Returning Player Question About HoT Summoned Pet Armor

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Vardamur

Returning Player Question About HoT Summoned Pet Armor

Post by Vardamur »

Hey guys. Been gone a few years and have a question about the lvl 86 pet summoned armor. Before I left, our pets were summoned with pre-equipped armor. Was this changed since SoD? Or is this armor for other classes? Sorry if this topic was covered somewhere else.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Returning Player Question About HoT Summoned Pet Armor

Post by Piemastaj »

They come equipped with armor. The spell for the pet armor is for like Necro, BL, Shammy, SK ect. Their pets do not come summoned with any gear.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

Ok thank you. That helps save a lot of time once I ding 86.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Vardamur wrote:Ok thank you. That helps save a lot of time once I ding 86.
This is already the case for pets 76+, so your 76-80, and 81-85 will come pre-equipped with full summoned items (except weapons), but do note that it will only come with the summoned items for that tier (so the items you can summon from 76-80 will be the items on the 76-80 pets, etc). Also another thing to note, if you can find super cheap elegant/elaborate plate armor in the bazaar, that can give you a relatively significant bump in strength. Since you're not cap level, I'm assuming you aren't really raiding currently, so if you know you aren't going to die for a while since you aren't raiding (outside of un-intended), and you're pet tanking/soloing, you may want to consider building yourself a nice little chunk of cheap elegant plate to equip on your pet.

Don't worry about the items poofing on the pet, there's an easy way to check if you're concerned about it. Load up elemental draw (800dd to your pet), and cast it on your pet. Take down that number, then equip all of the defiant items, and do it again. The number will be a lower one because of the spell shielding from the defiant armor. If you're ever curious if your pet is still equipped, just hit it with elemental draw again, and look at the number. If it's that lower number than an initially summoned pet, then you know it still has the items.
Skrub

Post by Skrub »

To be clear on the defiant armor stuff since I have a whole bunch in my alt guild bank, I should equip pet with all of them except the BP and maybe the legs to prevent the loss of avoidance correct? I'd like to keep my avoid on pet up as much as possible.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Skrub wrote:To be clear on the defiant armor stuff since I have a whole bunch in my alt guild bank, I should equip pet with all of them except the BP and maybe the legs to prevent the loss of avoidance correct? I'd like to keep my avoid on pet up as much as possible.
Don't forget that the extra AC from the defiant over the summoned plate also affects avoidance and mitigation. What I don't know though is if the extra AC from the defiant would be able to outdo the extra avoid/shield from the chest/legs. That would also take some extensive parsing which I don't really have time for right at this moment, but if I ever get around to it I'll do the parsing for it since I'm on the test server now as my main server anyway.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I've done some light testing between the summoned breastplate versus the defiant plate breastplate. It's very very close either way. Now if you're doing a lesson burn and a warped steel breastplate drops that's a pretty big upgrade. I have a buy line in the bazaar for warped steel. Granted it's really rare to get one but there is a difference, especially in newer content where pets need all the AC they can get.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Tweelis wrote:I've done some light testing between the summoned breastplate versus the defiant plate breastplate. It's very very close either way. Now if you're doing a lesson burn and a warped steel breastplate drops that's a pretty big upgrade. I have a buy line in the bazaar for warped steel. Granted it's really rare to get one but there is a difference, especially in newer content where pets need all the AC they can get.
If that's the case, then I think the defiant will win out a summoned breastplate every time. Reason I say this is because of all of the other stats and mod2s that are on the defiant vs summoned. If it's a hair's width difference in tanking, then the extra strength you would receive, and the other dps oriented stats/mod2s will easily make up the difference.

Now the main difference though for most outside of how it affects the pets is also price. BPs and Legs are easily the most expensive of the defiant armors, so that may not make it worth spending the plat, unless you're either rich, or hardly ever die.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Except that the mod2s that affect pet tanking cap out by with the summoned cloak from EM5 up. Which means you're back to increasing AC to get a benefit.