Coldain Shawl 2.0 #7: The Temper of Silver

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Shardin
Conjurer

Coldain Shawl 2.0 #7: The Temper of Silver

Post by Shardin »

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=88820

I went to do #7 crawl and the robot bugged and stopped moving between checkpoints 3 and 4. Anyone know how to avoid this?

In doing research I'm confused about a few things. I read somewhere that #7 actually procs less mana over time than #6. Is this true?

Also, I read that primary and secondary aug procs trigger before shawl. Therefore, should we minimize the amount of procs we have in primary and secondary so that the shawl triggers?

Also, the clicky buff in #7, does it stack with anything? It seems to have small versions of a lot of other clicky buffs.

Can we get them to put in an upgrade to the UF Shawl? Or perhaps come up with an alternative to the CV raid part. A shawl for the next xpac wouldn't have to be as big a jump as from velious to UF now so I don't think the quest would have to be as long as the UF one. I've really worked hard on this thing over the years, that is why I kept 1.0 in the bank. God only knows how many hours I spent on this lol. Both times it was an awesome job finishing and had very powerful effects. I love this feeling and would like to see more epic quests like this. Perhaps when they up the tradeskill max from 300 they can add an upgrade or something.
Last edited by Shardin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Coldain Shawl 2.0 #7: The Temper of Silver

Post by Piemastaj »

I am unsure on your stuck issue (my solution would be probably have the mob stop then hit move again when you get near that spot, it might be bugging your mob out with pathing or whatever).

As to the procs. When you upgrade from 6 shawl to 7 shawl your losing 100 mana, but your gaining a 500 DMG proc. It is kind of a steep drop (raid is only 50 mana for 600 DMG), but that 500 DMG proc goes into the nuke it gets casted with (if it is on bolt, spear magma, spear steel, strike. This happens because they take time to land on their target). So, it is your call what you want to use really.

I use 2 nuke Augs (primary, range) and shawl procs all day long.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

Which shawl are you using? So raid shawl is still 50 less mana than 6 shawl? weird.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Yes, but your also gaining a 600 point nuke which more then makes up for the 50 mana. That goes into the base of your spell, so your max hit will go up aswell. SOE is saying we are giving u less mana because your also doing DMG on top of the mana your getting.

I am using shawl 8, which is the raid shawl.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

what proc aug fits in range slot?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

The silver vendor in Brell's Rest sells DD augs for the range slot. Think 50 or 100 silver tokens per aug.

Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

There are a lot to choose from.. does it matter which type?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I believe they all have the same resist adjustments, so probably not. Best bet is to type in the nuke it procs on lucy and see the resist adjustment on the nuke to be 100% sure though.

sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Shardin wrote:http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=88820

I went to do #7 crawl and the robot bugged and stopped moving between checkpoints 3 and 4. Anyone know how to avoid this?
I also had a failed bad run due to the the robot stoping also. I think that what happens is that the robot will not proceed until any mob that has been within aggro range is dead. Due to a lag spike the bot once ran off in a random direction but then warped back to me. Nothing aggroed (since nothing had aggroed the quester controlling the bot) but the bot passed near them so wouldn't move. Depending on your pulling method, you could stupefy your bot. The solution is to kill everything nearby or that might have been nearby and hope it starts moving again. If everything you can see is dead and it won't move try the grekens in the lake, sometimes they wander close enough to the shore.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

I tried killing everything in site.. after many petitions the GM's helped me