Current 95 weave?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tlobad

Current 95 weave?

Post by Tlobad »

I was seeing PJ on SOE forums say he is using

VOA Spear, HOT Spear, VOA bolt, are Mages dropping RS out of the lineup (non burn) I already dropped RS (lvl 90 one) only 94 atm when using twincast AA/spell.

Back when I raided hard-core on Mage twincast was not around.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Current 95 weave?

Post by Piemastaj »

That is out of mana pool necessity. In any group your not going to be able to weave 3x 3.1k+ mana spells. It is just too draining on any type of mana pool currently.

In a perfect world (mana not in question) it wuld go Ruthless>Spear>Spear>Bolt for a group w/o 10+ pets on the mob. With 10+ pets on: Ruthless>Strike>Spear>Spear.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Tlobad

Post by Tlobad »

Thanks, my current group make up is Sk/Mag/Nec/Bard and either Wiz or Mnk depending on what my friend plays that day.

I enjoyed the Mage again so much that I bagged my lvl 95 bstlord with 4.5k aa!
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

My spell lineup for moloing, groups, or raids doesn't change...I use the same weave for all of them. Slot one is VOA RS, then Thaum, then Twincast, then VOA Spear, then HOT Spear, then Bolt, then Burning; and then it pops off Force whenever its up. Then I have a weave variant key that drops the VOA RS out of that mix. But yes, it is one hell of a mana hog (either one) and being careful not to spam the either weave key too often is essential. Regardless, it is a life of sitting, eating rods, casting Gather, clicking COM3, employing mana trick this and that, etc all the time. But then as a mage I am used to running on mana fumes...if I had any mana most days I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

My view of things is kill it fast whenever possible, and that is my play style, hence my weave. Plays hell on anything of a sustained nature as PJ elludes to, but there you go...
Last edited by svenalo on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tlobad

Post by Tlobad »

Just dinged 95 last night!
I started with a hotkey when I tab to Mage:

/pause XX, /cast 1 (95RS pet RK2)
/pause XX, /cast 2 (now VOA spear RK2)
/pause XX, /cast 3 (HOT Spear Rk2)
/pause XX, /cast 8 (Thau mana regen rk2) < it skips this when its not up!
/alt act force of elements.

The slacker in me just realized I forgot to go grab the type 3 augs.
I use this setup so the Mage does not pull aggro right away when I am getting stuff locked on Sk and starting my 3-6 dot rot!

When I only play the Mage I weave basically like PJ posted in this forum.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Or you can just make a single key weave following the multibind post by Wire in the library forum.
Tlobad

Post by Tlobad »

svenalo wrote:Or you can just make a single key weave following the multibind post by Wire in the library forum.
How would a single key work when I am tabing to 3 other accounts?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Tlobad wrote:
svenalo wrote:Or you can just make a single key weave following the multibind post by Wire in the library forum.
How would a single key work when I am tabing to 3 other accounts?
Good point.