Crystallos info and query

Not quite at the level cap.
Miphon
Elementalist

Crystallos info and query

Post by Miphon »

Would have posted this in the level forums but can't.

Been spending some time in Crystallos with my 80 mage and occasionally 76 druid. After the requisite deaths from disrepecting the mobs and getting familiar with the zone I have a couple of points and one query.

Mobs n the zone are soloable with the 76 air pet, EM5 focus and all the pet defensives up to 80. Not efficient but doable. With a healer merc duo's are readily doable also without major concern. Was very chuffed to take down Squire Tectoran last night with the mage, druid and 2 healer mercs. Was on the fourth attempt after learning to position correctly and not having the druid get one rounded on the pull. Have not attempted the prismatic trio as yet but will attempt such soon. Almost at 81 and expect the new pet will help substantially.

Question is, are any of the Squires resistant to fire or magic? Specifically concerned with Squire Alkaa. He/she seems to drop most of the caster gear but am very doubtful I can down the mob without fire nukes.

Side rant - been hunting Velitorkin and Tiorpat for the OoW T1 clicky robe and not seen a scepter drop in over 30 kills of the two mobs combined. Surely the
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: Crystallos info and query

Post by Goranothos »

Is Crystallos access still task locked, or has SoE opened it up?
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Unlocked along with Meldrath's Mansion as of April 13, 2011.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

I'm pretty sure the fire squire is resistant to fire. He was one of the harder ones for me to kill back in the day with my druid. It's been so long, I can't remember for sure.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Almost positive fire squire doesn't have high fire resist like most of the stuff in that wing. I'm fairly certain I remember being very surprised, but I haven't been back since SoF era so don't quote me on that. You could play it safe and load a couple magic nukes + shock of many. Worst case scenario is <resist> <evac>.

On a side note, it took about 20 Velts to get scepter to drop for my nec. The numbers game should be in your favor at this point.
Last edited by nako on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Well the RNG finally played ball and the scepter dropped from Tiorpat for me this morning. Was on a post ding high with just getting my shiny new 81 air pet. Of course the RNG can still screw me getting the two remaining oil candles I need.

Time to get back on the AA train and start trying the prismatic triplets as well as trying on the the other Squires. Biggest concern with the Squires other than Tectoren is kill timing and positioning to avoid the eye.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Congrats!

The oil candles actually took me more time than the scepter. The nec went from scowling to indifferent just killing the ikaavs in RCoD, 3 candles took about 1000 mobs (a week of solid 2-3 hour sessions). A month or so later I saw someone selling 15 candles in baz at 500pp per. No comment.

If I remember correct, the eyes have a fixed path as long as they haven't been agro'd. They'll leave the squire rooms for about 5 minutes which should be long enough to prep/kill/etc. Be very careful if you get agro and lose it somehow (evac/die/CoN/whatever). Their pathing would get really screwy for a long time afterwards.

The air squire is probably the easiest after earth, just due to the amount of room you have to work with (and there's a safe spot to the left as you come out of the tunnel to the big squire room).
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

I wonder if Crystallos would be a good place for me to box AAs, with or without mercs with my two toons? Looks like the mobs are in the level 79-82 range. Would they still give exp to level 91 toons?
Last edited by Goranothos on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

nako, thanks for the info. Is the air Squire PH the drake closest to the teleport pad?

Goranothos, the regular elementals are 79, drakes and wyverns are 82. They'll definitely give you XP, whether it's worth it just for XP is questionable. I'd recommend working the ice drake and ice wyvern rooms for easiest pulling and eye avoidance. Pays to use your Aspect of Zomm or Worlu eyes to scout for SoS elder wyverns. Also the elder drakes see invis. Eyes are just bad news all around.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Thanks for the info. I pretty much skipped the entire SoF expansion (didn't play much that year) so it will be nice to explore something new. What's so bad about the Eyes, besides the fact that they see invis?