of escaping bad situations at the cost of it not tanking quite as well as earth. This would not be something you could trigger...it would just be something the air pet would have innately if you had the AA. Of course, one problem with this idea is it could start devs down the slippery slope of ideas that involve pets dying by other means and we definitely don't want that.

That said, how about also an AA that gives a pet the chance to have a DI effect where it doesn't die but pops back up...with each rank adding to the chance of it happening as well as the number of HP it has when it comes back. Like say at rank 1 it pops back to 10% health...each subsequent rank adding 5 or 10% to the health it pops back at.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Time for me to explain myself and why I desire the aa's that have been posted.

My playtime is very limited; usually 4-5 days a week at 45-60 minutes each time. When I sit down my gyrospire relocation device is clicked and poof I'm in beza or zeka for a lesson burn. Nearly always I have a buffed up pet pocketed as well as a buffed pet out. Fairly often around half way through the lesson burn I'm running low on mana, all aa's have been spent and I get the occasional (maybe once a week) add that overwhelms my pet.....dead pet. Not a big deal because of my suspended pet but it would be really nice to not kill another 5 mobs or so then have to do ooc regen to finish out my lesson burn. The chance of even 4-5 mobs killing me in either of those two zones before I can either gate or unsuspend my pet is pretty small. The AE stun idea would be really nice but IMO the mana return would be better. If it would stack with improved relcaim energy even better.

As far as the wanting AtA or AtD to crit for more than 32k it's been a really long time since 32k was a relevant amount of damage when the spell specifically says "and a 2 percent chance to eradicate them completely." This hasn't been true since Splitpaw went completely green at level 83. Beza mobs have around 120k hp, zeka a little more, suits of armor in HoT lower around 400k. What about summoned mobs in VoA? Even the 52k with Abolish Destruction as compared to current VoA mobs is laughable.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Shardin wrote: clean things up:
an aa to simplify buffing pet (burnout/iceflame/velocity/str aura).
any aa to simplify/consolidate all the other aa's and spells we have
get rid of any aa or spell line that has been antiquated

AA to make your pet passively have velocity speed. Rank 2 could be selos speed (this is not OP imo because it only speeds up the pet, not you)
I'm going to add this to spells. This is a bundled spell much like they bundled the Shammy and Cleric buffs.
aa that gives your pet weapons (you could have 5 different ones).
This requires the pet template to make happen. You are asking to multiply the current template count by five. I'll put it on the list until I can discuss it further with Aristo for a possible workaround.
add player interface for this new parsing system...
This is not what you think it is. They aren't parsing in game data at all. At best, they are using it on their personal disconnected server. It sounds to me though, it's a simulation program. In any event, it's not possible to "plug-in" to their parser program.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

svenalo wrote: Here is an idea for a pet AA specific to air pets. If an air pet happens to die, it sets off a concussion like effect that stuns any mob on its hate list (except lets say named or raid bosses so it doesn't get exploited somehow). The idea here is to make the air pet have a cool new feature seeing as they don't want to give us the regular stun back to the level it used to be, and it provides a reason to use it over another pet in that it gives you a rather decent chance of escaping bad situations at the cost of it not tanking quite as well as earth. This would not be something you could trigger...it would just be something the air pet would have innately if you had the AA. Of course, one problem with this idea is it could start devs down the slippery slope of ideas that involve pets dying by other means and we definitely don't want that.
This is not something you'd always want to have on. If you were raiding and your pet died, you are in deep smurf if an add or more is loose or about to be. Same situation if you are fighting in close quarters and an add kills your pet then you stun mobs close by. Also, I don't think they can code it specifically for a single pet (which is why I think VT works on all pets and not just water).

I didn't add it to the list just yet because I'm getting the feeling I'm not understanding your request properly. You can PM me or respond here about it. I'll add it to the list when I hear from ya ;)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

When you all say "kill off a line" or "get rid of a line" are you all talking actual removal or just to let Eli know not to even think about messing with it for upgrades?

The reason is that an aa line isn't going to get removed just because we don't use it. For an aa to get removed it must be one of these: broken to the point it is in fact doing nothing, is made redundant by another aa, or interferes with another aa's functionality. Or something along those lines.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

1. Never remove a line. Just stop upgrading it.
2. On the air pet concussion thing, I have no problem if it were a toggle on the pet like focus and ghold...and if it can't be an aa and has to be done another way, thats fine too.
newquseio

Post by newquseio »

A new line That intead of the current critical dmg line it adds a chance to do i dunno 5x dmg works only off of crits and causes some sort of recursion effect be it mana , or increaqse dmg/cast speed