AA recommendation [81]

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Conjurous
Elementalist

Re: AA recommendation [81]

Post by Conjurous »

Skrub wrote:Hmmm, what's wrong with CoN 2? I have it and it works as intended I guess. Gets rid of the mobs when I want it to, or keeps them occupied while I bring up pet # 2.
CoN 2 lasts longer than CoN 1 so mobs had more chance to kill it b4 it cast the blur, CoN 3 is far better cus it gained a ton more hp, it has maybe 1 million hp or something so it can last thru VoA T4 trash.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

bluejaye wrote:drape of the elements are companion of necessity are good aa for soloing. drape is our fade, and con is a temporary pet that memblurs the mob when it poofs. both are useful for pulling. just a warning ... train con 2 and 3 at the same time if you want to use it. con 2 is a terrible aa, but the 3rd rank made it useful again.

to each their own, but i tend to train aa in the following order
1. necessary utility
2. self dps
3. pet defensives
4. pet heals
5. utility that amuses me
6. pet dps
7. self defensives
It seems like most of you guys target an AA and max it? I missed your post back when I posted this so I owe you a thank you! and Though I started focusing on pet AA's (I've swarmkilled the past 14 levels) I stoped once the increments I was getting were too small for the AA's I was paying. I tend to take an AA to the first few ranks (the powerfull ones) and move to the next so my points are all over the place. Now however I dont see any new abilities that I can take on so I will star concentraiting on my personal DPS like your recomended It just makes me sad to pay 12 AAs for 1% crit =/

Also to add to the CoN discussion If you are under lvl 91 you cant buy the third rank I did not know that so I blew some AAs on rank 2 thinking I was going to buy rank 3 with my banked AA's guess that will happen when I ding 91 :) so keep that in mind guys.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

i tend to target a weakness and train all aa per expansion. for instance, when training combat agility and combat stability, i got 9 ranks of both early on because its diminishing returns after that. then when i was ready to max them, i trained ca for the one expansion, cs for the same expansion, then moved back to ca. it ended up being something like 5 ranks of each before moving on. i did the same with pet offensives. got the crit and flurry ones in class and archtype max for the same expansion before moving on.

*edit -- i honestly don't know if this is the best way to approach it, but it seemed to keep me fairly well rounded in an area i was trying to improve.
Last edited by bluejaye on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Tea you are doing something similar to what I'm doing I think our way is better than going all out on a single AA because of the poor return at higher lvls.
Skrub

Post by Skrub »

Yeah, but at what point does it really make much of a difference? Mages make AA so quickly solo without merc that they can run through one line of aa in like nothing. I'm 76 and still ripping through the AA at a count of 1400. I can only imagine how fast the 90+ levels are ripping through the AA at that count.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Don't start thinking that at higher levels you'll get aa's more quickly. What mobs you kill and in what zone plays a really big factor in that. For instance beza is light blue with a smattering of green here and there at 95 while zeka mobs are all light blue. I could kill a lot faster in beza because the mobs don't hit as hard. Even with more aa's that help my dps out I still can't get the aa's per lesson burn than I could at 94 in beza. When I moved out of splitpaw my aa rate dropped because the beza mobs were that much tougher than splitpaw.
Forte

Post by Forte »

I have all AAs, just burning glyphs now. My recommendations, bearing in mind that different playstyles will require varying priorities.

Subtlety - get it maxed before everything else, and use one of the de-agro augs.

Spell DPS

Pet DPS

Pet survivability

( Some may wish to reverse those last two, especially if you're in current content without a current EM item. )

Forte

Diligence
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

@Forte Thank you in the end it has come to the role I'm playing in my new group. I no longer are the main tank so I'm concentrating in personal and pet dps. I've completely ignored subtlety and Ive died in several boss battles I really should invest in maxing it.

@Skrub Like Tweelis said going up in lvls doesnt mean a faster AA rate, Yesterday I did 60 aas in like 3 hours where back in paw I did 60 aas in an hour and a half, I just got bored of it and moved on :).

@Tweelis I must be doing beza wrong every mage tells me to go there but I find the whole place horrible for xp, Loopin plain tasks and house of thule garden task yield more AA's per hour for me. I'm currently lvl 91 and I would love to do beza right and Enjoy all the amazing AA grindage ppl talk about.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I use to get around 10-12 aa's per 30 minute lesson burn in beza depending on gift of mana procs. In zeka it's around 9-11 per 30 minute burn. What are you getting in loping plains? Now if I'm in windsong with some friends that really know how to play well it's fairly easy to get 16-18 per burn, I even hit 21 during the xp boost awhile back on a 30 minute lesson burn. Then again that group would push out 60k dps sustained and burst to 100k on named.

When you did 60 aa's in splitpaw was lesson of the devoted or a xp pot running or was that just straight up grinding?
naltena
Elementalist

Post by naltena »

Tweelis wrote:I use to get around 10-12 aa's per 30 minute lesson burn in beza depending on gift of mana procs. In zeka it's around 9-11 per 30 minute burn. What are you getting in loping plains? Now if I'm in windsong with some friends that really know how to play well it's fairly easy to get 16-18 per burn, I even hit 21 during the xp boost awhile back on a 30 minute lesson burn. Then again that group would push out 60k dps sustained and burst to 100k on named.

When you did 60 aa's in splitpaw was lesson of the devoted or a xp pot running or was that just straight up grinding?
In lopin plains I did 14-16 aas per lesson but there is this SK in my server that gets angry at me when i play there telling me to leave the zone because im higher lvl etc etc, So I just gave up and moved to another place to avoid being spamed.

My splitpaw record was done with LoD you can even watch me do it here well the first 30 mins of one run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExsCBNX ... r_embedded

Keep in mind that all the info I'm giving you is at 1k AA's (well right now 1.4k but I'm talking about back in split paw) So if you are making that many AA's post 2.5k AAs I guess beza is a great place and I need to learn how to do it right. In lopin plain I do the same thing i do in splitpaw video pull 8 keep pet up + ds.